MNW S Nate Taylor

Have any of you noticed a little trend in some of Goldens early commits that people were a little puzzled by?

Many of them, besides being solid players, were also linked to other prospects, 2013 kids, or schools that Golden might be after. I am not saying thats the case here but Golden really has a method to his madness.

Plus all that bull**** Cooper was spewing about starting a trend to go to 'Bama

Advertisement
****, I think it's too early to take this kids commitment. He looks solid, but not elite.

Sincerely,

Josh Witt
Jake O'Donnell
Vernon Davis
Dwayne Hoilett
Larry Hope
Nate Dortch

All of those kids committed after going to the Al Golden camp in the summer. Nice Try though.

Golden wasn't here long enough to get a feel for them type of recruits so the camps were necessary. Golden has had a whole year to evaluate Taylor since I'm sure they was keeping an eye on Cooper as well so they had a better feel for Taylor and felt comfortable handing out an offer imo.

I could be completely wrong but I think we ****ed up with Cooper. I think we tried to slow play him and Bama swamped him and it was too late to say we were sorry.

Either way this year we definitely dont have to go far for some elite prospects and if this kid helps with Burns, maybe Burns helps with Bosa......who knows? After seeing what we did with Howard I will never underestimate how the kids end up recruiting eachother again.

I'll take a S class of Mackenro, Taylor and Carter

Not every player has to be elite. I'll trust the staff can coach the only solid guys up

This. We have to take like 3 kids at Safety. Can't really expect all 3 to be top guys. And most of the top guys aren't gonna commit early on.

Advertisement
It's important to not let Alabama build a pipeline in our own feeder school. If this helps with getting Burns also, the better.

Well according to Taylor, speaking about Burns....

"Right now he's going to Alabama, but I know he doesn't really want to go there," Taylor said. "But he feels like Alabama is his top choice right now. The only thing I have to let him know is what it's like at UM."

"Right now he's going to Alabama, but I know he doesn't really want to go there," Taylor said. "But he feels like Alabama is his top choice right now. The only thing I have to let him know is what it's like at UM."

Come on down Artie!

Come on down Artie!

47.jpg

Advertisement
****, I think it's too early to take this kids commitment. He looks solid, but not elite.

Sincerely,

Josh Witt
Jake O'Donnell
Vernon Davis
Dwayne Hoilett
Larry Hope
Nate Dortch

All of those kids committed after going to the Al Golden camp in the summer. Nice Try though.

and now they've been here a year and certainly have had their eye on this kid

And S is clearly a position of need, probably our biggest need heading into the 2013 recruiting cycle. Good to have a local kid committed early.

Advertisement
love his number, maybe he can come in and be half the player the last guy with the number was....I like what our coach is doing!!!

Advertisement
Have any of you noticed a little trend in some of Goldens early commits that people were a little puzzled by?

Many of them, besides being solid players, were also linked to other prospects, 2013 kids, or schools that Golden might be after. I am not saying thats the case here but Golden really has a method to his madness.
This. Recruiting is a puzzle. You have to watch the way the pieces come together. Focusing on a single piece misses the picture.

AG wants a mix of kids. He thinks about schools. He thinks about timing, and sequencing. And how one kid might lead to another. Dude thinks about which kids will plug for us with other kids....

Maybe this kid's commitment isn't even real. But do not be surprised when you get some 'head scratcher' commitments this year. Small class or not, he's going to mix kids that seem like no-brainers in with kids who seem like hair-brainers, at least to recruiting site fans.

We need MNW commits in the worst way. We need to open that connection again. Believe it or not, we (fans) help ruin that as well. Hopefully with their new coach and a winning season we can start getting those guys again

Fwiw someone just said Ferman is reporting he did not commit. I guess we'll see how this plays out.

Advertisement
Back