(MY OPINION) TVD most likely to transfer after the season

As a New Englander I very rarely have information when it comes to Miami but I’ve been told that going into the NC State game TVD was under the impression that next year this will be Garcia’s team.

I was told this by a family friend of the Van Dyke’s so take it for what’s it’s worth. And I haven’t talked to the source since the NC State game so I’m not sure if his good performance changed anything I’m just trying to pass along the information.
This is why we cant have nice things.

Advertisement
Dr Steve Brule Yes GIF

If we're doing it right, our QBs should be so successful that they leave after 3 years to be first round draft picks.

Pair TVD with Kiffin and he'd be a Heisman candidate in 2022. Light it up in 2022 and he can enter the draft, leaving the job open for Garcia in 2023. Problem solved.

As a New Englander I very rarely have information when it comes to Miami but I’ve been told that going into the NC State game TVD was under the impression that next year this will be Garcia’s team.

I was told this by a family friend of the Van Dyke’s so take it for what’s it’s worth. And I haven’t talked to the source since the NC State game so I’m not sure if his good performance changed anything I’m just trying to pass along the information.
I was told by a family friend... k

“TVD who provided Mallory with some inspirational words before the game, was on top of his game in the win, completing 25 of 33 passes for 325 yards and four touchdowns in his fourth start.”

“It’s awesome to see him have that performance and it’s not a surprise to me to see that because he’s come in and been a stud since day one,” Mallory said. “To see him do that made me so happy just because he’s earned that. He’s such a hard-worker and such a good guy and he really puts in the time. We really rally around him and he’s done such a great job so I can’t wait to see what the future holds for him.”

Get your a&$ out of here with this bs, I heard from a friend of yours that you like ••••

Advertisement
If we're doing it right, our QBs should be so successful that they leave after 3 years to be first round draft picks.

Pair TVD with Kiffin and he'd be a Heisman candidate in 2022. Light it up in 2022 and he can enter the draft, leaving the job open for Garcia in 2023. Problem solved.
or the pirate....not happening I know but...

No issue with it at all...

Any player that doesn’t wanna play here for whatever reason is doing us a favor by leaving.

I still believe we need to hit the Portal for a QB anyway regardless of what he or Garcia does 🤷🏽‍♂️

Didn't agree with you, but I changed my mind.

the reason I think the portal is necessary for a QB next year has nothing to do with the lack of talent in the QB room. I'm not sold on Jaccuri, but it's not fair (and frankly stupid) to either crown or write off a player that hasn't even graduated from high school yet.

I think that if TVD keeps improving (and stays healthy), he separates himself from Garcia and is the starter next year. the snaps he's taking in real games (with results on the line), is just too valuable to discount, and makes the hurdle for Garcia really tough to climb, all things being equal.

no, the reason I agree with you is that I'm a big believer in stacking years at the QB spot, and next year, having all 4 Qb's in the room being freshmen and sophomores with no experience (with the exception of TVD) is not good. We need to plug in an experienced upperclassman to both fill in the gap and keep pushing the young guys.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was told by a family friend... k

“TVD who provided Mallory with some inspirational words before the game, was on top of his game in the win, completing 25 of 33 passes for 325 yards and four touchdowns in his fourth start.”

“It’s awesome to see him have that performance and it’s not a surprise to me to see that because he’s come in and been a stud since day one,” Mallory said. “To see him do that made me so happy just because he’s earned that. He’s such a hard-worker and such a good guy and he really puts in the time. We really rally around him and he’s done such a great job so I can’t wait to see what the future holds for him.”

Get your a&$ out of here with this bs, I heard from a friend of yours that you like ••••
Sounds like he’s done. Per Mallory. Future holds talk. Kiss of death

Yeah, word is he wants to be closer to home, so a family member has reached out to the staff at Yale. May just be a question of academics and admission standards. Still needs to play out.

He doesn't strike me as the type of character to run away from competition.

The only way a transfer makes sense is:
a) he's seen Garcia practice and knows that he's going to win back-to-back Heisman Trophies when he's healthy
b) he's chasing after a particular girl and she doesn't live in Miami

Advertisement
He doesn't strike me as the type of character to run away from competition.

The only way a transfer makes sense is:
a) he's seen Garcia practice and knows that he's going to win back-to-back Heisman Trophies when he's healthy
b) he's chasing after a particular girl and she doesn't live in Miami
If he’s putting up numbers like he did vs nc st the rest of season he’s not going anywhere.

Advertisement
osu got like 2 4 stars n 1 5 star behind qb stroud!! still there!!
I went back to 2017, their QB that class, high 4* Tate Martell, obviously we know what happened.

'18 they signed a fringe 4* Matthew Baldwin out of texas #331 overall recruit. he transferred to TCU

'19 three transfers, Jagger LaRoe and Gunnar Hoak, Jagger was not ranked, Gunnar 3 star guy and Justin Fields, we know what happened with fields

'20 they got Stroud top 50 guy and Jack Miller, fringe 4* 334 overall recruit

'21 they got Ewers who is supposed to be that dude and another boss in Kyle McCord. You may see a Lawrence type situation with my above post with Clemson. If Ewers comes in and wins the job next year, I bet Stroud bolts first chance he gets, Miller too, OSU already has articles up that McCord is most likely to transfer.

I get the point you are trying to make but that is still too young to say these guys are sitting the next 4 years. McCord and Ewers both 5* guys who are TF this year and Ewers reclassified and was late AF to enroll, neither are transferring this year, next year is when you will see the attrition depending on who wins in fall camp.

Advertisement
Back