MNW S Nate Taylor

Have any of you noticed a little trend in some of Goldens early commits that people were a little puzzled by?

Many of them, besides being solid players, were also linked to other prospects, 2013 kids, or schools that Golden might be after. I am not saying thats the case here but Golden really has a method to his madness.
This. Recruiting is a puzzle. You have to watch the way the pieces come together. Focusing on a single piece misses the picture.

AG wants a mix of kids. He thinks about schools. He thinks about timing, and sequencing. And how one kid might lead to another. Dude thinks about which kids will plug for us with other kids....

Maybe this kid's commitment isn't even real. But do not be surprised when you get some 'head scratcher' commitments this year. Small class or not, he's going to mix kids that seem like no-brainers in with kids who seem like hair-brainers, at least to recruiting site fans.

Good stuff. Golden is probably one of the most organized coaches around. When things happen, they usually happen for a reason.

This "commitment" looks like a false alarm.

Advertisement
I could be completely wrong but I think we ****ed up with Cooper. I think we tried to slow play him and Bama swamped him and it was too late to say we were sorry.

Either way this year we definitely dont have to go far for some elite prospects and if this kid helps with Burns, maybe Burns helps with Bosa......who knows? After seeing what we did with Howard I will never underestimate how the kids end up recruiting eachother again.

I disagree about having f'd up with Cooper. If you remember, he was ready to pop for us after camp or an unofficial and his mom told him to hold off, to explore his options. Next thing we know, 'Bama was his leader. And he pledged to them shortly after. Thats what fueled all the $ talk.

As i said earlier, maybe this is way to get at Burns, but this kid doesnt look like anything special on the highlights. Way too early to take this commit IMO.....

I could be completely wrong but I think we ****ed up with Cooper. I think we tried to slow play him and Bama swamped him and it was too late to say we were sorry.

Either way this year we definitely dont have to go far for some elite prospects and if this kid helps with Burns, maybe Burns helps with Bosa......who knows? After seeing what we did with Howard I will never underestimate how the kids end up recruiting eachother again.

I disagree about having f'd up with Cooper. If you remember, he was ready to pop for us after camp or an unofficial and his mom told him to hold off, to explore his options. Next thing we know, 'Bama was his leader. And he pledged to them shortly after. Thats what fueled all the $ talk.

As i said earlier, maybe this is way to get at Burns, but this kid doesnt look like anything special on the highlights. Way too early to take this commit IMO.....

Yeah I definitely remember the situation well. It was a strange one and of course you could be right. Everyone seemed to have an opinion, rumor etc about it so thats always tough.

Either way we were in the mode of taking kids that were 100% on board with us, and we were 100% on board with them, and that just wasnt the case with Cooper, whichever side was holding back.

Advertisement
All of the post about hes not that good. I remember the same post bout Cooper last year. I will trust Goldens calll.

Have any of you noticed a little trend in some of Goldens early commits that people were a little puzzled by?

Many of them, besides being solid players, were also linked to other prospects, 2013 kids, or schools that Golden might be after. I am not saying thats the case here but Golden really has a method to his madness.
This. Recruiting is a puzzle. You have to watch the way the pieces come together. Focusing on a single piece misses the picture.

AG wants a mix of kids. He thinks about schools. He thinks about timing, and sequencing. And how one kid might lead to another. Dude thinks about which kids will plug for us with other kids....

Maybe this kid's commitment isn't even real. But do not be surprised when you get some 'head scratcher' commitments this year. Small class or not, he's going to mix kids that seem like no-brainers in with kids who seem like hair-brainers, at least to recruiting site fans.

SMH. Yall thinkin to hard.

Nites gon Nites

consistenly bringing the fight

Good stuff. Golden is probably one of the most organized coaches around. When things happen, they usually happen for a reason.

This "commitment" looks like a false alarm.

lol

Advertisement

what would you know about that?

That's it from nites? Knew ya had emasculated the ***** but didn't think he would rank out like that

Seems there was a misunderstanding and Taylor does not have an offer. Said Hurlie Brown sent out a text to Luther Campbell that he did have one but coaches had to tell him he did not and their still evaluating him.

Advertisement
“I didn’t get the offer,” Taylor told InsideTheU on Saturday. “It was a mistake by one of their coaches. They are evaluating me and my film, and they said they were offering me and then told coach (Campbell) that they offered me, but they didn’t really offer me because they had not evaluating my whole game film yet. It was just a misunderstanding. I will be okay. Things happen.”
It was disappointing news for Taylor, who grew up around the UM program as he developed close relationships with former Hurricanes Jon Beason, Tavares Gooden, and Devin Hester, all of whom expressed congratulations to Taylor throughout the week after learning of his offer.

Free article

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/UM-Doesnt-Accept-Taylor-Commitment-61912

Bad job by the staff with communication?

Last edited:
Bad job by the staff with communication?]

I think so.. I know most will be happy about him not committing but it's always a bad thing when stuff like this happens. Hopefully we don't get off to a bad start with MNW.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No commit. ITU ****ed this one up. Plenty of red flags on this...

The kid isn't that good. If he was gonna get offered it would have been at a camp where they can see how he moves up close...not a junior day.

Did they not ask the kid where his offer came? He would have had to have said Hurlie Brown..in which case now they know they need to do some digging. If he lies and said Coach D, then it's not on them anymore, the kid lied to you.

ITU knows that no one is getting offered by Hurlie Brown.

+1

Has there ever been a worse site covering the Canes than ITU? Remember when that fool Rudy suggested Miami's staff consist of only local high school coaches? And it seems like that site, every chance it gets, puts Miami in a bad light. I guess you gotta get readers to pay somehow if your journalism is not up to snuff...

No commit. ITU ****ed this one up. Plenty of red flags on this...

The kid isn't that good. If he was gonna get offered it would have been at a camp where they can see how he moves up close...not a junior day.

Did they not ask the kid where his offer came? He would have had to have said Hurlie Brown..in which case now they know they need to do some digging. If he lies and said Coach D, then it's not on them anymore, the kid lied to you.

ITU knows that no one is getting offered by Hurlie Brown.

Advertisement
Back