Mississippi State

So I read on an MSU site that the host coach, theirs, is given the option of when to play? Thus he chose the noon slot to give his team more recovery time, is that correct?

Advertisement
So I read on an MSU site that the host coach, theirs, is given the option of when to play? Thus he chose the noon slot to give his team more recovery time, is that correct?

LSU usually does the same thing.

It really makes sense. The only downside is the crowd/ revenue.

Louisville is a national seed. We went there and won. We should have taken 2-3 against them. Could/should of beat UNC in the ACC tournament who won it and is hosting.

We are right there. I don't fear any of these teams except maybe UCLA and Vanderbilt. Even those teams are beatable on any given day.

We just need to bring the bats and play good defense. Our pitching will be fine.

Let them worry about us!!!

Stop comparing them to other teams we’ve played. MSU is the best team that we will play all year barring a matchup with Vandy or UCLA. They are that good. And the atmospheres at Carolina and Louisville are a joke. That Louisville crowd consisted of 9 people.

This weekend will be nothing like you’ve ever seen. It’s a football crowd at a baseball stadium. Nobody is saying we absolutely can’t win. We’re saying it’ll be harder than most of y’all are leading on. You don’t go 32-5 at home in easily the best conference in the country, by a long shot, unless you are both really good and have a real advantage playing there

Advertisement
Stop comparing them to other teams we’ve played. MSU is the best team that we will play all year barring a matchup with Vandy or UCLA. They are that good. And the atmospheres at Carolina and Louisville are a joke. That Louisville crowd consisted of 9 people.

This weekend will be nothing like you’ve ever seen. It’s a football crowd at a baseball stadium. Nobody is saying we absolutely can’t win. We’re saying it’ll be harder than most of y’all are leading on. You don’t go 32-5 at home in easily the best conference in the country, by a long shot, unless you are both really good and have a real advantage playing there

It was literally raining sideways in Louisville. There was zero home field advantage that weekend. Our fans are in for a shock if they take MSU's atmosphere lightly.

My point is that we've faced top teams. There's only Vanderbilt and UCLA that give me pause. Georgia Tech beat UCLA early in the season. Nobody is unbeatable

You should read my post about crowds. This ain't college football. I know as a former D-1 baseball player. Crowds are not as big of a deal. What? You gonna say, "Oh, that crowd was really tough to overcome!!!" No.

Just play the game. If our game is good enough we'll win.

My point is that we've faced top teams. There's only Vanderbilt and UCLA that give me pause. Georgia Tech beat UCLA early in the season. Nobody is u beatable

You should read my post about crowds. This ain't college football. I know as a former D-1 baseball player. Crowds are not as big of a deal. What? You gonna say, "Oh, that crowd was really tough to overcome!!!"

You also didn't know about reading a down trajectory, so ease up on the "I was a D1 player!!!" thing. You have no idea what Dudy Noble is like. It is literally one of the two or three toughest places to play in college baseball. The fact that you are arguing about it is another huge red flag. Most people seem to know about Baum, Dudy Noble, and The Box.

You also didn't know about reading a down trajectory, so ease up on the "I was a D1 player!!!" thing. You have no idea what Dudy Noble is like. It is literally one of the two or three toughest places to play in college baseball. The fact that you are arguing about it is another huge red flag. Most people seem to know about Baum, Dudy Noble, and The Box.
I played at Arkansas and Oklahoma St. I know what crowds are like. Stop making a big deal out of it. It isn't. Baseball is a different game. Fans cheer for their team and don't boo and ride the other team like football. And if your *** is that weak that a crowd affects your game, your in the wrong sport.

Advertisement
A hostle crowd's effect on a baseball game? hmmm IDK. I'm not saying theyre not loud. I just don't buy that big of an effect on the outcome.

I played at Arkansas and Oklahoma St. I know what crowds are like. Stop making a big deal out of it. It isn't. Baseball is a different game. Fans cheer for their team and don't boo and ride the other team like football. And if your *** is that weak that a crowd affects your game, your in the wrong sport.

Your MEAC program playing on a Tuesday night at Arkansas probably didn't bring out the real crowd.

Fans don't boo and ride the other team????????? PLEASE make the trip to Mississippi State. Please.

Advertisement
My point is that we've faced top teams. There's only Vanderbilt and UCLA that give me pause. Georgia Tech beat UCLA early in the season. Nobody is unbeatable

You should read my post about crowds. This ain't college football. I know as a former D-1 baseball player. Crowds are not as big of a deal. What? You gonna say, "Oh, that crowd was really tough to overcome!!!" No.

Lmao this team can’t go 5 innings without kicking the ball around it’s own field. Playing in a hostile environment is gonna make that easier?

No matter what happens, when the weekend is over I don’t wanna hear the “young team” excuse. By your standards we are seasoned vets and ready for this stage.

We've seen a million excuses this year about how young we are. You don't think a huge, hostile crowd can add to the pressure that is already on a young player?

The same people saying it won’t be a big deal are probably the same ones who post on the football boards about kids being shellschocked when they leave Florida and cross over the Bama line. It’s whatever fits their narrative

Lmao this team can’t go 5 innings without kicking the ball around it’s own field. Playing in a hostile environment is gonna make that easier?

No matter what happens, when the weekend is over I don’t wanna hear the “young team” excuse. By your standards we are seasoned vets and ready for this stage.
We've played in arguably the 2nd best conference in college baseball. It's now the postseason. There are no more freshman. It's time to ball. Win or go home!!!

Advertisement
Your MEAC program playing on a Tuesday night at Arkansas probably didn't bring out the real crowd.

Fans don't boo and ride the other team????????? PLEASE make the trip to Mississippi State. Please.
Didn't play in the MEAC. You make too big a deal about the crowds. There's no excuses. It's just baseball. There is no pressure on us cause we're the #2 team. MSU at home and is expected to win. All the pressure is on them.

We're playing with house money. This is just a great experience for our young team. Make mistake, we have the ability to win the regional.

Didn't play in the MEAC. You make too big a deal about the crowds. There's no excuses. It's just baseball. There is no pressure on us cause we're the #2 team. MSU at home and is expected to win. All the pressure is on them.

We're playing with house money. This is just a great experience for our young team. Make mistake, we have the ability to win the regional.

Oh my.

Advertisement
Back