More UGA Turmoil

Advertisement

Uh, yeah. Don't buy it. Don't buy it at all.

You know what else you do for a family? Maintain a job and a paycheck. So this guy is completely quitting the biz so he can go to middle school sports games?

Whatever. You know what you can do instead? WORK AS AN ANALYST. But, sure, he is going to be unemployed so he can drive the carpool to all those middle school events. Yeah, UGa must have been paying this guy a multi-million dollar salary for him to be able to retire at the age of 45...

You know what else you do for a family? Maintain a job and a paycheck. So this guy is completely quitting the biz so he can go to middle school sports games?

Whatever. You know what you can do instead? WORK AS AN ANALYST. But, sure, he is going to be unemployed so he can drive the carpool to all those middle school events. Yeah, UGa must have been paying this guy a multi-million dollar salary for him to be able to retire at the age of 45...
There may be more to the story, but he's likely earned more than enough money over the years where if he wants to take a year or two off, he can likely do it without putting himself or his family in a precarious financial situation. He's only 45, so he can also regain employment making significant monies at the flip of a switch.

Advertisement

Ole Miss paid him $10 million to leave so I am sure he will be ok for a while.

Advertisement
Reported he is remaining in Athens. Has two middle school aged sons who play multiple sports. He is planning on staying in AThens - the family really likes it there and he will be able to be more involved in the kids sports.
He will leave if the right offer comes. Just like I said when Lashlee was at SMU -- if the right bag is presented, his wife will pack his bags and box up the house for him.

Advertisement
He will leave if the right offer comes. Just like I said when Lashlee was at SMU -- if the right bag is presented, his wife will pack his bags and box up the house for him.

Different situation. Luke had a nice buyout from Ole Miss. He can easily afford to take a year or two off

Advertisement
There may be more to the story, but he's likely earned more than enough money over the years where if he wants to take a year or two off, he can likely do it without putting himself or his family in a precarious financial situation. He's only 45, so he can also regain employment making significant monies at the flip of a switch.

Sure, and I'm being a bit sarcastic, but there is also the timing to consider. It's freakin' Presidents Day, not the day after the National Championship. Usually, coaching changes this late have...other components...

We'll see. I just find the UGa explanations ("he looooooves Athens") to be hilarious.

Eh, disagree. You are oversimplifying it. It’s not just about the games. The guy has been grinding 90 hour weeks and some families simply can’t sustain that. Taking a step away from it all to be present with your family is worth a lot more than what he’s losing. Besides, money isn’t a concern here - he’s been at a million dollar salary for years while living in towns with low COL. I’m sure they’re doing plenty fine.

Advertisement
Back