(MY OPINION) TVD most likely to transfer after the season

Advertisement
Best case scenario is TVD plays himself into draft consideration. Garcia could stay if TVD looks like a 3 and out guy.

Not saying he's anywhere near that level yet, but if he finishes strong and starts getting talked about, Garcia could stay a backup for one year.
Garcia took take medical redshirt maybe, or no.

Either way, we'll have TVD for at minimum one more year, hopefully two. Than it's Garcia's team. Hope they both stay.

As a New Englander I very rarely have information when it comes to Miami but I’ve been told that going into the NC State game TVD was under the impression that next year this will be Garcia’s team.

I was told this by a family friend of the Van Dyke’s so take it for what’s it’s worth. And I haven’t talked to the source since the NC State game so I’m not sure if his good performance changed anything I’m just trying to pass along the information.
Another fake insider

Here is how it is going to play out. Garcia won't play in more than 4 games this year, insuring he gets a redshirt. TVD starts here until he leaves. Garcia gets a full couple of years as a starter. Garcia should stay and learn until he gets his shot.

Unless TVD crashes and burns, or gets hurt, it's his job. I have seen nothing from him that makes me want Garcia in there.
The slow starts were concerning. I know that has improved. Maybe the play calling and being told to let loose has calmed him down.

But Garcia to me is a better runner and from what I have seen has a better feel for the rpo. Also has a nice deep ball and is accurate.

I am warming up to TVD but he was recruited for a different system. Garcia is Lashlee's guy.

The slow starts were concerning. I know that has improved. Maybe the play calling and being told to let loose has calmed him down.

But Garcia to me is a better runner and from what I have seen has a better feel for the rpo. Also has a nice deep ball and is accurate.

I am warming up to TVD but he was recruited for a different system. Garcia is Lashlee's guy.
Slow starts are not just a problem for TVD. It seems every QB we've had the last several years started slow. I think it has been more of a system failure than just TVD. Heck, just look at our bowl game last year. Even this season against Alabama, App State... TVD didn't start those games, but we struggled horribly. Scoring early has not been our MO, unless we get a 6 yard field.

That being said, I think the team is waking up. I think Diaz is starting to realize the importance of coming out taking chances, not playing it too conservative and letting the team fall behind, big in some cases. He had too much faith in his D and it cost us big time. It's not all on Lashlee, King, or TVD. I went back and checked SMU's numbers under Lashlee and they were a hot starting team. Meanwhile, Miami has been sluggish, often falling behind and having to dig out of a hole.

Just checked the numbers. Outside of the 6 yard drive against App State, we had no TDs in the first quarter with King at QB since the Duke game last year. Not saying King was the problem, but rather we go stupid conservative early. Sometimes the teams we play are just so bad we still score, like Duke was. Anyone with a pulse and we're in trouble.

Advertisement
Slow starts are not just a problem for TVD. It seems every QB we've had the last several years started slow. I think it has been more of a system failure than just TVD. Heck, just look at our bowl game last year. Even this season against Alabama, App State... TVD didn't start those games, but we struggled horribly. Scoring early has not been our MO, unless we get a 6 yard field.

That being said, I think the team is waking up. I think Diaz is starting to realize the importance of coming out taking chances, not playing it too conservative and letting the team fall behind, big in some cases. He had too much faith in his D and it cost us big time. It's not all on Lashlee, King, or TVD. I went back and checked SMU's numbers under Lashlee and they were a hot starting team. Meanwhile, Miami has been sluggish, often falling behind and having to dig out of a hole.

Just checked the numbers. Outside of the 6 yard drive against App State, we had no TDs in the first quarter with King at QB since the Duke game last year. Not saying King was the problem, but rather we go stupid conservative early. Sometimes the teams we play are just so bad we still score, like Duke was. Anyone with a pulse and we're in trouble.
We spend the first quarter trying to establish the run behind a line that can't establish the run.

Of course, Lashlee may soon be gone (one way or another).

We spend the first quarter trying to establish the run behind a line that can't establish the run.
Did I just read that 11 of our first 12 plays against NC State were passes? I missed the start of the game. If that's true, it's a step in the right direction. You're right, though. We have been coming out running far too often, against teams that had zero respect for our deep game. That simply can not end well. It's hard to run against teams that can stack the box and dare you to beat them deep.

Did I just read that 11 of our first 12 plays against NC State were passes? I missed the start of the game. If that's true, it's a step in the right direction. You're right, though. We have been coming out running far too often, against teams that had zero respect for our deep game. That simply can not end well. It's hard to run against teams that can stack the box and dare you to beat them deep.
yes. And he made deep attempts on at least two of those..

Advertisement
As a New Englander I very rarely have information when it comes to Miami but I’ve been told that going into the NC State game TVD was under the impression that next year this will be Garcia’s team.

I was told this by a family friend of the Van Dyke’s so take it for what’s it’s worth. And I haven’t talked to the source since the NC State game so I’m not sure if his good performance changed anything I’m just trying to pass along the information.
This would likely change absent the talentless lisper.

Maybe Manny switched from tuna on toast to chicken salad on rye.

It’s not the OL as much as type of running game we’re asking them to execute. We expose an already weak area by asking them to hold tougher blocks, longer.

Advertisement
Or knew his job was on the line and had to do something drastic.
George : It's not working, Jerry. It's just not working.

Jerry : What is it that isn't working?

George : Why did it all turn out like this for me? I had so much promise. I was personable, I was bright. Oh, maybe not academically speaking, but ... I was perceptive. I always know when someone's uncomfortable at a party. It became very clear to me sitting out there today, that every decision I've ever made, in my entire life, has been wrong. My life is the opposite of everything I want it to be. Every instinct I have, in every of life, be it something to wear, something to eat ... It's all been wrong.

( A waitress comes up to George )

Waitress : Tuna on toast, coleslaw, cup of coffee.

George : Yeah. No, no, no, wait a minute, I always have tuna on toast. Nothing's ever worked out for me with tuna on toast. I want the complete opposite of tuna on toast. Chicken salad, on rye, untoasted ... and a cup of tea.

Another example of why this is the absolute worse fanbase in all of sports
Are you even familiar or close to another fan base? How the **** do you know what is considered a good or bad fan base? YOU(yes you) are the worse whutever you are in sports. This is a forum for all opinions and analysis to be shared. Take your lame *** to sleep or go take a long walk and stop getting worked up over someone else's opinions...Dayummm

Advertisement

I think the air raid we had against NCSt is better suited to TVD. Have him make the hot read while we spread the defense out and let her rip. Use Knighton on screens and wheel routes to get him in space. Bring in Brown or Franklin for the tough yards inside. And for God's sake more Arroyo please.

Advertisement
Back