New Commit

Should they really be accepting commitments with a new staff coming in?

Absolutely. When you have a chance to jump on talent you do it. Hamilton may not be highly ranked but he's widely regarded as a top running back in Dade County. No sense in not accepting a commitment and then another school realizing his talent and stealing him right out of UM's back yard.

I agree with problem2. It's not right to take commitments just yet unless someone on staff has behind the scenes knowledge, which I doubt. You are putting the new HC in a bad situation. He may not want 6 scholarship RBs next year. He may want to recruit other guys or something. You are going to make him either keep him, or tell him he doesn't want him ruining relationships from the start.

New HC usually come with some momentum and that could lead to having a chance on more talented backs i.e Fils-Aime or someone similar.

Fair enough. How about this though. Let's say for some reason it's the number one running back in the country and he wants to commit. Do you still not accept that? That doesn't make much sense to me. I know that's not the case, but still a relevant question.

Thats a valid point. you absolutely take it. this is the best RB in your recruiting base. you take him. more likely then not, the new coach will keep his commit because of the talent.

Advertisement

Absolutely. When you have a chance to jump on talent you do it. Hamilton may not be highly ranked but he's widely regarded as a top running back in Dade County. No sense in not accepting a commitment and then another school realizing his talent and stealing him right out of UM's back yard.

I agree with problem2. It's not right to take commitments just yet unless someone on staff has behind the scenes knowledge, which I doubt. You are putting the new HC in a bad situation. He may not want 6 scholarship RBs next year. He may want to recruit other guys or something. You are going to make him either keep him, or tell him he doesn't want him ruining relationships from the start.

New HC usually come with some momentum and that could lead to having a chance on more talented backs i.e Fils-Aime or someone similar.

Fair enough. How about this though. Let's say for some reason it's the number one running back in the country and he wants to commit. Do you still not accept that? That doesn't make much sense to me. I know that's not the case, but still a relevant question.

Thats a valid point. you absolutely take it. this is the best RB in your recruiting base. you take him. more likely then not, the new coach will keep his commit because of the talent.

I'll say this: I like it better than what we did in 2011. Golden basically started from scratch.

Last edited:
Homer is Solid his Mom is real tight with the Cane Mom's Crew, Notre Dame came at him Hard and he said No, then u see Deon McIntosh commit to them.

Advertisement
Thanks. Solid backfield despite having missed some good ones in Cook, Michel, Williams, Collins. Just so much talent in So FL.

And if he's waiting for that FSU offer, he might want to re think that = their coaching situation is about to get real **** shaky.

Just watch

Advertisement
And if he's waiting for that FSU offer, he might want to re think that = their coaching situation is about to get real **** shaky.

Just watch

Yeah. Jimbo looks to be at the top of the LSU donor list. I wouldn't be shocked if he bolted for that SEC money.

Who is the primary recruiter here? Staff could be attractive to other schools based on the recruits they can bring with them or be retained for the same reason. That's an incentive for them to keep recruiting.

Jawon Hamilton is the best back in Dade and Broward.

I didn't know much about him going into the year, but every week he was breaking off long run after long run. He has 1,191 yards and 16 TDs on 9.8 yards per carry against good competition. Last week in the playoffs, he lit up Southridge for two TDs (including an 80 yarder).

Here are his senior highlights:

[HUDL]athlete/4635758/highlights/283491383[/HUDL]

Thanks for sharing this, D. This kid won't be a 2 star much longer. His tape is nice. He has breakaway speed. Outrunning DBs.

Advertisement
He is a solid player and in a very down year for RBs you take this pledge because he is better than Moss. Miami isn't after any more of the few elite backs in the country so take what you can get. I find it funny that no one has used the Mike James reference with this kid because he is very similar. My biggest concern with him is he has a very thick base and isn't the fastest and when he adds a few more lbs which he is gonna need how much will that slow him down.

Advertisement
Do we need 2 backs in this class?

RB's get about half the touches in the game right now, it's Yearby and Walton. Neither has breakaway speed. We've been lucky they haven't gotten hurt because we would be down to one plus Gray, who apparently can't figure out the play book.

Advertisement
Back