My Jarren hype thread

Advertisement
Watching his HS tape, the kid's a much better runner than I thought. I'm excited to see what he can do for us.
I was Saying that and he’s only gotten faster since being at Miami. He’s definitely a good runner and can pick up yards in a hurry

Last edited:
This was Kyle Wright's biggest downfall, IMO. Obviously had every physical trait in the world, but he was absolutely unable to "feel" a rush. He continually took his eyes off the field and focused on the rush, and as a QB, if you do that, you're dead.

Hopefully Jarren has this ability, because it cannot be taught. You either have it or you don't. And it's imperative to being a high-level quarterback.

Chise he did something like that his first series 3 weeks on campus last year. Stepped up in a porous pocket and delivered the perfect ball to Polendy up the left sideline

You cant teach that.

well im finally ready to reveal the real reason he won the job. it was this exchange at the atlanta airport last month that inspired him to find the strength and competitive edge needed to win the job. props to that mystery person, the real hero

CxA9B2H.jpg

Advertisement
I agree. Dan Marino was not the fastest guy on the field but could avoid pressure with good footwork and excellent vision.

In fighting, the key thing to not getting hit is the punch barely grazing you, so you're not out of position.
Man, Marino could bounce 3 inches and make guys miss by a yard. It was one of the most unique skills I have ever seen from the position.

Interesting comparisons on here.

Tyrod Taylor—This one doesn’t excite me at all. Based on reports, Williams should be a much better passer than Taylor.

Dark Prescott—I don’t really get this one. Day is basically Tebow with better passing mechanics. I don’t think that’s who Williams is.

Tahj Boyd—This one is interesting. But reports indicate that Williams is probably faster and more mobile than Boyd was. You could win a lot of games with a guy like that.

Donovan McNabb—If there is even a shred of reality to this one, then we have a lot to look forward to over the next couple of seasons.

Of course, this is all speculation. We won’t have any idea about who Jarren really compares to until we see him doing it live under fire. We’ll find out pretty soon.

Tyrod Taylor—This one doesn’t excite me at all. Based on reports, Williams should be a much better passer than Taylor.

Dark Prescott—I don’t really get this one. Day is basically Tebow with better passing mechanics. I don’t think that’s who Williams is.

Tahj Boyd—This one is interesting. But reports indicate that Williams is probably faster and more mobile than Boyd was. You could win a lot of games with a guy like that.

Donovan McNabb—If there is even a shred of reality to this one, then we have a lot to look forward to over the next couple of seasons.

Of course, this is all speculation. We won’t have any idea about who Jarren really compares to until we see him doing it live under fire. We’ll find out pretty soon.

4 black dudes. Shocking.

This was Kyle Wright's biggest downfall, IMO. Obviously had every physical trait in the world, but he was absolutely unable to "feel" a rush. He continually took his eyes off the field and focused on the rush, and as a QB, if you do that, you're dead.

Hopefully Jarren has this ability, because it cannot be taught. You either have it or you don't. And it's imperative to being a high-level quarterback.
Not saying he woulda been great but dude got pummeled his first start to the the tune of something ridiculous like 9 sacks at Doak..

Not the best way to break in your qb, dude was seeing ghost the rest of his career. Hopefully we dont put Jarren in similar position with a true freshman watching his backside.

Advertisement
i mean if we're gonna go with the black QB narrative, i'd go more with dante culpepper. bigger guy with a good pocket presence and a strong arm who can move if he has to but primarily a pocket passer

I watched Daunte at UCF (yes, I'm old), he was much bigger than Jarren with a bigger arm. Not saying Jarren doesn't have the arm necessary to win at this level, he does, but Daunte was a legit specimen.

I'm excited about Jarren, but let's pump the brakes here. Daunte was a legit 240+ even early in college and ran in the low 4.5's at the combine with a Howitzer for an arm. Jarren is a nice athlete, for sure. Probably better than people on here realize, and he's going to prove it this year. But Daunte was a generational athlete. Believe he used to scare a 40 inch vert too, which at that size is just silly. That dude was SPECIAL.

Advertisement

Dead @ Dark Prescott

I watched Daunte at UCF (yes, I'm old), he was much bigger than Jarren with a bigger arm. Not saying Jarren doesn't have the arm necessary to win at this level, he does, but Daunte was a legit specimen.

I'm excited about Jarren, but let's pump the brakes here. Daunte was a legit 240+ even early in college and ran in the low 4.5's at the combine with a Howitzer for an arm. Jarren is a nice athlete, for sure. Probably better than people on here realize, and he's going to prove it this year. But Daunte was a generational athlete. Believe he used to scare a 40 inch vert too, which at that size is just silly. That dude was SPECIAL.

lol ok, i didn't mean to say he was the exact same size. just the style of QB. daunte could move if he needed to, but he was a pocket passer first

lol ok, i didn't mean to say he was the exact same size. just the style of QB. daunte could move if he needed to, but he was a pocket passer first

Yeah, I think their playing styles may be similar. At least, that's how Jarren says he wants to play. A pass first pocket passer who beats you with his arm first but has the ability to beat you with his legs.

To be fair, this is the ideal blueprint of probably every QB on earth these days, though.

Advertisement
Yeah, I think their playing styles may be similar. At least, that's how Jarren says he wants to play. A pass first pocket passer who beats you with his arm first but has the ability to beat you with his legs.

To be fair, this is the ideal blueprint of probably every QB on earth these days, though.

right but based on skill set OC's may design more rollouts, bootlegs etc.

in any case, not important. as someone else said hopefully kids will compare themselves to jarren williams in years to come

I always Thought he looked like a Deshaun Watson a little with his ability to throw on the run and just how he operates. I can also see the Donovan mcnabb comparison as well

i mean if we're gonna go with the black QB narrative, i'd go more with dante culpepper. bigger guy with a good pocket presence and a strong arm who can move if he has to but primarily a pocket passer
Steve McNair, maybe? Would fit the narrative here.

Has anybody mentioned Teddy Bridgewater yet? He looked fantastic against us in that 2013 bowl game.

Advertisement
Back