Mike rumph perception

Attachments

• Brick.png
    Brick.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Advertisement
You have Field at TE who is a good recruiter. He just landed Arroyo and Brantley and has ties to MNW. Hartley is not going to give up an on field position at Georgia to come back to Miami to be off the field. You're not wrong but some of what you are saying undercuts the rest. They need to find a Lashlee for the defense, give him autonomy, and let Manny be a CEO and learn how to run a program. But boy would it be nice in McGriff or Robinson were part of it.

Wishful thinking on Hartley I will admit. Personally I liked him being on our squad he had ties to Jacksonville they have good players there.

Even if him being a former player has given him more leeway, thats long gone. Idc if he was my son, I couldn’t even defend him at this point.

You have that approach because you're thinking logically and setting aside bias. I like Rumph since he was a former Cane, but it's just not working, regardless of what the circumstances look like behind the scenes. No other position group on the team is having this problem, but CB.

This is why I don't want to see Ed Reed coaching in college for Miami. At some point, this fanbase would turn on him.

You have that approach because you're thinking logically and setting aside bias. I like Rumph since he was a former Cane, but it's just not working, regardless of what the circumstances look like behind the scenes. No other position group on the team is having this problem, but CB.

This is why I don't want to see Ed Reed coaching in college for Miami. At some point, this fanbase would turn on him.
Some of them would turn on him the minute it's announced.

Advertisement
By replacing him and the entire defensive staff at this point and hiring a legit, independent DC.

Sorry, it’s really time for everyone to move on, including Mike. I hope he gets a fresh start as well and does well in a different system where he can recruit who and what he wants.
That includes Manny, he has his fingerprint on the whole defense. But for reasons already stated, its not happening.

It's time to start over. The current environment is too toxic, radioactive even.

Advertisement
I love how the narrative about Rumph is that its not his fault and its someone else's fault.

Does this nonsense go on anywhere else in the country?
No and it wouldn't here if his name was Joe Smith who played in college anywhere but Miami.

I love how the narrative about Rumph is that its not his fault and its someone else's fault.
That's not the narrative. He certainly a part of it. But he's not the sole reason (as most claim). Everyone has a part, and the main culprit is the HC. You half to get at the root, until he goes, nothing changes.
Does this nonsense go on anywhere else in the country?
In a word yes. Mostly at programs with expectations beyond collecting their conference TV money. Look at Bama before Saban (how did they treat Shula), Clemson before Swinney (how did they treat Bowden), GA (how did they treat Richt). Orgeron got a pass this year, but vultures are already circling. Watch what happens if he repeat results. Watch how fast the sexual harassment allegation's disappear if LSU does well.

Advertisement
That's not the narrative. He certainly a part of it. But he's not the sole reason (as most claim). Everyone has a part, and the main culprit is the HC. You half to get at the root, until he goes, nothing changes.

In a word yes. Mostly at programs with expectations beyond collecting their conference TV money. Look at Bama before Saban (how did they treat Shula), Clemson before Swinney (how did they treat Bowden), GA (how did they treat Richt). Orgeron got a pass this year, but vultures are already circling. Watch what happens if he repeat results. Watch how fast the sexual harassment allegation's disappear if LSU does well.

No one created these narratives for Stacy Searles or Craig Kuligowski.

Everyone understands Manny Diaz is not the guy...but the discussion on Rumph being deflected to someone else is some nonsense that is not being applied to anyone else. On the same staff...Patke and Baker don't have these same narratives created around them and they don't recruit for **** either. We also do not have the lack of numbers and recruits/commitments at any other position.

Rumph is credited for 1 recruit (Malik Curtis) at a position of need where he can credibly sell early playing time. There was smoke he was gone last year. I can't envision him on the staff next season. Time for both sides to move on.

Advertisement
It all started with know-nothing fans bashing the corner play because they don't have a clue about proper technique. Then it ballooned with the recruiting problems.

Totally. You should believe everything you read on internet message boards. A former national championship winning player bashed his alma mater so bad that they offered him a job and he took it.

Because that makes sense.
2 different coaching regimes. It’s definitely true.

Advertisement
Back