Nayquan Wright

Advertisement
He ran a power running based offense at Georgia but at FSU he used a shotgun spread attack. Fact is we don't know for sure which direction he is going to go just yet. I'll tell you this, the coaches refer to our offense as a pro-spread. The idea that Richt is going to recruit a bunch of bigger RB's at Miami is kinda far fetched. We have seen zero indication he intends to run a power game at Miami in 2 years. Yet dudes on here are convinced he is doing the same thing at Georgia in terms of the RB position. My opinion is you take stud RB's in whatever shape or size. Take a Travis Homer type kid (200 lbs) or a Deejay (220) if they can play.
When FSU started running the Shotgun option (1993) Richt was only the QB coach...
Brad Scott was OC.....It was Brad Scott who convinced Bowden to get Ward out from playing under center....In 94....They started running a Pro Style with Kanell...Busby...etc...when Richt won the NC in 99 as OC with Wienke...they ran a Pro....

When FSU started running the Shotgun option (1993) Richt was only the QB coach...
Brad Scott was OC.....It was Brad Scott who convinced Bowden to get Ward out from playing under center....In 94....They started running a Pro Style with Kanell...Busby...etc...when Richt won the NC in 99 as OC with Wienke...they ran a Pro....
Shhhhhh! he knows it all don’t ya know.

Advertisement

And he used smaller APB the entire time.

Also go watch the tape and tell me how many times Weinke was under center vs Shotgun 3-4 wide. Richt was wide open nearly all the time, and in no way was it a power run based attack. The offense did change a little after Brad Scott left for South Carolina. It was mostly a 3-4 wide shotgun attack using pro concepts.

Last edited:
Shhhhhh! he knows it all don’t ya know.

I lived there. Watched each and every game. Many in person. So yes, I do know.

Oh and Thomas Brown our RB coach is a smaller APB. You are trying desperately to add 10 pounds to him to support your claim. Claiming he's 210 does not rescue you. You are wrong. Richt will take RB's under 200 lbs. Homer was 193 last season, and go ahead and try to claim he was 205. There's video of Homer saying it himself.

Last edited:
I lived there. Watched each and every game. Many in person. So yes, I do know.

Oh and Thomas Brown our RB coach is a smaller APB. You are trying desperately to add 10 pounds to him to support your claim. Claiming he's 210 does not rescue you. You are wrong. Richt will take RB's under 200 lbs. Homer was 193 last season.
It’s still 1 back compared to 15...even if I’m wrong lulz

Advertisement
It’s still 1 back compared to 15...even if I’m wrong lulz

To recap....

I said correctly that Richt has a long history of APB at FSU. It was a fact which was supported with substantial amount of data. You disagreed. Falsely. Which caused the problem you've been trying to crawl out from all day. You sir were wrong. Period. Just acknowledge it, learn from it.

Secondly, I stated Richt did prefer larger backs while at Georgia. He did however use a few that were APB as well. Including our current RB coach.

Thirdly, it is clear Richt will use either type of RB at times. It mostly depends on the type of attack he is using. At FSU it was 3-4 wide pass heavy attack. At Georgia it was a power based offense.

So again.....what is your point here knowing that you've been shown to be incorrect. You can't just pretend to be right to make yourself happy inside.

I remember when Brad Scott was the new hot , offensive innovator. Then he went to usce and got his crap pushed in.

And he used smaller APB the entire time.

Also go watch the tape and tell me how many times Weinke was under center vs Shotgun 3-4 wide. Richt was wide open nearly all the time, and in no way was it a power run based attack. The offense did change a little after Brad Scott left for South Carolina. It was mostly a 3-4 wide shotgun attack using pro concepts.

There was constant shifting between 21 and 11 packages in the Shotgun, or 21 under center and back without changing personnel. It was very fluid, uptempo, and designed to create leverage. Even the timing of the shift and cadence would change from play to play until he found a weakness to exploit for a TD. It's tough to say it was this or wasn't that, but I remember William Floyd and Zack Crocket in power sets just as much as I remember the shotgun.

It was impossible to stop and beautiful to watch when executed properly, and when defenses would adjust, he'd just shuffle the formation, tempo and cadence without substituting. I'm looking forward to Malik mastering this part of the game and taking this team to a championship level, hopefully by mid season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
tell McIntosh to kick rocks for playing games with OU, take MAR as our 2nd RB and close up shop. Then start focusing on landing two of Chaney, Bowman and Milton. Wright is talented no doubt, but give me MAR and Crowley over him for sure. With the ball in his hands, MAR might be the best in the state of Florida.

I dont think many people would prefer Nayquan over Crowley.
But it’s very difficult for many people who have seen both McIntosh and Quan play to argue against why they would take Quan over Mac.
I’m not a guru at this by far. But I do have friends that talk to a lot of coaches. I’ll compare Quan to Amari Daniels in the sense that we know more about Daniels because there is more 8th grade film on him. (As ridiculous as that sounds) But at the same level Quan was way more impressive than Amari. I guarantee that if here was as much film on Quan as there is on Daniels and if he wouldn’t have been injured we would not be so divided on this topic. As of this point it’s very hard to argue for Quan cause he’s been out. But his senior year will prove some of us wrong or right.
I don’t know enough to argue against sofla coaches that have seen so much talent.
Again I will no way say to take him over Crowley.
But as the 2nd back in this class we should not let him leave.

Here’s a video of someone breaking his film down and comparing him to Duke. Not saying he’s going to be duke. Have to emphasize that before I get the hammer by this board but he makes some good observations.

That’s coach P Rock (Preston Jackson). He was our DB coach at Hillsborough then he started Big County Preps. He knows his ish.

Advertisement
Wright has a 4.63 official, which is more 4.6 than 4.7. Mcintosh ran a 4.87. That is more 4.9 than 4.8. I don't care if he does it at 250. They are not as close as your pedestrian attempt at making it seem in reality. McIntosh is too slow to be a running back at the university of miami. That is getting hawked by some defensive lineman slow. He had better be here as a linebacker and playing at 250, if he is here at all.

See Dan Morgan

I dont get it to me Richt and TB like bigger backs. Gurley, Marshall, Crowell, Michel, Chubb, Linguard will be 220 when he leaves. Dj Dallas is 220! A smaller apb to me is a Dalvin Cook, DeAnyhony Thomas, Mcluster from ole miss, Duke Johnson, the boys at Florida Demps and the other kid those are smaller APB Crowley an Mac are 6 foot 220 power backs! Nayquan is a 5'8 playground legend in Mia smaller frame an tbey dont want him! Homer was already on board when Richt got here!

Advertisement
Back