My Jarren hype thread

Advertisement
Facts, bro. I'm really excited about this season. We were handcuffed last year. Every year, I go through the tortuous regimen of re-watching our games prior to the new season. Our offense failed our defense beyond imagination. I mean, it was so frustrating to watch. If Enos can get our offense in to the 21st century, w/ this defense, there's no doubt in my mind we win 10 games easy. My only concern is UVA just b/c I think Bronco is a helluva coach and while his team is not as talented, they play hard for him and that's his m.o.

We beat UF and all bets are off.
Holy ****, if I had to re-watch all of the Cane games from last year again I would need to be on a suicide watch....

This was Kyle Wright's biggest downfall, IMO. Obviously had every physical trait in the world, but he was absolutely unable to "feel" a rush. He continually took his eyes off the field and focused on the rush, and as a QB, if you do that, you're dead.

Hopefully Jarren has this ability, because it cannot be taught. You either have it or you don't. And it's imperative to being a high-level quarterback.
Exactly! It’s the biggest thing that separates out the gym shorts camp warriors from the guys who get it done in games.

You can be the biggest fastest strongest armed guy in town. But if you can’t process info quickly under incredible duress while moving around and keeping your eyes off the rush you will never be great.

Remember Perry last year? You’d always see his eyes dip and then the panic would set in and he’d take off running.

It is crazy...Dak has 48 regular season starts & 3 playoff starts in the NFL...Jarren has 0 career starts in college...before Cooper showed up who were Dak's weapons beside Zeke?

Dez Bryant Jason Witten Cole beasley

Advertisement
Holy ****, if I had to re-watch all of the Cane games from last year again I would need to be on a suicide watch....

Bruh....lol. I had to take three sleeping pills to dull the pain. Absolutely brutal man. I try to watch it as a casual fan that loves CFB, and it was putrid to watch. I didn't really appreciate how god-awful this offense was until I re-watched these games. I mean, no motion, no....never mind, you all know what happened.

Bruh....lol. I had to take three sleeping pills to dull the pain. Absolutely brutal man. I try to watch it as a casual fan that loves CFB, and it was putrid to watch. I didn't really appreciate how god-awful this offense was until I re-watched these games. I mean, no motion, no....never mind, you all know what happened.
I can’t do it. Literally, I quit watching the Canes after the Duke game. Don’t need all that frustration in my life lol...

Some people are nice like that.

You know who else?

Willis McGahee. Happiest man on earth. Always a smile his face. Super nice to the fans. I can never say enough nice things about him, I mean I don’t know anything about him or his personal life, but I’ve seen him around enough and stuff and interacted with him and he is literally just a really nice guy

Willis is frat, and I've chopped it up w/ him several times. Willis' only problem be dem womens. lol. Other than that, dude is super cool and down to earth.

Advertisement
This was Kyle Wright's biggest downfall, IMO. Obviously had every physical trait in the world, but he was absolutely unable to "feel" a rush. He continually took his eyes off the field and focused on the rush, and as a QB, if you do that, you're dead.

Hopefully Jarren has this ability, because it cannot be taught. You either have it or you don't. And it's imperative to being a high-level quarterback.

Do you think Kyle downfall was also caused by poor OL and play calling?

Do you think Kyle downfall was also caused by poor OL and play calling?

Yes, and having I believe 4 OC’s in 4 years didn’t help. Just to me, when I evaluate the position, there are 2 things that I look for first and foremost. And they’re nothing to do with coaching. The first is accuracy. I don’t care how strong your arm is, how big and fast you are....can you put the ball where you want it consistently. And 2nd is pocket presence, which essentially means do you feel the rush or do you see the rush? The great QBs feel it in a manner that’s almost breathtaking. A subtle move left/right, a half step up into the pocket, a slow roll away from pressure...all without taking your eyes away from the receivers and coverage down the field. Right away, this aspect scared the **** out of me with Wright. As soon as any defender flashed at all, it was pure panic mode with him. He either went into a shell or looked to run. Rosier was very similar that way as well....almost never looked to throw after he had to come off his initial set. If there was any movement in the pocket, he was sacked or he was running. That’s not the mark of an elite QB.

But back to wright, was he shellshocked early in his career due to bad protection? Did he suffer from poor coaching. Possibly, maybe even probably on both accounts. But he didn’t help himself much. He just didn’t have that natural feel for the position that the great ones do. Watch Aaron Rodgers sometime, but don’t look at the routes and don’t look at his throws. Look at his feet and his movement in the pocket in relation to where his linemen and the rushers are. It’s a work of art, honestly. Now, that’s obviously the gold standard. Nobody expects kids to be Aaron Rodgers. But those skills, on a much lower level, are what separates QBs.

Advertisement
Exactly! It’s the biggest thing that separates out the gym shorts camp warriors from the guys who get it done in games.

You can be the biggest fastest strongest armed guy in town. But if you can’t process info quickly under incredible duress while moving around and keeping your eyes off the rush you will never be great.

Remember Perry last year? You’d always see his eyes dip and then the panic would set in and he’d take off running.

Rosier was even worse, IMO. Try to think back, in almost 2 full years, how many times did he throw the ball after breaking from the initial pocket? I can think of once....and guess what? It was a TD to Cager against Wisconsin in the Orange Bowl. Literally....I can't think of a single other play he made that wasn't from the initial pocket or on a designed roll. If his read was covered, and/or any defender flashed, that ball got tucked and he was out the gate. Every time. You're not going to win that way.

All this is correct but IIRC, Kyle became hyper aware of the pass rush partly b/c of the turnstile of an OL he had - The Toddler, McTurnstile, Goldschlager, et al. Kyle had his head on a swivel that year.

This is my biggest concern with JWill - how he'll react ifn Zion, Reed, et al play poorly. This is where Enos will earn his pay.

Advertisement
All this is correct but IIRC, Kyle became hyper aware of the pass rush partly b/c of the turnstile of an OL he had - The Toddler, McTurnstile, Goldschlager, et al. Kyle had his head on a swivel that year.

This is my biggest concern with JWill - how he'll react ifn Zion, Reed, et al play poorly. This is where Enos will earn his pay.
Chicken or the egg.

Advertisement
Back