Nayquan Wright

I love when people use a players weight as a freshman. I also love that people forget that when he became a head coach if they couldn’t catch the ball out of the back field and didn’t weigh over 195 out of HS then they weren’t recruited

Don’t throw out this amateur hour BS. I already broke down his RB recruiting 2 years ago when he was first hired and already knew the answer to the question.

All of those RB's were around 200 lbs the day they left FSU. It is a fact he used smaller RB's in his shotgun spread attack at FSU. There was one and only one larger RB during his time at FSU, Greg Jones. He actually lucked into him as Richt recruited him as a FB, but Greg was just too good to not give reps at RB.

The most accurate statement here is to say while at FSU Richt preferred smaller RB's and at Georgia he preferred bigger backs. To zero in on either side of that spectrum and claim that is the right answer is intellectually lazy and inaccurate. The answer is both depending on which offense he ran. We seem to be trending towards running more of a spread now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He ran a power running based offense at Georgia but at FSU he used a shotgun spread attack. Fact is we don't know for sure which direction he is going to go just yet. I'll tell you this, the coaches refer to our offense as a pro-spread. The idea that Richt is going to recruit a bunch of bigger RB's at Miami is kinda far fetched. We have seen zero indication he intends to run a power game at Miami in 2 years. Yet dudes on here are convinced he is doing the same thing at Georgia in terms of the RB position. My opinion is you take stud RB's in whatever shape or size. Take a Travis Homer type kid (200 lbs) or a Deejay (220) if they can play.
Holy **** what a gem!

Absolutely! He’s definitely not going to do the same thing at RB that he did at UGA...even though he’s already recruiting the same way. I also like he goes and say “He’s played a shotgun attack a FSU and a power one at UGA”. Richt played a shotgun attack until DJ Shockley left in 2006...and he was recruited do it all backs with size even back then. Do some research or don’t post at all.

Wright isn’t coming. McIntosh probably isn’t coming either. Move on.

Crowley is coming and is a beast in what is a loaded backfield. 2020 we gonna ****.

Last edited:
Holy **** what a gem!

Absolutely! He’s definitely not going to do the same thing at RB that he did at UGA...even though he’s already recruiting the same way. I also like he goes and say “He’s played a shotgun attack a FSU and a power one at UGA”. Richt played a shotgun attack until DJ Shockley left in 2006...and he was recruited do it all backs with size even back then. Do some research or don’t post at all.

Look at our RB coach. Is he about 200 lbs or is he 220 lb bigger RB? When and where did he play? Oh gee he played 2004-2007 at Georgia. Who recruited him?

And yeah exactly! He ran a shotgun attack using APB that were 200 lbs or below nearly his entire career until he gave up play calling duties. Yet you want to argue he will only take bigger RB's? You made the claim and I proved it incorrect using very decisive data.

Advertisement
You should take a minute and look up the RB's Richt had at FSU from 1993-2000. Hint......none of them are over 200 lbs. Obviously his RB's at Georgia were usually bigger between the tackles guys. He's done it both ways.

Regarding Nayquan, we really don't need any RB's this class. Despite that we've got an emerging star in Crowley. So passing on him for us is perfectly fine. I do however think it might be worth offering him anyway given he simply produces and he's from CC. I'm not upset either way.
He was the OC/QB coach not RB coach.... you don't see TB telling Dugans who he should recruit do you ? Lol same thing

You should take a minute and look up the RB's Richt had at FSU from 1993-2000. Hint......none of them are over 200 lbs. Obviously his RB's at Georgia were usually bigger between the tackles guys. He's done it both ways.

Regarding Nayquan, we really don't need any RB's this class. Despite that we've got an emerging star in Crowley. So passing on him for us is perfectly fine. I do however think it might be worth offering him anyway given he simply produces and he's from CC. I'm not upset either way.
Oh and you should take a minute and look up who we have offered. Hint..... We been offered Nayquan

Homer in a post practice interview said he's a couple pounds under 200.

The kid is around 200 lbs. Weight him after practice and he'll be less than that. After a big dinner he could be 205. It doesn't really matter.

