Mike rumph perception

It all started with know-nothing fans bashing the corner play because they don't have a clue about proper technique. Then it ballooned with the recruiting problems.

And most of the time they did neither correctly. Albeit Blades was much better at playing the WR while recovering and not having time to look back. Ivey struggled at both. Couch showed he can do both better than the upperclassmen.

Advertisement
Can we snag Travaris Robinson from SC if Shane Beamer doesn't want to keep him?

Dude is listed as a DC and DB coach and also runs a 4-3 defense with multiple schemes. Also from Miami too. Literally addresses most of our issues with the defense.

If Diaz does not want someone too qualified can we at least get Travis Fisher? Dude can at least recruit compared to Rumph.

****, that says it all! Youth football coach. I don’t think you guys understand how much it Hurts me to draw such critical opinions on a Cane player and Coach and seemingly a pretty Good dude. However facts are facts and the continual futility at recruiting CB’s to Miami far outweigh the minimal positives supposedly gained in reference to CB coaching. Especially has it relates to actual play on the field.

Advertisement
Word is, he wasn't loving UM when Alfraud was corching it. That's understandable.

Fact is, he ain't sold UM well to CB recruits since he been here. That's unfortunate.

Whether he would recommend Heritage or not to a family, that's unclear.
Same as people getting angry about Cristobal saying 💩 or leaving Miami during same time period. Al was an idiot and ex canes saw that

1 guy who was influential with chaney is a guy alot of them dont like that coaches safeties lol
Banda is that you??? lol I remember posters saying Banda was the one who landed Lorenzo lingard instead of former RB Brown while at the same getting KICKED into the recruiting wood chipper for safeties

Banda is that you??? lol I remember posters saying Banda was the one who landed Lorenzo lingard instead of former RB Brown while at the same getting KICKED into the recruiting wood chipper for safeties
That’s actually truth so why call him Banda? He had alot to do with Chaney. People here like to roll with false narratives and believe their own conspiracy theories. Banda is involved in multiple positions. I know the Rumph cult don’t want to hear that. That’s from kids actual mouths.

Fact is if Rumph wasn’t a cane he wouldn’t have his small cult.

Advertisement
That’s actually truth so why call him Banda? He had alot to do with Chaney. People here like to roll with false narratives and believe their own conspiracy theories. Banda is involved in multiple positions. I know the Rumph cult don’t want to hear that. That’s from kids actual mouths.

As DWinsmope would say .... FACTS

I'm NO Rumph supporter and the entire Defensive staff is riddled with **** poor recruiters. 1 more thing ....no solid new DC is coming here and keeping this staff

Advertisement
As stated it all starts with leadership up top but what’s with this perception nonsense? It’s not perception that he has struggled immensely at recruiting, it’s reality. The negativity followed afterwards, especially after he failed to land Surtain or TC, particularly TC.

Advertisement
Sooooo much BS and untruths being spewed...
Enlighten us. I seriously would like to know the true reality going on here with our inability to bring in CBs, let alone top players and sufficient numbers. I've had the pleasure of meeting Rumph, DVD, and others from UM, UF and several other programs. Rumph was the most laid back of all of them and he came across as real and genuine. I appreciate that and respect it tremendously. As an educator I felt comfortable thinking about my students potentially playing for him. Some of the other coaches were pure sleeze balls. But none of that says Rumph can recruit. Period. So I genuinely wish I knew what the explanation is for our ongoing issues at CB

Enlighten us. I seriously would like to know the true reality going on here with our inability to bring in CBs, let alone top players and sufficient numbers. I've had the pleasure of meeting Rumph, DVD, and others from UM, UF and several other programs. Rumph was the most laid back of all of them and he came across as real and genuine. I appreciate that and respect it tremendously. As an educator I felt comfortable thinking about my students potentially playing for him. Some of the other coaches were pure sleeze balls. But none of that says Rumph can recruit. Period. So I genuinely wish I knew what the explanation is for our ongoing issues at CB
It seems clear from the smoke and chatter that the Diaz clique (Banda, Patke, now Baker) and the Richt guys (Kul and Rumph) didn't mesh very well. Kul bailed. It's obvious he couldn't stand Manny. Rumph has toughed it out, obviously hasn't recruited well, clearly feels like his recruiting targets are shot down by the Diaz clique. After a few years of this, the negative perception becomes self-fulfilling.

No one created these narratives for Stacy Searles or Craig Kuligowski.
They're out there. They just didn't drag on forever.
Everyone understands Manny Diaz is not the guy...but the discussion on Rumph being deflected to someone else is some nonsense that is not being applied to anyone else. On the same staff...Patke and Baker don't have these same narratives created around them and they don't recruit for **** either. We also do not have the lack of numbers and recruits/commitments at any other position.
The discussion of Rumph is not being deflected. What's being discussed is the assumption held by most that "If we get rid of Rumph, every thing is fixed". And it's not like we haven't heard it before. It's like amputating the arm after the cancer has spread there from the pancreas.

There's nothing new in these convos.

Advertisement
Back