Most Hated Dynasty Josh Pate

View attachment 182759

Thanks Josh Pate for throwing up the U tonight. Got my screenshot material.

Miami Mood Tracker tonight: Nothing that we don't already know but rest of the nation is about to find out.

Yup he has a great feel for the program. Other fans might be blinded by bias, but Josh is from right on the cusp of Alabama and Georgia but went to ISU.

He sees not just Mario, but alignment and investment by the admin. Whether it’s 10 win seasons or multiple national championships, the result regardless is a professionally run program.

Advertisement
Interesting you use the term "respect" because that's the whole thing. People felt all the celebrating was disrespectful, but if it'd been a different-looking team that wouldn't have been such a big deal. If PSU had been celebrating it would have just been some kids who were overly excited. Maybe somebody would have mentioned that they should be a little nicer, but nobody would have lost their **** mind over it. And as for the media, people say they push agendas, and that's a little true. But mostly what they do is say what people want to hear, and a lot of America was very open to the idea that nice innocent college kids were being disrespected by some thugs who should be on the corner, not on the field.
I’m not sure if PSU celebrated it would have been fine. Going back to the example of the Alabama / Miami game from 1990, it appears it was as much a reaction to the Hurricanes culture. That Alabama wide receiver (Prince Wimbley) does a Miami like celebration (he’s from S FL) and his Crimson Tide coach loses it. Wimbley is chewed out on the sidelines, and the announcers chortle about it.

One of the things that really drew me to UM football was their style of offense. I was really too young to understand the game until the late 80’s but once I started really watching games, the fact that Miami threw the ball a lot and often used three or four receivers had me hooked. I’d watch Oklahoma or big 10 teams run the ball for three yards over and over and it would put me to sleep. Miami was big play waiting to happen. My friends and I would play football in the street pretending to be Gino Toretta or Craig Erickson and we’d be dropping bombs to Randall Hill or Lamar Thomas. It blew my mind that there were teams that rarely threw. You have a quarterback and all he does is hand the ball off? What good is he?
How true! So many college football offenses were closer to Paul Johnson’s Georgia Tech’s scheme. So boring. So one dimensional.

On a side note there is nothing more fun than seeing one of those boring run-run-run offenses falling behind by 31 points and then trying to pass in the second half.

I don’t applaud the bags, I’m simply acknowledging that they exist and saban’s playing that game better than anyone else. He’s built a monster program using what’s available. If you want to say he’s only good because of cheating, then why aren’t the other coaches who cheat as good?

Point is, the game’s the game. If somebody else plays it better than you, who’s fault is that?
And who is else is cheating outside the SEC? Better yet, where was all this great coaching when Saban was at Michigan state lol? Let's see him or Kirby build something big at Fiu or Rutgers! Both Saban and Dabo are crying now because everyone gets to play the bag game lol! And as far as " playing the game " goes, you cool with Miami NOT being allowed to play the game like everyone else prior to NIL? Not a personal shot at you either btw...

Last edited:
How true! So many college football offenses were closer to Paul Johnson’s Georgia Tech’s scheme. So boring. So one dimensional.

On a side note there is nothing more fun than seeing one of those boring run-run-run offenses falling behind by 31 points and then trying to pass in the second half.
That’s the drawback to any ball control type of scheme. Yeah it’s great if you have the lead and can sit on it but what happens if you fall behind by 21 and your offense takes 10 minutes to drive the length of the field? You might as well just forfeit.

Advertisement
And who is else is cheating outside the SEC? Better yet, where was all this great coaching when Saban was at Michigan state lol? Let's see him or Kirby build something big at Fiu or Rutgers! Both Saban and Dabo are crying now because everyone gets to play the bag game lol! And as far as " playing the game " goes, you cool with Miami NOT being allowed to play the game like everyone else prior to NIL? Not a personal shot at you either btw...
We were always "allowed" to play, we just didn't have enough organization and funding to do it right.

No doubt saban is more successful at bama than he ever could have been at Michigan state because funding plays a roll. But so does organization. We're all praising Mario for transforming our program, but where do you think he learned all that? Where did he get the idea to run things the way he does? Everybody who can is copying what saban has done, and you know what they say about flattery.

You make decent points about what bama has been able to do under the table, but in the end saban's the one who's orchestrated it all. He's the one who's decided how to run that program, he's the one that's won eleventy million championships. It's silly to deny the man his due.

Also, and I mean this in the most respectful way, f*ck you for making me have to defend that dirt-bag saban.

That’s the drawback to any ball control type of scheme. Yeah it’s great if you have the lead and can sit on it but what happens if you fall behind by 21 and your offense takes 10 minutes to drive the length of the field? You might as well just forfeit.
It’s almost comical when you have them suddenly lining up in a spread formation, basically using running backs and the two wide receivers that they have on roster.

