Mike rumph on Miami's new approach

Of course recruits like golden. He's a used car salesman. But once you buy the lemon, you realize you hate him and made a poor decision. As has been attested by dukes mom and others with inside info.

So yes, recruits like him until they play for him and then the truth comes out.

duke's mom will never have to work a dad again in her life thanks to his coach. He got stronger, faster, and learned to catch out of the backfield and block better.
Duke's mom is right about players being unhappy but in almost every big game her son fumbled when the game was close so i think someone like tracy's mom has more of a gripe because her son hasn't been used right.

Just to get this straight. All of our big game losses are Duke's fault?

Jesus weeping on a f****ng unicycle.

no the kid single handily carried us his soph year. but in nebraska and fsu he had big fumbles when game was close. Does the staff or ice not get credit for his physical and skills improvement over 3 years?

what players are saying is relevant because they are basically saying Franklin couldnt coach. how do u have someone here for 4 years who can't coach?

Duke didn't fumble against FSU. He fumbled against UVA and South Carolina. Those weren't big games. The season was already over.

Advertisement
Fire Al Golden! No one is buying his bs anymore.

Haters can ruin even the best wet dream. The guy is doing something right for a change, and the class looks incredible right now. Does every post have to turn negative?

Seriously? I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the replies on this thread this morning. I had no idea there were this many slurpers left.

This is definitely not where I parked my car

This crap happens every single year for the last decade. We look like complete ***** on the field then during the off season the chinstrap tailgaters and the mentally deficient among our ranks come out in full force. Complete with rainbows and unicorns they try and pump as much sunshine up our rectums as possible.

It's been even worse with Gorlden at the helm. For some reason Miami fans have the biggest percentage of mental midgets in all the land. Which is sad because 9 games should be our teams floor every single season. But when your fan base doesn't insist upon it it won't happen.

I think the majority of the slurper brigade is from the younger generation that never got to live the paradise that is the Canes in all their glory. They just have no f****ng clue what it feels like to be completely and totally DOMINANT!

Carry on you schleps. Enjoy your Gorlden god/false idol.

this thread was about recruiting. its started with people asserting recruits and players hate golden both of which are largely incorrect. no one is saying the guy is a great coach or we run a great scheme. his weakness is game day coaching and scheme. imo he should be long gone and butch should be our coach but the point of this thread was not EVERYTHING that is wrong with golden.

Of course recruits like golden. He's a used car salesman. But once you buy the lemon, you realize you hate him and made a poor decision. As has been attested by dukes mom and others with inside info.

duke's mom will never have to work a dad again in her life thanks to his coach. He got stronger, faster, and learned to catch out of the backfield and block better.
Duke's mom is right about players being unhappy but in almost every big game her son fumbled when the game was close so i think someone like tracy's mom has more of a gripe because her son hasn't been used right.

no the kid single handily carried us his soph year. but in nebraska and fsu he had big fumbles when game was close. Does the staff or ice not get credit for his physical and skills improvement over 3 years?

what players are saying is relevant because they are basically saying Franklin couldnt coach. how do u have someone here for 4 years who can't coach?

What I'm saying is that what the players "say" means nothing. What happens on the field is everything.

You can't throw the players and the corches both under the bus in the same thread. It's moronic.

What I'm saying is that what the players "say" means nothing. What happens on the field is everything.

You can't throw the players and the corches both under the bus in the same thread. It's moronic.

Honestly, i just want him gone. I dont get how Butch Davis is available and on the cheap and we are playing a waiting game with this guy.
Half the same media who covers for Golden attacks Butch as a liar. Meanwhile its becoming clear they werent giving him what he wanted
because shalala was hoping to bring in barry alvarez. smh

i will say this. if butch was brought back. alot of high school coaches would steer their kids here. i know this for a fact. the kids dont remember his days but the coaches do and they know they would be sending their kids to play for one of the best developers of NFL talent there is.

Advertisement
i will say this. if butch was brought back. alot of high school coaches would steer their kids here. i know this for a fact. the kids dont remember his days but the coaches do and they know they would be sending their kids to play for one of the best developers of NFL talent there is.

That we can agree on. Anyone that knows anything about Butch want's him back at Miami except for those that have an unhealthy infatuation with Gorlden. And surprisingly enough there are a LOT of the latter.

