Mike rumph perception

screen003

Recruit
I have relatives that play and coach on south Florida high school teams and those kids and coaches hear and read the negatives about rumph. Some coaches even post on message boards themselves. I don’t know how manny can change the perception if rumph isnt fired but the optics look bad and these kids hear the negativity. That’s not to say some kids won’t come play corner for UM anyway but the big time guys that have offers from other high profile programs will choose those other DB coaches just based off perception of how bad they hear about rumph. It’s sucks for us canes fans but these kids hear the noise and read the comments so why would they want to be attached to a coach that the fan base thinks needs to be replaced. Just thought I would share but how does manny continue to recruit against the big schools with rumph having such a awful perception surrounding him?

Advertisement
... how does manny continue to recruit against the big schools with rumph having such a awful perception surrounding him?
By replacing him and the entire defensive staff at this point and hiring a legit, independent DC.

Sorry, it’s really time for everyone to move on, including Mike. I hope he gets a fresh start as well and does well in a different system where he can recruit who and what he wants.

I have relatives that play and coach on south Florida high school teams and those kids and coaches hear and read the negatives about rumph. Some coaches even post on message boards themselves. I don’t know how manny can change the perception if rumph isnt fired but the optics look bad and these kids hear the negativity. That’s not to say some kids won’t come play corner for UM anyway but the big time guys that have offers from other high profile programs will choose those other DB coaches just based off perception of how bad they hear about rumph. It’s sucks for us canes fans but these kids hear the noise and read the comments so why would they want to be attached to a coach that the fan base thinks needs to be replaced. Just thought I would share but how does manny continue to recruit against the big schools with rumph having such a awful perception surrounding him?
Sounds like it's time for eeryone to move on.

Advertisement
Smh and when he coached at heritage he talked so much crap about UM. Let’s see if he reverts back when he finally gets fired one day before 2030.
He didn't want to send kids to UM when he coached at Heritage, and he doesn't want to recruit kids to UM when he coaches at UM. So the only real question is, would he recommend a kid go to Heritage?

He didn't want to send kids to UM when he coached at Heritage, and he doesn't want to recruit kids to UM when he coaches at UM. So the only real question is, would he recommend a kid go to Heritage?
This is why when I hear let (insert former UM player) coach here we would get everyone. Guys that are old or new school savages aint kissing no kids *** and u need to kiss *** to recruit at a top level.

What’s his deal

Advertisement
This is why when I hear let (insert former UM player) coach here we would get everyone. Guys that are old or new school savages aint kissing no kids *** and u need to kiss *** to recruit at a top level.
People just need to get their head around leadership begins at the top.

It's not 'who's your cb corch'. That may help now and then, here and there. But what really matters is, is your program right. Get that right and a decent recruiter will get the job done and a great recruiter will clean up. Get the leadership wrong and a great recruiter will still run out of cred in 2 years.

I mostly agree with you on your comment also, except I'd love to see Ed Reed and Ray Lewis do in-homes. I realize it ain't gone happen but **** it would be nice to see.

By replacing him and the entire defensive staff at this point and hiring a legit, independent DC.

Sorry, it’s really time for everyone to move on, including Mike. I hope he gets a fresh start as well and does well in a different system where he can recruit who and what he wants.

he'd have to recruit. i dont buy that **** where he cant recruit anyone

he'd have to recruit. i dont buy that **** where he cant recruit anyone
It’s not entirely accurate and I don’t either. I do believe that they limit who he recruits. But I also believe that they give him targets that they want and he fails to get them.

So like I said. Hopefully he can go to a place where he can recruit who and what he wants. Then there’s no excuses.

Advertisement
People just need to get their head around leadership begins at the top.

It's not 'who's your cb corch'. That may help now and then, here and there. But what really matters is, is your program right. Get that right and a decent recruiter will get the job done and a great recruiter will clean up. Get the leadership wrong and a great recruiter will still run out of cred in 2 years.

I mostly agree with you on your comment also, except I'd love to see Ed Reed and Ray Lewis do in-homes. I realize it ain't gone happen but **** it would be nice to see.
I dont my memory of them be terrible if they fail, dude no one likes Rumph now lol

Advertisement

Been saying the same for years, especially in relation to Reed. He's not gonna put up with the prima donna BS.

Advertisement
Back