Mike rumph perception

Advertisement
By replacing him and the entire defensive staff at this point and hiring a legit, independent DC.

Sorry, it’s really time for everyone to move on, including Mike. I hope he gets a fresh start as well and does well in a different system where he can recruit who and what he wants.
I agree. We know this defense by now. It beats up and collects stats on bad teams. Any time it faces an above average team it looks lost.

Last edited:
Remember when Coach Kool didn't get a long with Manny Weak***? Oh and his Lil Defensive Posse that allows 700yrds rushing? Yeah I remember that as well, so if they don't like Rumph I'm not surprised.

Fiction was there even when Richt was here. Manny let Kool and Hartley go...

Freaking idiot.

Relly you’re way too smart to believe that horse**** bro...

There is no Grand conspiracy against Mike & there is no “clique”, he’s not good at his job it’s that simple, no matter what anybody tries to say or how much they make excuses or spin, the man can’t recruit, he just can’t & it ain’t nobody’s fault but his own.

You ever wonder why you never hear shît like that about Hickson?? Because Hickson can recruit & is good at his job.

It’s a performance based meritocracy, there shouldn’t be any coach on staff that has to have his hand held.

Baker, Rumph & Patke are our 3 worst recruiters, it’s not up for debate & there’s no secret story behind the scenes about it, they just simply suck, that’s all it is lol.
Louder for the ignorant folks who want to live in some la la land and blame bags for everything

even though hickson went into Deerfield and took Rooster and stacked chips with Chaney

banda has been taking the best safety on the board (and in state) in back to back classes

stroud (who i wouldn’t mind replacing and getting him an off field role) nabbed LT... a 5 star DT.. number 1 at his position and in state regardless of position... When’s the last time we could say that

Fields pulled a very nice TE right from under “bag school” Texas AM that Jimbo really wanted

Oh and Lashlee decides to grab the best (on paper) blue chip QB recruit we’ve signed in over a decade plus

Miss me with the BS and realize that yes we will lose some kids but when you have good recruiters and developers of talent these issues seem to disappear or goal posts

Advertisement
Can we snag Travaris Robinson from SC if Shane Beamer doesn't want to keep him?

Dude is listed as a DC and DB coach and also runs a 4-3 defense with multiple schemes. Also from Miami too. Literally addresses most of our issues with the defense.

If Diaz does not want someone too qualified can we at least get Travis Fisher? Dude can at least recruit compared to Rumph.

Treat them like a new born baby when recruiting them and then coach them like a red headed step child when they arrive. That is how you get and develop GOOD players. Just a thought.

As we celebrate a new Rumph thread. Has anybody watched this defense this past season?

We could recruit every top player in the country and every game it would look like the 1st time they put pads on.

The 3 best players on defense were all transfers. So who the **** is the master recruiter on that side of the ball.

Every coach on that side of the ball should be fired and this should be Diaz last chance to get it right or he is fired.

Relly you’re way too smart to believe that horse**** bro...

There is no Grand conspiracy against Mike & there is no “clique”, he’s not good at his job it’s that simple, no matter what anybody tries to say or how much they make excuses or spin, the man can’t recruit, he just can’t & it ain’t nobody’s fault but his own.

You ever wonder why you never hear shît like that about Hickson?? Because Hickson can recruit & is good at his job.

It’s a performance based meritocracy, there shouldn’t be any coach on staff that has to have his hand held.

Baker, Rumph & Patke are our 3 worst recruiters, it’s not up for debate & there’s no secret story behind the scenes about it, they just simply suck, that’s all it is lol.
This is why I'm against bringing in former Canes as coaches. You have a contingent of fans that make any excuse for Rumph. If Rumph had never played for UM, you'd have a universal agreement that based on the development of our players, mixed in with the talent (or lackthereof) that Rumph brings in annually. That the general consensus is that it's not working out.

No matter what's going on whether it's Rumph purely failing on his own, or a combo of Manny/Banda handcuffing Rumph with recruiting, it doesn't matter. I've said it before and will say it again - if Rumph sees that he's in a position that he can't succeed because of Diaz, then move on to another position at a different school.

Last edited:
Advertisement
As we celebrate a new Rumph thread. Has anybody watched this defense this past season?

We could recruit every top player in the country and every game it would look like the 1st time they put pads on.

The 3 best players on defense were all transfers. So who the **** is the master recruiter on that side of the ball.

Every coach on that side of the ball should be fired and this should be Diaz last chance to get it right or he is fired.

Only correction I would add here is that it's more development than recruiting (maybe this falls more in-line with talent evaluation).

The scheme certainly doesn't do favors either if you're playing in the back 7. If you're a defensive linemen, you'll eat. But, as UNC pointed out, it's a scheme that is flawed (to put it lightly).

