Tears Mountaineer tears

Should have jumped on the ACC bandwagon with the rest of the Big Least
I'm not convinced they had the option to join the ACC. What TV market do they bring to the table? This was one of the reasons I never understood why the ACC let in VTech. They really have no value add to the UVA market.

Advertisement
Honestly, I agree with much of what he says. Today’s college football has 100% free agency for every player. Before long, some team will simply buy a new team and win it all. Kiffin said the same thing this week.
lol they already do that. Look at the budget for Bama, Georgia, Clemson, and Ohio state.

Nothing’s changed. The only difference is players are officially being paid.

what are they accusing Addae of doing? recruiting Prince Akheem before he hit the portal?

Yes. Apparently Akheem was just walking down the beautiful streets of Morgantown when Addae drove up, threw a bag over his head, and drove him to Miami, where Mario locked him in a room for days until Akheem broke down and committed.

I'm not convinced they had the option to join the ACC. What TV market do they bring to the table? This was one of the reasons I never understood why the ACC let in VTech. They really have no value add to the UVA market.

Come on, everyone knows that WVU will deliver the Pittsburgh market, and the ACC doesn't have another team in...

...never mind...

Advertisement
lol they already do that. Look at the budget for Bama, Georgia, Clemson, and Ohio state.

Nothing’s changed. The only difference is players are officially being paid.
Not transfers at the level coming. You will see a national champion QB transfer and get paid to do so.

Advertisement
I worked with someone at Speedway/NASCAR who had previously worked for the WVU Athletic Department (her alma mater) when WVU made their presentation to the SEC. She kept trying to convince me that WVU was thisclose to getting an SEC invitation. The sad part was that all of her opinions were based on how good the WVU presentation was.

And I'm sure they made a great presentation. They put the sexiest possible lipstick on the pig. But demographics are real, y'all. There's no way in **** WVU was getting an invitation over aTm or Mizzou. ****, Missouri has TWO metropolitan areas with individual populations larger than the entire state of West Virginia.

And, yeah, WV residents are fond of claiming Pittsburgh as WV-adjacent. Regardless of the fact that parts of Ohio and Maryland are just about as close to Pittsburgh as Morgantown is. I mean, think about this for a minute. West Virginia is the only state desperate enough to claim PITTSBURGH as part of its culture.

Insane.
Disirregardless of your Pittsburgh slander (cash me outside to "discuss"), I totally believe all that and there's probably even some jokes about what an alum of WVU would consider a killer presentation.

Them trying to attach themselves to anything Western PA is hilarious both as a selling point to the SEC and even more so in the inaccuracy of it. That area considers itself as some hybrid of the northeast/midwest and that PA/WVU border is viewed with great ridicule to cross. As far as D1 college football allegiances in that area too it would be Pedo State/Pitt then probably OSU and then maybe Notre Dame.

The only WVU fans I knew growing up were parents whose kids went there because it was the only D1 athletics scholarship they were offered or because it was there or community college based upon their academic "prowess".

Disirregardless of your Pittsburgh slander (cash me outside to "discuss"), I totally believe all that and there's probably even some jokes about what an alum of WVU would consider a killer presentation.

Them trying to attach themselves to anything Western PA is hilarious both as a selling point to the SEC and even more so in the inaccuracy of it. That area considers itself as some hybrid of the northeast/midwest and that PA/WVU border is viewed with great ridicule to cross. As far as D1 college football allegiances in that area too it would be Pedo State/Pitt then probably OSU and then maybe Notre Dame.

The only WVU fans I knew growing up were parents whose kids went there because it was the only D1 athletics scholarship they were offered or because it was there or community college based upon their academic "prowess".

Ha! My mother-in-law and brother-in-law live outside of PGH, so I slander...with love...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Up around Butler.
Grew up like 20 miles from there. Gets rural and small-townish pretty quick in that direction.

Last time I was up there Matt Clement (formerly of the Marlins but mainly of the Cubs/Red Sox) was actually coaching their high school basketball team. Not sure why not baseball but he supposedly is a pretty good hoops coach in an area that's like 95% white and not infatuated with basketball.

Advertisement
Back