My Jarren hype thread

Interesting comparisons on here.

Tyrod Taylor—This one doesn’t excite me at all. Based on reports, Williams should be a much better passer than Taylor.

Dark Prescott—I don’t really get this one. Day is basically Tebow with better passing mechanics. I don’t think that’s who Williams is.

Tahj Boyd—This one is interesting. But reports indicate that Williams is probably faster and more mobile than Boyd was. You could win a lot of games with a guy like that.

Donovan McNabb—If there is even a shred of reality to this one, then we have a lot to look forward to over the next couple of seasons.

Of course, this is all speculation. We won’t have any idea about who Jarren really compares to until we see him doing it live under fire. We’ll find out pretty soon.

Agree with the last part for sure

Advertisement
A few months ago, I mentioned one play in the spring game that made Jarren stand out to me. He kept his eyes downfield, sensed pressure, made a very subtle non-panicky move to avoid the pressure, then delivered a strike.

The ability to feel the rush and make subtle quick moves to avoid it without panicking and looking at the pass rush or immediately tucking and running is EVERYTHING. That’s real high-level QBing to me.

That’s the stuff people don’t talk about. All they talk about is speed and shuttle time, and that’s fine on designed runs, but if you look at the history of football at the pro and college level, some of the fastest QBs are also the most sacked QBs. Look it up. You’ll be shocked.

Avoiding sacks isn’t necessarily about shuttle and 40 and all that testing ****; it’s about sensing pressure, moving subtly but quickly, keeping your eyes downfield, processing info quickly, and getting the ball out quickly. From the little I’ve seen of him, Jarren looks very natural in the throw game. I’m super excited to see what he can do.

He’s got all the tools. Now, we just need to see if he has that last major thing that separates the top guys from the rest—the ability to get it done in the clutch. If he can be clutch, then there’s no stopping us.

Great stuff...so true.

Now let's throw in a much improved OL...then I'm a believer.

UM

Advertisement
If he’s anything like D McNabb, we’re winning multiple championships under his watch, I don’t think ppl remember just how good D Mac was. I know he torched us; but ppl remember the TO situation & him sick in the SB, and forget how prolific D Mac was. I pray Williams has even a little resemblance to his career!

Actually, even though I hated him when he smoked us (I think in 98..same year as UCLA #1 game/Edgerrin Bowl in Miami) he’s a really nice guy in person.

I was with a large group in a restaurant in the Phoenix/Scottsdale (Super Bowl week about 10 years ago) area and we casually talked for a couple of minutes. Super chill, nice guy.

Advertisement
A few months ago, I mentioned one play in the spring game that made Jarren stand out to me. He kept his eyes downfield, sensed pressure, made a very subtle non-panicky move to avoid the pressure, then delivered a strike.

The ability to feel the rush and make subtle quick moves to avoid it without panicking and looking at the pass rush or immediately tucking and running is EVERYTHING. That’s real high-level QBing to me.

That’s the stuff people don’t talk about. All they talk about is speed and shuttle time, and that’s fine on designed runs, but if you look at the history of football at the pro and college level, some of the fastest QBs are also the most sacked QBs. Look it up. You’ll be shocked.

Avoiding sacks isn’t necessarily about shuttle and 40 and all that testing ****; it’s about sensing pressure, moving subtly but quickly, keeping your eyes downfield, processing info quickly, and getting the ball out quickly. From the little I’ve seen of him, Jarren looks very natural in the throw game. I’m super excited to see what he can do.

He’s got all the tools. Now, we just need to see if he has that last major thing that separates the top guys from the rest—the ability to get it done in the clutch. If he can be clutch, then there’s no stopping us.

Let's give coach Rickety and son some credit for recognizing Jarren's talents to be able to snatch him away from some good competition and also keeping him here:

Though a case could be made that Mark Richt should have given Williams playing time late in the season and during the bowl game, credit Richt for landing Williams in recruiting. Miami’s competition was stiff; Ohio State was Williams’ other finalist, and Alabama, Georgia and FSU were among his other offers. At one time, Williams was committed to Kentucky.

“Coach Mark Richt and Coach Jon Richt convinced Jarren to stay,” Anthony Williams told the website. “They convinced him to stay by laying out a path he’ll have an opportunity to compete and play in the 2019 season.”

Ok, nobody laugh here.

Matt Ryan.

Slightly different body types (Ryan has a somewhat more slender build, but is durable) but somewhat similar in how I project he’ll use the pocket AND the rollout. While Ryan doesn’t have great foot speed he’s athletic and very good rolling out and throwing.

I want to see that this year...rollouts and throws.

Don’t @ me.

If he’s anything like D McNabb, we’re winning multiple championships under his watch, I don’t think ppl remember just how good D Mac was. I know he torched us; but ppl remember the TO situation & him sick in the SB, and forget how prolific D Mac was. I pray Williams has even a little resemblance to his career!
D Mac had less to work with then J Will will have this season. Williams just need a little time to deliver to his playmakers and we are on our way to some really good things.

Advertisement
3B0924E5-96FE-40A6-820F-837A682537FF.gif

I hope he stays for Bama. Would be reaaaaal nice to go into that game with a talented *and* experienced QB under center.

Advertisement
D Mac had less to work with then J Will will have this season. Williams just need a little time to deliver to his playmakers and we are on our way to some really good things.

Facts, bro. I'm really excited about this season. We were handcuffed last year. Every year, I go through the tortuous regimen of re-watching our games prior to the new season. Our offense failed our defense beyond imagination. I mean, it was so frustrating to watch. If Enos can get our offense in to the 21st century, w/ this defense, there's no doubt in my mind we win 10 games easy. My only concern is UVA just b/c I think Bronco is a helluva coach and while his team is not as talented, they play hard for him and that's his m.o.

We beat UF and all bets are off.

Actually, even though I hated him when he smoked us (I think in 98..same year as UCLA #1 game/Edgerrin Bowl in Miami) he’s a really nice guy in person.

I was with a large group in a restaurant in the Phoenix/Scottsdale (Super Bowl week about 10 years ago) area and we casually talked for a couple of minutes. Super chill, nice guy.

I've heard that from multiple ppl who have encountered him.

Rewatched jarren in the spring game. watching him take that safety wasn’t very assuring and took some sacks from holding on the ball too long. Once he got his feet wet he started playing well. Hopefully our line can hold up and Enos can get him feeling comfortable early in games. Definitely tired of seeing a stale 3 and out offense every first qtr.
Just a small criticism if we’re talking ball.
Cane shades back on now. Let’s Roll

You also have to remember thats the first time in a game situation that offense has been run. and against a legit top 10 defense so he can have some slack from that game

I've heard that from multiple ppl who have encountered him.

Some people are nice like that.

You know who else?

Willis McGahee. Happiest man on earth. Always a smile his face. Super nice to the fans. I can never say enough nice things about him, I mean I don’t know anything about him or his personal life, but I’ve seen him around enough and stuff and interacted with him and he is literally just a really nice guy

Advertisement
Back