Don't forget to add Manny right behind him. His recruiting record tell it all. Don't forget Banda hasn't developed one Safety since being here. His best Safety is a guy from USC. His last two good Safeties were Golden Players. So Miami definitely needs to reshuffle the deck. Fire Rumph, Patke, and Baker. Demote Banda to an off the Field Position where he focus on recruiting not developing. Fire Manny if he doesn't want to bring in a DC.

Simple.

Wildcard see if Kool, Hartley, and Barrow want anything to do with the program.

That's my Ted Talk
Complain about recruiting, want to bring back Kool. Hartley was an offensive guy, not defensive. Some of what you're saying is not wrong, but you lost the plot.

This is why I'm against being in former Canes as coaches. You have a contingent of fans that make any excuse for Rumph. If Rumph had never played for UM, you'd have a universal agreement that based on the development of our players, mixed in with the talent (or lackthereof) that Rumph brings in annually. That the general consensus is that it's not working out.

No matter what's going on whether it's Rumph purely failing on his own, or a combo of Manny/Banda handcuffing Rumph with recruiting, it doesn't matter. I've said it before and will say it again - if Rumph sees that he's in a position that he can't succeed because of Diaz, then move on to another position at a different school.

Even if him being a former player has given him more leeway, thats long gone. Idc if he was my son, I couldn’t even defend him at this point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Complain about recruiting, want to bring back Kool. Hartley was an offensive guy, not defensive. Some of what you're saying is not wrong, but you lost the plot.

I mean you have 4 Defensive guys who can't recruit lol. I would rather have one who can actually develop his players. Tell me who you like, and send a hitter like Hartley/Banda to go get them. Make them Off the Field Coaches. I wouldn't mind bringing in Hartley TEs were still good under him. Every side of the ball should be allowed 1 guy who can't recruit... But he better be a **** good coach. Coach Kool was that... Manny didn’t like him, so he canned him. Now we have Stroud...

700yards later.

I mean you have 4 Defensive guys who can't recruit lol. I would rather have one who can actually develop his players. Tell me who you like, and send a hitter like Hartley/Banda to go get them. Make them Off the Field Coaches. I wouldn't mind bringing in Hartley TEs were still good under him. Every side of the ball should be allowed 1 guy who can't recruit... But he better be a **** good coach. Coach Kool was that... Manny didn’t like him, so he canned him. Now we have Stroud...

700yards later.
You have Field at TE who is a good recruiter. He just landed Arroyo and Brantley and has ties to MNW. Hartley is not going to give up an on field position at Georgia to come back to Miami to be off the field. You're not wrong but some of what you are saying undercuts the rest. They need to find a Lashlee for the defense, give him autonomy, and let Manny be a CEO and learn how to run a program. But boy would it be nice in McGriff or Robinson were part of it.

Louder for the ignorant folks who want to live in some la la land and blame bags for everything

even though hickson went into Deerfield and took Rooster and stacked chips with Chaney

banda has been taking the best safety on the board (and in state) in back to back classes

stroud (who i wouldn’t mind replacing and getting him an off field role) nabbed LT... a 5 star DT.. number 1 at his position and in state regardless of position... When’s the last time we could say that

Fields pulled a very nice TE right from under “bag school” Texas AM that Jimbo really wanted

Oh and Lashlee decides to grab the best (on paper) blue chip QB recruit we’ve signed in over a decade plus

Miss me with the BS and realize that yes we will lose some kids but when you have good recruiters and developers of talent these issues seem to disappear or goal posts
Hickson didn’t get chaney. Hickson basically had just got hired when chaney committed

Advertisement
You have Field at TE who is a good recruiter. He just landed Arroyo and Brantley and has ties to MNW. Hartley is not going to give up an on field position at Georgia to come back to Miami to be off the field. You're not wrong but some of what you are saying undercuts the rest. They need to find a Lashlee for the defense, give him autonomy, and let Manny be a CEO and learn how to run a program. But boy would it be nice in McGriff or Robinson were part of it.
. Kool was interviewing for jobs the entire time he was at Miami and didn't want to recruit either. Kul thought he was getting the Tampa Bay job and didn't and both sides aside essentially parted ways

. Kool was interviewing for jobs the entire time he was at Miami and didn't want to recruit either. Kul thought he was getting the Tampa Bay job and didn't and both sides aside essentially parted ways
Even Saban didn't want to keep him and they have a team of 300 to text recruits and pretend like they are Kool.

Can we snag Travaris Robinson from SC if Shane Beamer doesn't want to keep him?

Dude is listed as a DC and DB coach and also runs a 4-3 defense with multiple schemes. Also from Miami too. Literally addresses most of our issues with the defense.

If Diaz does not want someone too qualified can we at least get Travis Fisher? Dude can at least recruit compared to Rumph.

he isn't qualified to be a DC (T-rob). he sucked as one. if were getting champ, then sure, but not t rob as DC. absolutely not. id bring him in as a DB Coach

Advertisement
Back