My Jarren hype thread

Advertisement
I agree. Dan Marino was not the fastest guy on the field but could avoid pressure with good footwork and excellent vision.

In fighting, the key thing to not getting hit is the punch barely grazing you, so you're not out of position.

Marino's had some fairly good OL's. In addition to that, he very well could've had the fastest release of any QB ever. Ball at his side, nobody I know could bring it up and release as fast as he did with as much velocity and accuracy. If he had the ball up, good luck getting to him if he saw you coming.

Yes, he moved in the pocket well, but release and processing information at a very fast pace was better than his footwork in regards to escapability. I see no comparison here, Marino and vision (typically said when it comes to moving with the ball) aren't what I remember him for.

Anyhow, carry on. Perhaps it was just meant different than you phrased it.

I felt good about Jarren's chances of taking the job this year as soon as we hired Enos. His having 4 years to play & grow with our talent at the skill positions is gonna pay off huge. With him behind center, Brevin & Will are gonna torch defenses for years to come and I expect will be centerpieces of the offense. Considering Jarren's inexperience, this wasn't the safe play by Enos & Diaz, but I'm confident it'll prove to be the right one. I think Jarren comes out strong vs UF & doesn't look back. We have a lot to look forward to...this is a game-changer.

Advertisement
i'm hoping we see something like what dwayne haskins was for ohio state: super high percentage passer, allowed their skill guys to run after their catch, didn't turn the ball over, mostly worked short and intermediate areas but accuracy carried over to deep throws as well. also could make plays with his legs, and jarren is prob a better athlete... haskins finished 3rd in heisman voting last year.

with all this, if he has a good internal clock and understand when he has to get rid of the ball( which will be key with this Oline early on), Miami will really have something

And with Enos dialing them up....

I think Enos will be patient and ease him into a rhythm with quick reads and easy throws.

Use six or seven to block the playaction and keep him upright until the tackles are ready.

The way Enos uses his qbs helps them. I think he knows exactly how to build Jarren’s confidence.

As long as he doesn’t lose his nerve in the moment, I think Jarren is 2nd team all acc this year.

He will lead us to our first conference title.

Clemson thought Syracuse had the stick. Miami has competent coaching on BOTH sides of the ball now. They ain’t seen nothing yet.

Advertisement
If our tackles are just average.. Jarrens gonna eat against ACC competition

The way Enos calls games, they could be a little below average and we can still score points. They just can’t be terrible with the bull fighter blocking.

I keep going back to that Alabama game from 2015 or 16. They completely lost the line of scrimmage ALL game long.

Arky still put up 30 and tons of yards on a top 3 defense.

We are in good hands.

I think Enos will be patient and ease him into a rhythm with quick reads and easy throws.

Use six or seven to block the playaction and keep him upright until the tackles are ready.

The way Enos uses his qbs helps them. I think he knows exactly how to build Jarren’s confidence.

As long as he doesn’t lose his nerve in the moment, I think Jarren is 2nd team all acc this year.

He will lead us to our first conference title.

Clemson thought Syracuse had the stick. Miami has competent coaching on BOTH sides of the ball now. They ain’t seen nothing yet.

Watching Enos' offense he really like the quick toss as a base of his running game and also fast tempo downhill runs, not a lot of slow developing stuff, and that is done from under center. And to me, that's a huge edge Jarren had in winning this job, his ability to do this and therefore, give Enos the opportunity to run play-action stuff of all this

I can see a lot of screens(and Enos has a nice package of them) and bootlegs and waggles that can give Jarren easy reads and the option to run

Im with you, there is absolutely a way to ease Jarren into things while not being completely conservative. Just get the ball into our playmakers hands and let them do the heavy lifting early on

I remember the play you mention as it caught my eye as well. I believe the ref whistled it dead and Enos was ****ed that he didn't let the play develop.

Even though his numbers were not the best, he made the best throws that day.

Advertisement
A few months ago, I mentioned one play in the spring game that made Jarren stand out to me. He kept his eyes downfield, sensed pressure, made a very subtle non-panicky move to avoid the pressure, then delivered a strike.

The ability to feel the rush and make subtle quick moves to avoid it without panicking and looking at the pass rush or immediately tucking and running is EVERYTHING. That’s real high-level QBing to me.

That’s the stuff people don’t talk about. All they talk about is speed and shuttle time, and that’s fine on designed runs, but if you look at the history of football at the pro and college level, some of the fastest QBs are also the most sacked QBs. Look it up. You’ll be shocked.

Avoiding sacks isn’t necessarily about shuttle and 40 and all that testing ****; it’s about sensing pressure, moving subtly but quickly, keeping your eyes downfield, processing info quickly, and getting the ball out quickly. From the little I’ve seen of him, Jarren looks very natural in the throw game. I’m super excited to see what he can do.

He’s got all the tools. Now, we just need to see if he has that last major thing that separates the top guys from the rest—the ability to get it done in the clutch. If he can be clutch, then there’s no stopping us.
If people don’t agree with this they need to be reminded of some of the best of the business in the NFL. Tom Brady is no scooter but happens to be the best to date in his profession.

Danny Boy was no scrambler but was one of the more feared QBs to play the game.

Peyton Manning was no mover or shaker but was one of the best at standing in the pocket letting the play develop and won NFL Championships.

Enos want a QB that will stand in the pocket let the play develop and deliver to your playmakers. It’s hard to call plays when you don’t know how your QB will react. It’s hard for your playmakers to depend on you to go with the timing of their route when plays are called. It makes everyone kind of start to do your own thing just to get open.

I hope J Will continues to develop because this could be a special year if we pull the Florida game out.

Yea, looks somewhat like a young Donovan McNabb

If he’s anything like D McNabb, we’re winning multiple championships under his watch, I don’t think ppl remember just how good D Mac was. I know he torched us; but ppl remember the TO situation & him sick in the SB, and forget how prolific D Mac was. I pray Williams has even a little resemblance to his career!

Advertisement
Really satisfying to see Jarren finally named the starter at the “U”. In fact am going to say told y’all so back over a year ago when a prominent poster said he was transferring and I argued he was not and would eventually win job.
Having watched him play ball here in Gwinnett and him surviving that screwed up mess last year just looking forward to him and team kicking some gator ****.

Too early to tell gotta see him develop on the field before I can throw out a comparison

Advertisement
Back