This point is he's a smaller RB.

I heard him say 205 other day , he was 195 last year

Advertisement
"talking to him" can mean a bunch of things. there's a reason he hasn't been on campus in a while and why he got all those gator cbs. that plus the inside info given by Geo and Stefan on here
He was on campus in June.

A Hertigae defense that lost a ton of players to major D1 schools. Heritage is young this season

Heritage is young..but they have 3 div 1 level linebackers..as well as div 1 guys in the secondary. They ain't chop liver

He ran a power running based offense at Georgia but at FSU he used a shotgun spread attack. Fact is we don't know for sure which direction he is going to go just yet. I'll tell you this, the coaches refer to our offense as a pro-spread. The idea that Richt is going to recruit a bunch of bigger RB's at Miami is kinda far fetched. We have seen zero indication he intends to run a power game at Miami in 2 years. Yet dudes on here are convinced he is doing the same thing at Georgia in terms of the RB position. My opinion is you take stud RB's in whatever shape or size. Take a Travis Homer type kid (200 lbs) or a Deejay (220) if they can play.

The right comparison is what he did as HC at UGA, not as OC FSU 25 years ago when his top priority was QB. That's a weak comparison to make, IMO.

He also has stated that being able to impose our will running the football is priority one on offense, that means between the tackles with power. He has said this multiple times.

Me personally, I'd recruit Wright, I think an elite SF RB like him has a high floor; at a minimum, he'll be a solid player from a pipeline schhol. If we've learned nothing else about recruiting down here, it's that these schools have a long memory. Sometimes politically speaking, you have to show more love than you'd want to otherwise because it always comes back to bite us in the ***.

That said, it's pretty clear Richt is going to take big backs 3 to 1, and Cam Davis has that spot now.

Advertisement
He was on campus in June.

I’m cool with taking just one back this cycle and then two next cycle... overall next years class seems to be in-line with 2018 in terms of talent and interest in UM

Chaney (must get) + Bowman or Marks or someone else

IMO the class of 2020 will be better than 2018 from a rating standpoint

The right comparison is what he did as HC at UGA, not as OC FSU 25 years ago when his top priority was QB. That's a weak comparison to make, IMO.

He also has stated that being able to impose our will running the football is priority one on offense, that means between the tackles with power. He has said this multiple times.

Me personally, I'd recruit Wright, I think an elite SF RB like him has a high floor; at a minimum, he'll be a solid player from a pipeline schhol. If nothing we've learned nothing else about recruiting down here, it's that these schools have a long memory. Sometimes politically speaking, you have to show more love than you'd want to otherwise because it always comes back to bite us in the ***.

That said, it's pretty clear Richt is going to take big backs 3 to 1, and Cam Davis has that spot now.

Totally agree ... if nothing else he couldn’t be a dynamite return man for us

Not worried about our RB position. We are stacked this year with great young depth and a beast already committed.

Advertisement

Me personally, I'd recruit Wright, I think an elite SF RB like him has a high floor; at a minimum, he'll be a solid player from a pipeline schhol. If we've learned nothing else about recruiting down here, it's that these schools have a long memory. Sometimes politically speaking, you have to show more love than you'd want to otherwise because it always comes back to bite us in the ***.

I agree with most your post as it's factual based.

This has gotten off track a bit. Guys were in here making the claim that Richt only takes larger RBs. This is false. I have soundly disputed this claim with very clear data.

The type of RB Richt takes depends on the type of offense he is running. This is the most factual statement.

Last edited:
I’m not sold on Kenny as a RB. Nice frame and good athleticism but I think he’s similar to a Charles Perry coming out. Bring him in to play LB or Striker. He flashes nice hands at times and he is fluid but something about him seems pedestrian.

Don’t know enough about Wright so I won’t comment other than he just seems to produce in Dade when the lights come on and I’m a fan of the 5’8 RBs with low center of gravity that run hard. That’s the toughest thing in the world for a LB.

All that being said.., Crowley is the best RB in Florida behind the dude at IMG thats going somewhere SEC. Don’t even know his name. Crowley is everything you want in a RB with room to grow.

Advertisement
Back