More UGA Turmoil

Advertisement
Is not 24/7 thats just not possible. And compared to the working conditions of regular folks they have a whole lot more flexibility to see their kids and family.

Seriously? You think college coaches have more flexibility to see their kids than the average 9 to 5 working man?

I have two different age group children. I've coached them both before, it was a nightmare of a schedule with work. Last year I opted to only coach one thinking that would give me some free time, etc. All it resulted in was me literally never seeing the other boys games as I wasn't the one to make both their schedules.

Even now with one wrestling and the other doing travel ball, I never see the kiddo wrestling.

No, kids schedules are exhausting and we're not even in college. In season, they would literally see nothing with some rare exceptions.

“This is Mario Cristobal, would you like to join the UM staff as a Analyst?”
looking forward to the analysts we'll have on staff "rehabilitating careers" in sunny South Florida. Hopefully Butch comes on in the scouting department and our program takes on the lifelong developmental image of a pro sports organization. Miami has a tremendous brotherhood and the career opportunities will continue to separate The []__[] from an aTm or Alabama.

Advertisement
Lol lol learn under Mike norvell......ahhahahahhaahaaa

In fairness, there's a lot to learn from Prison Mike Norvell...
1645564928360.png

All I know is that I need more details from Matt Luke himself. In what seemed like a great idea at the time, I came home and told my wife that I was suffering from burnout in the workplace and was seriously considering a sabbatical to spend more time with her and the kids. I was feeling really good about the prospect of more quality time with the family!! Let's just say her response wasn't what I'd hoped for.

*paging Matt Luke

Advertisement
Seriously? You think college coaches have more flexibility to see their kids than the average 9 to 5 working man?

I have two different age group children. I've coached them both before, it was a nightmare of a schedule with work. Last year I opted to only coach one thinking that would give me some free time, etc. All it resulted in was me literally never seeing the other boys games as I wasn't the one to make both their schedules.

Even now with one wrestling and the other doing travel ball, I never see the kiddo wrestling.

No, kids schedules are exhausting and we're not even in college. In season, they would literally see nothing with some rare exceptions.

Are you a college coach? If not you just made my point for me.

Are you a college coach? If not you just made my point for me.

Guess what, college coaches put in far more time than I have or done. Literally been there as a D1 athlete and those dudes were working non-stop, always in their offices going over stuff, on the phone, etc all year round. You could count on them there from early morning until 8 at a bare minimum. Thought I was getting run ragged with it all, but quickly realized they put in longer days than any of us did.

Give me a break when discussing the difficulties of coaching college football for a living and comparing it to any normal profession.

Seriously?

They are all extremely overpaid.

Guess what, college coaches put in far more time than I have or done. Literally been there as a D1 athlete and those dudes were working non-stop, always in their offices going over stuff, on the phone, etc all year round. You could count on them there from early morning until 8 at a bare minimum. Thought I was getting run ragged with it all, but quickly realized they put in longer days than any of us did.
Maybe they shouid work smarter not harder. Like howwww much film can you actually watch?

I'm obviously joking (kind of) and I'd rather just believe that Curby is a giant douche that people don't want to work for even after winning a championship. I also choose to believe that Ol' B Mac & Cheese only went back there because his wife is Miko Grimes Part 2.

Advertisement
Give me a break when discussing the difficulties of coaching college football for a living and comparing it to any normal profession.

Seriously?

They are all extremely overpaid.

I wouldn't disagree that they're overpaid. Athletics in general are obscene with what they pay everyone. It's sad how they've priced a lot of families out through the years.

No they don't. Most of us work 8-5 give or take. I used to work on a college basketball team and it's a 7 day a week and 12 hour a day job for me and I was just a manager. The coaches I've worked with did not see their families for weeks, especially during the season and recruiting trips.

When I said 24/7, I was exaggerating to make a point.

This point was understood by all the reasonable people who read your post, my friend.

No they don't. Most of us work 8-5 give or take. I used to work on a college basketball team and it's a 7 day a week and 12 hour a day job for me and I was just a manager. The coaches I've worked with did not see their families for weeks, especially during the season and recruiting trips.

When I said 24/7, I was exaggerating to make a point.
As said by @No_Fly_Zone, who works a job very similar (60-70 hour per week, regularly) to what I do, your point was accurate.

College football coaches put in way more time than the average (or median) worker in this country.

Anyone who also works really long hours is well aware of it.

The people attacking you on this point are clueless.

Advertisement
Uh, yeah. Don't buy it. Don't buy it at all.

You know what else you do for a family? Maintain a job and a paycheck. So this guy is completely quitting the biz so he can go to middle school sports games?

Whatever. You know what you can do instead? WORK AS AN ANALYST. But, sure, he is going to be unemployed so he can drive the carpool to all those middle school events. Yeah, UGa must have been paying this guy a multi-million dollar salary for him to be able to retire at the age of 45...
It’s always “family reasons” or “health reasons” because nobody can fault you for that. Except for CIS, we’ll judge your *** no matter what you do.

Advertisement
Back