New Commit

Do we need 2 backs in this class?

RB's get about half the touches in the game right now, it's Yearby and Walton. Neither has breakaway speed. We've been lucky they haven't gotten hurt because we would be down to one plus Gray, who apparently can't figure out the play book.

Only reason I say that is its getting a little crowded back there, especially if Gus comes back healthy

Advertisement

RB's get about half the touches in the game right now, it's Yearby and Walton. Neither has breakaway speed. We've been lucky they haven't gotten hurt because we would be down to one plus Gray, who apparently can't figure out the play book.

Only reason I say that is its getting a little crowded back there, especially if Gus comes back healthy
There is a chance we could lose either/or yearby and gus next year. If that happens, we are left with Walton for 17. I dont say choc because we don't use him. Redshirt them both and have them ready for 18.

There is a chance we could lose either/or yearby and gus next year. If that happens, we are left with Walton for 17. I dont say choc because we don't use him. Redshirt them both and have them ready for 18.

I'd still take Fila- Aims now and make it 3 rbs just because of that

Advertisement

I'd still take Fila- Aims now and make it 3 rbs just because of that

I think he's made it pretty clear he's not coming to Miami.

Advertisement
This kid just went up against 7 to 8 guys in the box and ran for 100 yards on 10 carries. Jawon may be one of the fastest RB's in Florida with the exception of Amir Rasul from Coral Gables (you will see those two in the State Finals in the 100). He currently weighs 194 lbs. He and his offensive line will be tested against a sound Christopher Columbus team.

- South Dade Buc
- CaneNation

best rb in film in dade i saw.

Every week he ha slit up legit teams.

Only reason he is rated low i sbecause the kid transferred during recruiting season/off season.

He was at Coral Reef, then apparently went to Booker T Washington for a short period before heading to South Dade.

Those arent updated offers for him...after his mid season highlights got out all the oos colleges started coming at him. He's better than Zach Moss...and isnt that small...kid is probably above 190pds right now.

best rb in film in dade i saw.

Every week he ha slit up legit teams.

Only reason he is rated low i sbecause the kid transferred during recruiting season/off season.

He was at Coral Reef, then apparently went to Booker T Washington for a short period before heading to South Dade.

Those arent updated offers for him...after his mid season highlights got out all the oos colleges started coming at him. He's better than Zach Moss...and isnt that small...kid is probably above 190pds right now.

Believe me I know (Im apart of SD coaching staff) ... Before the Northwestern game he weighed in at 194 solid. None of these offers are updated and his rating is low because of him transferring. But he's clearly the top dawg of RB's in Dade

Should they really be accepting commitments with a new staff coming in?

Absolutely. When you have a chance to jump on talent you do it. Hamilton may not be highly ranked but he's widely regarded as a top running back in Dade County. No sense in not accepting a commitment and then another school realizing his talent and stealing him right out of UM's back yard.

Fils Aime tape doesn't look better ..

I agree with problem2. It's not right to take commitments just yet unless someone on staff has behind the scenes knowledge, which I doubt. You are putting the new HC in a bad situation. He may not want 6 scholarship RBs next year. He may want to recruit other guys or something. You are going to make him either keep him, or tell him he doesn't want him ruining relationships from the start.

New HC usually come with some momentum and that could lead to having a chance on more talented backs i.e Fils

Advertisement
Should they really be accepting commitments with a new staff coming in?

Absolutely. When you have a chance to jump on talent you do it. Hamilton may not be highly ranked but he's widely regarded as a top running back in Dade County. No sense in not accepting a commitment and then another school realizing his talent and stealing him right out of UM's back yard.

Fils Aime tape doesn't look better ..

I agree with problem2. It's not right to take commitments just yet unless someone on staff has behind the scenes knowledge, which I doubt. You are putting the new HC in a bad situation. He may not want 6 scholarship RBs next year. He may want to recruit other guys or something. You are going to make him either keep him, or tell him he doesn't want him ruining relationships from the start.

New HC usually come with some momentum and that could lead to having a chance on more talented backs i.e Fils

His tape is better than Fils-Aime cant go by stars .. Portis had how many? Not saying he's Portis but...

Scew waiting, we get a good one, we get a good one. If the new coach doesn't like him he can "suggest" his playing time will be limited. Time for the U to get ruthless not more namby pamby.

Advertisement
Say what you want, but two things: 1. DMoney says he's the best back in Dade, automatically makes him a 4* (nough said) 2. I didn't see a single defender gaining ground on him when he broke away. Stop waiting for somebody else to validate what you can see with your own eyes. Sony a good back, but at this point are you enamored with his work at Gawga? The 2 backs we lost to Florida will prove the real loses.

That boys a beast. The fact he is under the radar at least to us is crazy.

Kid is a savage. Elite speed, shifty, strong for his weight, good vision and runs downhill. This is the type of kid that goes to FSU, FLA, ND, etc., and lights it up.

Same **** happened with Bernard, Freeman, Powell, Cook, etc..

It's time to stop the bleeding. The tape does not lie. He is doing this to Dade County teams, not the Sisters of the Poor HS.

Totally agree...

Btw - Rasul is not even in the top 20 RB's in terms of yards for Dade and Broward...

What's up with that...??? 5 yards a carry in HS? Meh.

Advertisement
Back