Most Hated Dynasty Josh Pate

Do you think Saban and Kirby can take a team full of 2 and 3 stars to the playoffs? That's all I'm asking.
In the SEC? Auburn typically finished recruiting around the top 10 in the nation until last season. That usually was good enough for 6th or 7th in the SEC. No one is coming out of the SEC without a boatload of talent. Particularly the West.

Advertisement
In the SEC? Auburn typically finished recruiting around the top 10 in the nation until last season. That usually was good enough for 6th or 7th in the SEC. No one is coming out of the SEC without a boatload of talent. Particularly the West.
Do you think Saban or Kirby make the playoffs with Cincy and Utah? Yes or no? Has Saban or Kirby ever won anything without dropping bags? Yes or no? Why is this even an argument when you know the **** is cheating, which is why he's winning?

We were always "allowed" to play, we just didn't have enough organization and funding to do it right.

No doubt saban is more successful at bama than he ever could have been at Michigan state because funding plays a roll. But so does organization. We're all praising Mario for transforming our program, but where do you think he learned all that? Where did he get the idea to run things the way he does? Everybody who can is copying what saban has done, and you know what they say about flattery.

You make decent points about what bama has been able to do under the table, but in the end saban's the one who's orchestrated it all. He's the one who's decided how to run that program, he's the one that's won eleventy million championships. It's silly to deny the man his due.

Also, and I mean this in the most respectful way, f*ck you for making me have to defend that dirt-bag saban.
He learned it from Butch....who in all reality layed the foundation that Saban and others have followed.....

Do you think Saban or Kirby make the playoffs with Cincy and Utah? Yes or no? Has Saban or Kirby ever won anything without dropping bags? Yes or no? Why is this even an argument when you know the **** is cheating, which is why he's winning?
What are you complaining about? Your head coach is building BAMA South and has said so. Mario is all in on the SEC and has said so numerous times. BAMA cheats and Mario is recruiting and building the BAMA way. Strange times down in South Beach.

Advertisement
What are you complaining about? Your head coach is building BAMA South and has said so. Mario is all in on the SEC and has said so numerous times. BAMA cheats and Mario is recruiting and building the BAMA way. Strange times down in South Beach.
Who's complaining? I simply ask you some yes or no questions that you refuse to answer. You need to stop complaining and answer the dam question or keep it moving.

Dont underestimate how much the sour ******** in society who take themselves way too seriously in life, hated with a passion the sheer joy with which those Miami teams played, which is a main reason why I loved to watch them in my rural small midwestern town...

It isnt often in life you see the emotion of pure competitive joy and many of the establishment of all ethnicities were not ready to see such things every Saturday, hence the Miami rule, they feared it might spread and what a horror that would have been....

Not to mention the exuberance and joy was coming from kids who were not considered crootable a decade earlier...

God forbid kids have fun on a football field...

Advertisement
I know we all kinda like Pate now since his mea culpa and subsequent frequent pro Miami opinions but the guy is knowledgeable and does this job smoothly.

Based on the relatively low bar set by his peers in the college football punditry world, I'd say the guy should get a bigger job sooner rather than later if actual talent means anything.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED you would say that! Wait, racism? Oh yeah, that was a lot of it, carry on.

In all seriousness, you're right. America in the 80s could have lived with Miami being good...they would have hated it, but could have lived with it. What they couldn't stand was black kids being better and saying it. They couldn't stand watching black kids dance after they scored on those nice boys from ND.
Not exactly. All those teams Miami was beating down had black kids on their rosters, too. In fact, a lot of them even had black starting QBs. The problem wasn’t that they were getting beat by black kids. The problem was that Miami’s black kids weren’t THEIR black kids.

Not exactly. All those teams Miami was beating down had black kids on their rosters, too. In fact, a lot of them even had black starting QBs. The problem wasn’t that they were getting beat by black kids. The problem was that Miami’s black kids weren’t THEIR black kids.
That’s the point I was trying to make. Being black was ok as long as you acted in a way that didn’t make people uncomfortable.

Advertisement
This is on point. Our kids being from dade brought a different swag and culture. Of course we had kids from other states as well..but the dade , Broward palm beach kids is just different imo

Advertisement
Sooooooo when are some people claiming Saban started using bags? At Mich St.? At LSU? Or at Bama ?

Or just whenever he started winning?

I seriously doubt Saban was ever the ONLY coach on the field versus ANY of his competitors using bags.

Also, are some people claiming that the ONLY reason top recruits go anywhere are bags? Or just the ones that go to Bama?

Or is it just the ones we're also recruiting.....because EVERY Top recruit really wants to come here because we know their minds and life desires?

Let's give credit where credit is due. Maybe Bama and UGA do use bags but when EVERYONE is offering bags the better recruiter wins. Anyone who thinks that they have the ONLY pristine program out there is only fooling themselves.

Tradition, facilities, coaching staff, ability to get a degree, your comfort level, playing time, the ability to improve your skills and NFL draft status, etc etc, ( Not in any particular order) ALL play a role as to where a top recruit goes

Simple fact is lots of HS recruits grow up wanting to play for Bama....just like lots of recruits grow up wanting to play here.

Last edited:
Sooooooo when are some people claiming Saban started using bags? At Mich St.? At LSU? Or at Bama ?

Or just whenever he started winning?

I seriously doubt Saban was ever the ONLY coach on the field versus ANY of his competitors using bags.

Also, are some people claiming that the ONLY reason top recruits go anywhere are bags? Or just the ones that go to Bama?
Or is it just the ones we're also recruiting.....because EVERY Top recruit really wants to come here because we know their minds and life desires?
Saban and shytt without cheating and you know it! His players even admitted to taking bags! Steve Spurrier said it best when he was at South Carolina..." We actually have to recruit our players... Alabama gets to DRAFT theirs! "

Advertisement
Back