Nayquan Wright

From what I was recently told from someone close to him, let’s just say he’s not too happy with Miami and his recruitment. I have a lot of doubts we would be able to get in at this point considering what I heard. They have barely talked to him at all and I was told when he came to visit once, did not receive a lot of love or attention as other prospects do. I think a lot of people know how Pro-Crowley I’ve been even since last year, he’s a stud but I think it’s a mistake that Miami is not at least keeping the door open with Nayquan during all this time, despite having Crowley already. It would be ideal for Miami to continue to create depth and competion, have to stack chips(talent). I don’t expect McIntosh at Miami at least right now, based off what Stefan heard and what I’ve asked around and been told.

I have a feeling that this will come back to haunt us. Only time will tell, but my money is on the kid being a star at the next level.

Advertisement
Nayquan if we're not recruiting him will go somewhere in the sec like I said b4 the season. When the lights go on in pads I got him as the best back in s.fla

Advertisement
They both have the same opponents in the last 2 weeks . Nayquan got off and McIntosh was pedestrian. As a rb I like wright more than McIntosh. I like McIntosh on defense as an Lb. Kid would be a stud as a 6'1 220lb coming into um

From what I was recently told from someone close to him, let’s just say he’s not too happy with Miami and his recruitment. I have a lot of doubts we would be able to get in at this point considering what I heard. They have barely talked to him at all and I was told when he came to visit once, did not receive a lot of love or attention as other prospects do. I think a lot of people know how Pro-Crowley I’ve been even since last year, he’s a stud but I think it’s a mistake that Miami is not at least keeping the door open with Nayquan during all this time, despite having Crowley already. It would be ideal for Miami to continue to create depth and competion, have to stack chips(talent). I don’t expect McIntosh at Miami at least right now, based off what Stefan heard and what I’ve asked around and been

Ya we should definitely have left the door open! I didnt know he was upset i would be too hes gotta understand we thought Mac was all in though.

Advertisement
His talent isn't the question to the staff. It's his size. Richt always has had bigger RB's. And he'll continue to do so

You should take a minute and look up the RB's Richt had at FSU from 1993-2000. Hint......none of them are over 200 lbs. Obviously his RB's at Georgia were usually bigger between the tackles guys. He's done it both ways.

Regarding Nayquan, we really don't need any RB's this class. Despite that we've got an emerging star in Crowley. So passing on him for us is perfectly fine. I do however think it might be worth offering him anyway given he simply produces and he's from CC. I'm not upset either way.

Advertisement
You should take a minute and look up the RB's Richt had at FSU from 1993-2000. Hint......none of them are over 200 lbs. Obviously his RB's at Georgia were usually bigger between the tackles guys. He's done it both ways.

Regarding Nayquan, we really don't need any RB's this class. Despite that we've got an emerging star in Crowley. So passing on him for us is perfectly fine. I do however think it might be worth offering him anyway given he simply produces and he's from CC. I'm not upset either way.
Wrong

Advertisement
The following RB's at FSU were 210 lbs or below, mostly below.

Davy Ford
Travis Minor
Jeff Chaney
Nick Maddox
Dee Feaster
Rock Preston
Vannez Gooch
Warrick Dunn
Tiger McMillon

I love when people use a players weight as a freshman. I also love that people forget that when he became a head coach if they couldn’t catch the ball out of the back field and didn’t weigh over 195 out of HS then they weren’t recruited

Don’t throw out this amateur hour BS. I already broke down his RB recruiting 2 years ago when he was first hired and already knew the answer to the question.

The following RB's at FSU were 210 lbs or below, mostly below.

Davy Ford
Travis Minor
Jeff Chaney
Nick Maddox
Dee Feaster
Rock Preston
Vannez Gooch
Warrick Dunn
Tiger McMillon

FSU in the early 90s to 2000 is relevant because? Football has evolved a ton since then and he was not the final decision maker on who they recruited. They had this guy at HC, kind of a big deal. Look at the backs he recruited at UGA, what was their average playing weight?

FSU in the early 90s to 2000 is relevant because? Football has evolved a ton since then and he was not the final decision maker on who they recruited. They had this guy at HC, kind of a big deal. Look at the backs he recruited at UGA, what was their average playing weight?

He ran a power running based offense at Georgia but at FSU he used a shotgun spread attack. Fact is we don't know for sure which direction he is going to go just yet. I'll tell you this, the coaches refer to our offense as a pro-spread. The idea that Richt is going to recruit a bunch of bigger RB's at Miami is kinda far fetched. We have seen zero indication he intends to run a power game at Miami in 2 years. Yet dudes on here are convinced he is doing the same thing at Georgia in terms of the RB position. My opinion is you take stud RB's in whatever shape or size. Take a Travis Homer type kid (200 lbs) or a Deejay (220) if they can play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back