Thats right, because the NCAA turned a blind eye to favored programs when it came to near obvious recruiting violations by way of bagmen. But they acted as a blocker for any programs that started to use under the table payments to rise up.

NIL makes all of this legal. So unless Alabama et al DRASTICALLY raise their bag spending to go along with above the board NIL deals, why shouldn’t a Tennessee or Ole Miss be an effective competitor for a player provided the NIL infrastructure is in place for both schools?

Thats right, because the NCAA turned a blind eye to favored programs when it came to near obvious recruiting violations by way of bagmen. But they acted as a blocker for any programs that started to use under the table payments to rise up.

NIL makes all of this legal. So unless Alabama et al DRASTICALLY raise their bag spending to go along with above the board NIL deals, why shouldn’t a Tennessee or Ole Miss be an effective competitor for a player provided the NIL infrastructure is in place for both schools?
Yep! Mark Emmert and Saban are butt buddies lol!

Advertisement
We were always "allowed" to play, we just didn't have enough organization and funding to do it right.

No doubt saban is more successful at bama than he ever could have been at Michigan state because funding plays a roll. But so does organization. We're all praising Mario for transforming our program, but where do you think he learned all that? Where did he get the idea to run things the way he does? Everybody who can is copying what saban has done, and you know what they say about flattery.

You make decent points about what bama has been able to do under the table, but in the end saban's the one who's orchestrated it all. He's the one who's decided how to run that program, he's the one that's won eleventy million championships. It's silly to deny the man his due.

Also, and I mean this in the most respectful way, f*ck you for making me have to defend that dirt-bag saban.
I wouldn't have a problem giving him his due if he was taking 3 stars to the promised land and getting them drafted in the first round lol!

I wouldn't have a problem giving him his due if he was taking 3 stars to the promised land and getting them drafted in the first round lol!
See, this is where everybody falls down. That's not the job. The job is to win and you do that by getting the best talent. But then people want to criticize like being a good coach can only be proven by winning with inferior talent. We celebrate Butch for assembling talent, but then saban is a hack because he only wins with talent. But nobody's ever winning a championship with 3* guys, it's just not happening. Why would you expect saban to beat UGA with a bunch of 3* kids when that's not what they're up against?

Bottom line: you're wrong. saban is a great coach because he's done what all good coaches do which is use the system he's got to win more than the other guy.

Last edited:
See, this is where everybody falls down. That's not the job. The job is to win and you do that by getting the best talent. But then people want to criticize like being a good coach can only be proven by winning with inferior talent. We celebrate Butch for assembling talent, but then saban is a hack because he only wins with talent. But nobody's ever winning a championship with 3* guys, it's just not happening. Why would you expect saban to beat UGA with a bunch of 3* kids when that's not what they're up against?

Bottom line: you're wrong. saban is a great coach because he's done what all good coaches do which is use the system he's got to win more than the other guy.
Saban ain't doing shytt but getting his boosters to drop bags on the best talent available and you know it! You wanna know the definition of good coaching see Fickle at Cincy and Whittingham at Utah! Remember what happened to Bama the last time they played Utah? You think Saban beats Bama if the roles were reversed and he was coaching Cincy? Don't be THAT guy dude, especially when you know bag dropping is the reason we've been a dumpster fire all these years!

Josh Jacobs - 1st round

Chance Warmack - 1st round

Kareem Jackson - 1st round

Mac Jones - 1st round

Advertisement
The fact that there where Auburn fans rooting for Bama to beat us in the championship game is all you need to know about how hated we were. End of story

Josh Jacobs - 1st round

Chance Warmack - 1st round

Kareem Jackson - 1st round

Mac Jones - 1st round
Kareem and Mac Jones were 4 stars on Rivals, irregardless you named 4 guys outta 100 four and 5 star 1st rounders lol. Like I said Saban NEVER won anything with a roster full of 3 stars lol!

Advertisement
Kareem and Mac Jones were 4 stars on Rivals, irregardless you named 4 guys outta 100 four and 5 star 1st rounders lol. Like I said Saban NEVER won anything with a roster full of 3 stars lol!
Neither has anyone else.

My point exactly. But Fickle and Whittingham showing it can be done. Imagine if they were buying up all the 5 stars?....
Have they? Show me their trophies?

Put simply, to win the national championship, college football teams need to sign more four- and five-star recruits (AKA “Blue Chips”) than two- and three-star players over the previous four recruiting classes.

This has been true basically as far back as modern internet recruiting rankings have existed.

Have they? Show me their trophies?

Put simply, to win the national championship, college football teams need to sign more four- and five-star recruits (AKA “Blue Chips”) than two- and three-star players over the previous four recruiting classes.

This has been true basically as far back as modern internet recruiting rankings have existed.
Do you think Saban and Kirby can take a team full of 2 and 3 stars to the playoffs? That's all I'm asking.

Advertisement
Back