More UGA Turmoil

How many times do you think he'll be there during the season?
Dunno but I'm sure his first few months here weren't exactly slow. And to be honest, if I found out some father of another kid on my kid's team quit his job so he could "be more involved" with our kid's team it miiiiiight send up some red flags.

Hey, it could be true but the "family" excuse with coaches is almost always bs. And I'm even lumping in the guys trying to avoid costly divorces because they just got caught cheating.

Advertisement
There's more going on with Kirby than with the other two.

I can't put some of this in print. Spend time searching the web.
I don't get it, why not?

Edit: Smart gets under my skin. I have always suspected he was a degenerate. It would be nice to get info that validates that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kids go to school from 8 to 3 on weekdays and afterwards is extracurricular activities like music lessons or sports practices.
So unless he's volunteering at their school I just don't see how he needs to quit his job to be able to spend time with them.

Advertisement
Kids go to school from 8 to 3 on weekdays and afterwards is extracurricular activities like music lessons or sports practices.
So unless he's volunteering at their school I just don't see how he needs to quit his job to be able to spend time with them.
Do you realize a college coaching job is basically a 24/7 job? You have coaching, watching tapes, recruiting (on the road), dealing with current players (drama, emotions, etc), going to practices/games, meeting with coaching staff etc.

Would like to know the real deal. I know people in Athens, but they are no insiders, just locals and fans. When it comes to football they like females and cars, just put gas in it. Should certainly give us a better chance with guys like Kirkland.

Do you realize a college coaching job is basically a 24/7 job? You have coaching, watching tapes, recruiting (on the road), dealing with current players (drama, emotions, etc), going to practices/games, meeting with coaching staff etc.

Is not 24/7 thats just not possible. And compared to the working conditions of regular folks they have a whole lot more flexibility to see their kids and family.

Guys, Mat Luke iz a prince of a fella. Met him wunce win he stopped by da Rockin Bear in Blackshear fer lunch on a recrootin trip down dis way lookin at a 6’5” 325 lb monsta. Reckanised him rite away an sat down wit him to tawlk foozeball. He bawt my sammich an sweet tea. Ima fan fer life!

Advertisement
NSIAP,
👀👀👀👀
FC7C2273-033B-4AB1-90BA-231DDCA98A37.png

C640162B-FF13-49D1-839D-89547FD2B54E.png

Dang sun! I wish I could reed better. I thought the sign for that bar in Blackshear said “Rocking Bare” so I walked in bare *** naked. Got throwed
Dang sun! I wish I could reed better. I thought the sign for that bar in Blackshear said “Rocking Bare” so I walked in bare *** naked. Got throwed out.
Honest musteak sun. I dun da same thang win da joynt opened. Wishfull thinkin I reckon. Inyhow, it’s gud food even if da weightresses dew where clothes!

Is not 24/7 thats just not possible. And compared to the working conditions of regular folks they have a whole lot more flexibility to see their kids and family.
No they don't. Most of us work 8-5 give or take. I used to work on a college basketball team and it's a 7 day a week and 12 hour a day job for me and I was just a manager. The coaches I've worked with did not see their families for weeks, especially during the season and recruiting trips.

When I said 24/7, I was exaggerating to make a point.

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me if we want Atkins to leave FSU? FSU's offensive line is horrible and he is now an OC, or is he actually improving their team a lot?

Can someone explain to me if we want Atkins to leave FSU? FSU's offensive line is horrible and he is now an OC, or is he actually improving their team a lot?

I think it would be advantageous on both the "perception" level ("hey, your OC took a demotion to go to UGa") and the "who's left to hire" level. But, sure, you never know, they could hire a 24-year-old genius who proves us all wrong, and maybe we should have been rooting for the over-promoted OL coach to stay at F$U and plod along for the 2022 season.

My feeling is that this would be an immediate short-term problem for F$U, particularly in recruiting. At least Atkins has had a couple of years to form relationships with recruits, but if F$U has to go outside the program to bring in a new guy, there is very real chance that they lose recruiting traction with offense-side recruits.

Advertisement
Back