Nayquan Wright

Miami Hurricanes Football: Analyzing The Offseason Weight Gains/Losses With The Latest Roster Update

Jr. Travis Homer (5-11, 205)
HS Sparq Rating 126.1

Nayquan Wright (5'7.5, 178)
HS Sparq Rating 73.23 (only his sophmore results available)

A 73 is a respectable #as a sophmore. But he's since had several injuries. They are nowhere near the same backs athletically.

Yeah I agree. Homer is a bigger and better athlete. I never said he wasn't so no idea why you are comparing them like it somehow proves me wrong or something.

Advertisement
Yeah I agree. Homer is a bigger and better athlete. I never said he wasn't so no idea why you are comparing them like it somehow proves me wrong or something.

Because you were trying to say Homer was under 200 which is false for one. For two, it's fine to have a RB under 200lb but if they're going to be slight they better be uber athletic. Which Nayquan is not.

I agree with the OP. Nayquan is the way better RB then McCintosh and Crowley.

McCintosh to me is unimpressive. The only reason the guys on here are hyped about him are because hes a higher ranked player. That's it.

He's a big dude who runs a 4.8 and when you watch his tape the dude is dancing around and going east-west.

Notice that one guy in this thread said hes like yearby and yet he wants McCintosh who runs a 4.8 LOL.

Nayquan is a fckin pitbull and runs hard AF. Has great vision and center of gravity and is hard as **** to bring down.

Because you were trying to say Homer was under 200 which is false for one. For two, it's fine to have a RB under 200lb but if they're going to be slight they better be uber athletic. Which Nayquan is not.

No it isn't. Homer literally said it himself. Go check the Canes all access videos if it's so important to you.

On your second point I do agree and said that all the time about Walton/Yearby. You can't be smaller and not fast. I never said I was high on Wright. I am not. It is interesting that he just flat out produces against even the best competition. He's not worthy of the bashing he took by that poster.

Advertisement

McCintosh to me is unimpressive. The only reason the guys on here are hyped about him are because hes a higher ranked player. That's it.

He's a big dude who runs a 4.8 and when you watch his tape the dude is dancing around and going east-west.

Notice that one guy in this thread said hes like yearby and yet he wants McCintosh who runs a 4.8 LOL.

Nayquan is a fckin pitbull and runs hard AF. Has great vision and center of gravity and is hard as **** to bring down.

You obviously didn't comprehend my post about yearby. I said he's similar to Nayquan because they're both B level guys.
High floor low ceiling. You're acting like Nayquan is any faster than 4.7 at 180lbs which he's not. Mcintosh has 25+ lbs on Quan and has nearly identical speed.

Top Performers: The Opening Regional Ohio

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) University Top247 running back Kenny McIntosh has a full bag of traits at the running back position. In cat and mouse, his cutting ability and burst had linebackers grasping at air and the four-star recruit is smooth catching the football. Miami is the heavy 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite, with Oklahoma looking like the biggest challenger as it stands to date.

You obviously didn't comprehend my post about yearby. I said he's similar to Nayquan because they're both B level guys.
High floor low ceiling. You're acting like Nayquan is any faster than 4.7 at 180lbs which he's not. Mcintosh has 25+ lbs on Quan and has nearly identical speed.

Top Performers: The Opening Regional Ohio

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) University Top247 running back Kenny McIntosh has a full bag of traits at the running back position. In cat and mouse, his cutting ability and burst had linebackers grasping at air and the four-star recruit is smooth catching the football. Miami is the heavy 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite, with Oklahoma looking like the biggest challenger as it stands to date.
I think kenny is a cane

If u small u better be fast not high school fast college fast

Advertisement
Jerry Rice never tested fast and yet the only cat I ever saw catch him from behind is the fastest man I ever seen, Hall of Famer, Darrell Green. It’s called FOOTBALL SPEED for a reason. Some cats just run faster when playing in an actual game.

Wright just had an 80-yard TD run tonight against a very fast AH defense full of D-1 prospects. How are any of you gonna say that the kid is slow? SMH

You’ve never seen Kenny play other than his highlights have you?

Jerry Rice never tested fast and yet the only cat I ever saw catch him from behind is the fastest man I ever seen, Hall of Famer, Darrell Green. It’s called FOOTBALL SPEED for a reason. Some cats just run faster when playing in an actual game.

Wright just had an 80-yard TD run tonight against a very fast AH defense full of D-1 prospects. How are any of you gonna say that the kid is slow? SMH

American Heritage currently has only 2 kids ranked 3 stars total for 2019 and 2020 classes on defense. This is not last years defense by a longshot. Busted plays happen all the time in HS.

I don't doubt he'll have a great HS season but it's how you project at the next level that matters. Anyway i don't want to dog the kid he's talented. I just don't ever see him being higher than a 3rd or 4th string RB here. He's just not a Richt and Brown type RB recruit at all. They recruit every down RB's who have the physical traits to excel in every facet of the position. Running/Blocking/Receiving/Special Teams. They don't want to worry about if someone is a liability in pass protection. You can see that by Lingard getting knocked down the depth chart. They benched yearby for the same thing.

Fun facts about Yearby to keep HS performances compared to college performance in perspective.
Yearby was the first underclassman in Dade history to eclipse the 2,000-yard mark with 2,160 yards and 24 touchdowns as a sophomore.
Yearby ran for 5592 yds in HS , a 104 yds shy of a dade county record he would've broke if he didn't break his leg in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
American Heritage currently has only 2 kids ranked 3 stars total for 2019 and 2020 classes on defense. This is not last years defense by a longshot. Busted plays happen all the time in HS.

I don't doubt he'll have a great HS season but it's how you project at the next level that matters. Anyway i don't want to dog the kid he's talented. I just don't ever see him being higher than a 3rd or 4th string RB here. He's just not a Richt and Brown type RB recruit at all. They recruit every down RB's who have the physical traits to excel in every facet of the position. Running/Blocking/Receiving/Special Teams. They don't want to worry about if someone is a liability in pass protection. You can see that by Lingard getting knocked down the depth chart.

You made some valid points. Nayquan is definitely not a big back in the mold of a Gurley or Chubb. But at the end of the day, the kid is a baller. A different kind of back, but lethal in his own way.

That’s the beauty of football, you get all different types of cats with different skill sets and talents that can be lethal in their own special ways.

Certain athletes just have certain intangibles that you can’t measure by metrics. Nayquan is one of these, in my opinion.

Should be interesting to watch. I wonder if Macintosh keeps letting the process play out, will we get back on Wright.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back