Mike rumph perception

Advertisement
Don't forget to add Manny right behind him. His recruiting record tell it all. Don't forget Banda hasn't developed one Safety since being here. His best Safety is a guy from USC. His last two good Safeties were Golden Players. So Miami definitely needs to reshuffle the deck. Fire Rumph, Patke, and Baker. Demote Banda to an off the Field Position where he focus on recruiting not developing. Fire Manny if he doesn't want to bring in a DC.

Simple.

Wildcard see if Kool, Hartley, and Barrow want anything to do with the program.

That's my Ted Talk
Not true at all. Carter, Jenkins, JJ, and Redwine, all developed under Banda. All are currently in the league.

I have relatives that play and coach on south Florida high school teams and those kids and coaches hear and read the negatives about rumph. Some coaches even post on message boards themselves. I don’t know how manny can change the perception if rumph isnt fired but the optics look bad and these kids hear the negativity. That’s not to say some kids won’t come play corner for UM anyway but the big time guys that have offers from other high profile programs will choose those other DB coaches just based off perception of how bad they hear about rumph. It’s sucks for us canes fans but these kids hear the noise and read the comments so why would they want to be attached to a coach that the fan base thinks needs to be replaced. Just thought I would share but how does manny continue to recruit against the big schools with rumph having such a awful perception surrounding him?
He doesnt. Unless Manny in his evil genius can somehow figure out how to win football games without any bodies at the cornerback position, then Rumph has gotta go! He his dead weight. Loved him as a player, but coaching at this level as well as recruiting are clearly not his calling.

My only problem with the Rumph stuff is this... He's the CB Coach, but if they apilt
Not true at all. Carter, Jenkins, JJ, and Redwine, all developed under Banda. All are currently in the league.

Bruh that was Golden Players stop it... Carter, Redwin, and JJ was all Golden I believe. None are in the LG because of Banda... What's next... He developed Bolden as well? Lol.

Advertisement
I love how the narrative about Rumph is that its not his fault and its someone else's fault.

Does this nonsense go on anywhere else in the country?

really isnt a narrative. its just the same posters that excuse his failures bc he played here under butch. when others fail at recruiting, its their fault, but when rumph fails, its bc everyone else is preventing him from doing his job. somehow this isn't an issue elsewhere esp in this class

My only problem with the Rumph stuff is this... He's the CB Coach, but if they apilt

Bruh that was Golden Players stop it... Carter, Redwin, and JJ was all Golden I believe. None are in the LG because of Banda... What's next... He developed Bolden as well? Lol.
Bruh they all got recruited by Golden but they were gone when they actually played and got drafted. Banda coached JJ and Redwine for like 2-3 years.

Been saying the same for years, especially in relation to Reed. He's not gonna put up with the prima donna BS.
To be fair he wouldn’t have to. Ed Reed is a legend. Mike was a first round pick and a good player for UM. But kids don’t know/remember that. You have no choice but to know who Ed Reed is he’s immortal

Advertisement
Relly you’re way too smart to believe that horse**** bro...

There is no Grand conspiracy against Mike & there is no “clique”, he’s not good at his job it’s that simple, no matter what anybody tries to say or how much they make excuses or spin, the man can’t recruit, he just can’t & it ain’t nobody’s fault but his own.

You ever wonder why you never hear shît like that about Hickson?? Because Hickson can recruit & is good at his job.

It’s a performance based meritocracy, there shouldn’t be any coach on staff that has to have his hand held. and
Baker, Rumph & Patke are our 3 worst recruiters, it’s not up for debate & there’s no secret story behind the scenes about it, they just simply suck, that’s all it is lol.

yep.

he's not the right person to be the CB coach on this staff. it's not complicated. there are certain things the job description lays out plainly. he is not meeting the standards set and that's all there is. he's not the first coach to be mismatched on a staff, and he won't be the last.

it's ok to be simply an "barely above average" position coach if you are a truly great recruiter. (In UM's history of coaches, Banda and Todd Hartley, are good examples). You can have a long career in the college game if you are one of those. It's like great hitters in baseball. you can bat .300 and not bounce into a bunch of double plays? they'll find a spot for you.

of course, the other option is if you're an excellent position coach, then being even just barely average at recruiting is ok too. if the process is well managed, you won't hurt the team, and your skill developing players can make up for it. (think of guys like curtis johnson or don soldinger).

unfortunately, rumph is neither of the two options, which means his time to move on has probably arrived. the best thing manny can do is find a replacement ASAP after the bowl game.

Rumph is credited for 1 recruit (Malik Curtis) at a position of need where he can credibly sell early playing time. There was smoke he was gone last year. I can't envision him on the staff next season. Time for both sides to move on.
Isnt be a patke recruit due to area?

yep.

he's not the right person to be the CB coach on this staff. it's not complicated. there are certain things the job description lays out plainly. he is not meeting the standards set and that's all there is. he's not the first coach to be mismatched on a staff, and he won't be the last.

it's ok to be simply an "barely above average" position coach if you are a truly great recruiter. (In UM's history of coaches, Banda and Todd Hartley, are good examples). You can have a long career in the college game if you are one of those. It's like great hitters in baseball. you can bat .300 and not bounce into a bunch of double plays? they'll find a spot for you.

of course, the other option is if you're an excellent position coach, then being even just barely average at recruiting is ok too. if the process is well managed, you won't hurt the team, and your skill developing players can make up for it. (think of guys like curtis johnson or don soldinger).

unfortunately, rumph is neither of the two options, which means his time to move on has probably arrived. the best thing manny can do is find a replacement ASAP after the bowl game.
perfect storm with T Rob unemployed..........get him and that DB room changes in 2 years instantly. He will bring dogs, but still fire patke and Baker as well

Advertisement
My perception.

1608666451363.png

Advertisement
Don Brown would have an aneurysm working for Manuela. There is absolutely no way old man Brown would subject himself to this ****show.

Advertisement
Back