New Commit

how fast is he?

there arent any FAST backs on the roster, like 4.49 or faster types, even if he isnt highly rated, if he can fill a role thats all thats needed

#grammar

Advertisement
Jawon Hamilton is the best back in Dade and Broward.

I didn't know much about him going into the year, but every week he was breaking off long run after long run. He has 1,191 yards and 16 TDs on 9.8 yards per carry against good competition. Last week in the playoffs, he lit up Southridge for two TDs (including an 80 yarder).

He has the profile of a kid who gets a late offer to go to a mid-low tier P5 or even a MAC/SunBelt offer a little earlier and ends up an All-Conference player.

Looks like a nice pickup.

Totally agree...

Btw - Rasul is not even in the top 20 RB's in terms of yards for Dade and Broward...

What's up with that...??? 5 yards a carry in HS? Meh.
i said this when he committed to us. he clearly has the speed but kid hasn't got good vision at all.

Totally agree...

Btw - Rasul is not even in the top 20 RB's in terms of yards for Dade and Broward...

What's up with that...??? 5 yards a carry in HS? Meh.
i said this when he committed to us. he clearly has the speed but kid hasn't got good vision at all.

Never got the hype with that kid. Straight line speed is nowhere near the most important skill for a rb. Give me a guy with great vision, wiggle , good speed and good acceleration . Top end is just the gravy

Last edited:
Advertisement

I didn't know much about him going into the year, but every week he was breaking off long run after long run. He has 1,191 yards and 16 TDs on 9.8 yards per carry against good competition. Last week in the playoffs, he lit up Southridge for two TDs (including an 80 yarder).

He has the profile of a kid who gets a late offer to go to a mid-low tier P5 or even a MAC/SunBelt offer a little earlier and ends up an All-Conference player.

He was committed to fiu i believe then the mid majors offered...then we came through with an offer. I like it imo.....had this kid not went to coral reef...and played at Booker t his whole career..would be a High 3-4 star type....

Kids down south generally get left unheralded...because it so **** far down there and know one is going down to homestead unless its a big game to watch these kids recruiting wise

best rb in film in dade i saw.

Every week he ha slit up legit teams.

Only reason he is rated low i sbecause the kid transferred during recruiting season/off season.

He was at Coral Reef, then apparently went to Booker T Washington for a short period before heading to South Dade.

Those arent updated offers for him...after his mid season highlights got out all the oos colleges started coming at him. He's better than Zach Moss...and isnt that small...kid is probably above 190pds right now.

Believe me I know (Im apart of SD coaching staff) ... Before the Northwestern game he weighed in at 194 solid. None of these offers are updated and his rating is low because of him transferring. But he's clearly the top dawg of RB's in Dade

Good job coach....i was impressed of what he did to deerfield

He was committed to fiu i believe then the mid majors offered...then we came through with an offer. I like it imo.....had this kid not went to coral reef...and played at Booker t his whole career..would be a High 3-4 star type....

Kids down south generally get left unheralded...because it so **** far down there and know one is going down to homestead unless its a big game to watch these kids recruiting wise

RIGHT^^^^ if calloway didn't go to booker t i don't think he would be at florida right now.

Advertisement

RIGHT^^^^ if calloway didn't go to booker t i don't think he would be at florida right now.

He wouldnt be at FIU I guarantee you that

Down south has some of the most talented Optimus teams Antonio Galloway Herb Waters John Brown and a lot of other player come out of these leagues

Down south has some of the most talented Optimus teams Antonio Galloway Herb Waters John Brown and a lot of other player come out of these leagues

Calloway, Herb, Ermon Lane and John Brown all attended Homestead Sr High and played for Florida City Razorbacks. Calloway had his mind made up his 10th grade year when Florida came down recruiting him but only got the attention from Micahel Barrow his 11th grade year... Herb was a die hard Cane since entering high school but almost went away to UNC and John Brown bka "Smokey" never got looks from any division 1 school because his size and speed but wanted to be Cane. Fellas look up these 2017 kids Chei Hill (DE/LB) and Kyron Taylor (Guard). These kids are a dominant force on the football field.

Calloway, Herb, Ermon Lane and John Brown all attended Homestead Sr High and played for Florida City Razorbacks. Calloway had his mind made up his 10th grade year when Florida came down recruiting him but only got the attention from Micahel Barrow his 11th grade year... Herb was a die hard Cane since entering high school but almost went away to UNC and John Brown bka "Smokey" never got looks from any division 1 school because his size and speed but wanted to be Cane. Fellas look up these 2017 kids Chei Hill (DE/LB) and Kyron Taylor (Guard). These kids are a dominant force on the football field.

BroncoNation,
Good luck on Friday. I'm trying to head out to the game, which numbers should I keep an eye on?

Advertisement
#2 Ivan Smith RB (Transfer from Columbus) #5 Jawon Hamilton RB #6 James Wiggins (WR/DB Miami Committ) #7 Darnell Durham (QB/WR) this kid might be one of the smartest athletes I've seen on the field that can actually play any skilled position #9 Chei Hill (DE/LB) leads dade county in sacks and haven't seen anyone block this kid... he's been doubled majority of the season. He still has to update his huddle. The two cornerbacks are 10th graders 6'2 #8 Demetrius Ivey #2 4 Jamal Anderson. Bowman Swanson #74 (offered GT recently) or any of the offensive lineman. They're huge and so athletic. This group is full of talented future division 1 players just as Columbus is.

Appreciate it D-Money
BucNation
CaneNation

#2 Ivan Smith RB (Transfer from Columbus) #5 Jawon Hamilton RB #6 James Wiggins (WR/DB Miami Committ) #7 Darnell Durham (QB/WR) this kid might be one of the smartest athletes I've seen on the field that can actually play any skilled position #9 Chei Hill (DE/LB) leads dade county in sacks and haven't seen anyone block this kid... he's been doubled majority of the season. He still has to update his huddle. The two cornerbacks are 10th graders 6'2 #8 Demetrius Ivey #2 4 Jamal Anderson. Bowman Swanson #74 (offered GT recently) or any of the offensive lineman. They're huge and so athletic. This group is full of talented future division 1 players just as Columbus is.

Appreciate it D-Money
BucNation
CaneNation

Let's go Bucs!!!

Appreciate it D-Money
BucNation
CaneNation

What are they doing to ermon Lane up in tally?

Advertisement

Appreciate it D-Money
BucNation
CaneNation

Thanks.

I've said it before on this board, South Dade is the most underrated program in the state. Great players and very well-coached.

The guard ....Kyrod Taylor had the best guard film ive seen this year....

Pete i thjink posted about him in the spring...He's a kid i think um already offered or should.....BEAST...tired of just us flopping fat guys at guard and hoping for the best,...Taylor has the feet....and is light so cna add weight...reminds me of a better Linder.

Advertisement
Back