National Signing Day

Advertisement
Advertisement
What do we say to the God of Commits?

game-of-thrones-not-today.gif

Advertisement
Honestly it sucks that Cormani pulled his shenanigans. This was the #4 class, a friggin TOP 5 class, and his mother and company pulled that stunt.

I don't care what you say, it put a damper on this class. This was arguably going to be the best set of talent ever signed on paper for a Miami class.

Now I don't necessarily think him not coming is going to effect the 2023 season much as the new OC, TVD, and portal additions will have a much bigger effect on this upcoming season. It was more about optics and overall potential of the class later on.
True but this wasn’t a make or break class. It sets us on the right path forward, but make no mistake about it - the 2024 and 2025 classes will be more important for us because if we can show that we will be a perennial Top 5ish recruiting player, then we’ve got a good shot at the elites.

Even with that piece of **** CB out in the Rockies, our roster for 2023 would still be miles away from UGA, Bama and OSU.

How we do with the class of 2024 will be critical.

True but this wasn’t a make or break class. It sets us on the right path forward, but make no mistake about it - the 2024 and 2025 classes will be more important for us because if we can show that we will be a perennial Top 5ish recruiting player, then we’ve got a good shot at the elites.

Even with that piece of **** CB out in the Rockies, our roster for 2023 would still be miles away from UGA, Bama and OSU.

How we do with the class of 2024 will be critical.
And 2025 and 2026

The term trenches isn't directly synonymous with d lineman but Bain, Wayne, Horton, and Acheampong are still SEC caliber anyways.
I'm aware. The quote you responded to was discussing Defensive Linemen. It was also about who is helping now not in 3 years. As for those guys we have absolutely zero idea if they are "SEC calibar" or not. They've never played a down of college football and a few of them I don't think will see significant time anytime soon anyway.

for all the talk about Cristobal's recruiting at Oregon, Lanning in his 1st year has landed 1 **** of a class up there. no dropoff at all...
Why you gotta throw **** at Mario just to say planning is doing a good job? I don't understand why this fan base has to take shots at our own ALL THE TIME... Since you throw that in should you then also acknowledge how Mario has done all of that and was already known in that capacity BEFORE NIL? People always wanna throw around the bags term etc and I'll simply leave it at Oregon was nowhere near into the bag game like ANY of the reasonably big boys let alone the sec squads or Texas squads.

Advertisement
Why you gotta throw **** at Mario just to say planning is doing a good job? I don't understand why this fan base has to take shots at our own ALL THE TIME... Since you throw that in should you then also acknowledge how Mario has done all of that and was already known in that capacity BEFORE NIL? People always wanna throw around the bags term etc and I'll simply leave it at Oregon was nowhere near into the bag game like ANY of the reasonably big boys let alone the sec squads or Texas squads.
Every single chance with some of these guys....its amazing. Its one thing to discuss issues and changes we'd like to see. But we just go right for downplaying or just dumping on our program. But like I said before, the minute we start winning they will have their camo shorts, swag hats, and be bragging about how they knew we'd be back it was just a matter of time.

Not to mention Mario is the guy who put that program back on the tracks since Helfrich completely derailed it.

That’s a great point @Brooklyndee … way better than any point Mario could make

Advertisement
It's ridiculous. This program was a f*king doormat being walked on for 20 years and Mario is being treated as if it was his fault.

I'm aware. The quote you responded to was discussing Defensive Linemen. It was also about who is helping now not in 3 years. As for those guys we have absolutely zero idea if they are "SEC calibar" or not. They've never played a down of college football and a few of them I don't think will see significant time anytime soon anyway.
I still think most will contribute immediately. If guys like Bain and Wayne weren't SEC caliber them most of the major SEC programs who offered them then all had crappy evals which I find odd.

Advertisement
Back