Nesta...

Advertisement
Also Nesta was bigger as a freshman than Sapp ever was in college. He played most of his UM career in the 285 range. Nesta was 300 in high school

Advertisement
I think Nesta will be fine and will get his shine this season for the DL. I’m just not sold yet that he will be a starter, especially now that the light has turned on for Jon Ford, who’s now becoming the disruptive force we need on the DL to make the rest of the defense great. Silvera should take notes from Ford and what he’s doing to become an integral part of the defense, not always fighting with players at practice. It’s what is learned throughout these practice sessions that translates to who will play come game time and how best to conduct one’s self in the midst of game play. Nesta is going to have to learn controlled aggression works best for being able to be out on the field. I like his effort, make no bones about it. But he’s got to contain it so that when we rotate on the DL at the DT spot that he’s one of the first players in the spell Ford. If we can get little to no drop off at the DT position this year, and can keep it up from a depth perspective, the better off the defense will be as a whole, the harder to score on they become, and the more games we win.

I hear all this talk about Ford.... trying to forget about him getting pancaked by Wisconsin.... hope that game made him realized how much harder he needs to work.....Nesta gotta step up to show us why he was rated the #2 DT recruit in the country....I'm expecting big things...

We had no depth that year...come on now...any DT would have bulldozed in the 4th qt of that game...
Bulldozed??....Nah Man....
#1...arguably the Greatest ind.DL performance in UM History.....
#2...It wasn't so much depth....practically the entire DL (besides Sapp) either didn't play (Riley)...or the others saw limited action if any....even the backups were banged up....If that game were in Oct....we roll them...

Bulldozed??....Nah Man....
#1...arguably the Greatest ind.DL performance in UM History.....
#2...It wasn't so much depth....practically the entire DL (besides Sapp) either didn't play (Riley)...or the others saw limited action if any....even the backups were banged up....If that game were in Oct....we roll them...
I remember our Oline being manhandled and Costa on his back most of the game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just watched that whole dam game.
5 three and outs to end it.

This is the game that made me crazy about picking up first downs. You don't need to score every time, but moving the chains is so important for a defense. Just a couple more minutes of rest goes a long. long way.

Go Canes!

I can't speak to his character or work ethic but he's an animal that we need to make the jump this year to being a strong player. I don't care if that's as a starter or rotational piece but we need him this season to help keep the DL a strength and not become a weakness.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Back