Duke didn't fumble against FSU. He fumbled against UVA and South Carolina. Those weren't big games. The season was already over.

Can't fumble when you're not in the game. Just sayin'. The statement that Momma Duke is set for life obviously was made by someone that didn't see his Browns contract and doesnt pay taxes or acknowledge the presence of agents. Momma Duke better just keep her job until that second contract is signed- something that any rookie on the Browns should pray that they actually are healthy enough to see.

That we can agree on. Anyone that knows anything about Butch want's him back at Miami except for those that have an unhealthy infatuation with Gorlden. And surprisingly enough there are a LOT of the latter.

media types who call him and liar and an egomaniac. ego maniacs are crappy pro coaches but excel in college. Saban, Pitino, Calipari, etc.

Haters can ruin even the best wet dream. The guy is doing something right for a change, and the class looks incredible right now. Does every post have to turn negative?

Seriously? I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the replies on this thread this morning. I had no idea there were this many slurpers left.

This crap happens every single year for the last decade. We look like complete ***** on the field then during the off season the chinstrap tailgaters and the mentally deficient among our ranks come out in full force. Complete with rainbows and unicorns they try and pump as much sunshine up our rectums as possible.

It's been even worse with Gorlden at the helm. For some reason Miami fans have the biggest percentage of mental midgets in all the land. Which is sad because 9 games should be our teams floor every single season. But when your fan base doesn't insist upon it it won't happen.

I think the majority of the slurper brigade is from the younger generation that never got to live the paradise that is the Canes in all their glory. They just have no f****ng clue what it feels like to be completely and totally DOMINANT!

this thread was about recruiting. its started with people asserting recruits and players hate golden both of which are largely incorrect. no one is saying the guy is a great coach or we run a great scheme. his weakness is game day coaching and scheme. imo he should be long gone and butch should be our coach but the point of this thread was not EVERYTHING that is wrong with golden.

Thank you for a voice of reason. Also, for your sanity, put that poster on IGNORE.

Advertisement

Honestly, i just want him gone. I dont get how Butch Davis is available and on the cheap and we are playing a waiting game with this guy.
Half the same media who covers for Golden attacks Butch as a liar. Meanwhile its becoming clear they werent giving him what he wanted

Butch was being screwed on his contract, while Grohlden was M.I.A. while trying to run off to Penn State and they call Butch a liar??
LMAO.

#BRINGBACKBUTCH

so Folden had to be asked to recruit a local powerhouse school huh? not surprising.

I'll tell you right now the recruits like golden. I've talked to these guides on and off air. They like Golden. Mullins mom loves Golden

while true

it's like a used car salesmen, they'll learn

the hard way apparently

I agree. If the BOT members had the opportunity to better their personal business and increase revenues by $millions of dollars they would. The U could do that immediately by hiring Butch on the cheap. Recruiting would be twice as good as the 2016 class and we would win big games increasing revenues by Millions! I just don't get the commitment to Golden!

Advertisement

I agree. If the BOT members had the opportunity to better their personal business and increase revenues by $millions of dollars they would. The U could do that immediately by hiring Butch on the cheap. Recruiting would be twice as good as the 2016 class and we would win big games increasing revenues by Millions! I just don't get the commitment to Golden!

i think its because shalala and the ad lied to him. did they really want the coach of temple? i mean he did a great job there considering the circumstances but the bigger name coaches would have bailed on us.

i think its because shalala and the ad lied to him. did they really want the coach of temple? i mean he did a great job there considering the circumstances but the bigger name coaches would have bailed on us.
that makes too much sense

### Plantation American Heritage coach and former UM player Mike Rumph told WQAM in February that he met with Al Golden to express his concerns that UM coaches need to make themselves more visible at local schools, like he says Southeastern Conference coaches do.

And now? “It has been a 100 percent change,” Rumph told me Friday. “They are connecting with guys on Twitter, being around a lot more.”

He said receivers coach Kevin Beard, defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio and defensive line coach Randy Melvin have all come by his school this spring.

And on Sunday, UM hosts a seven-on-seven tournament involving 48 local high schools. The on-campus tournament begins at 10 a.m., runs all day and is open to the public.

Twitter: @flasportsbuzz

Stuff like this shouldn't have to be told to Golden. Everybody knows it's just common sense.

Advertisement
They don't like him..They Like Ice,Beard,Beaz and Hurlie. Golden has zero to do with this class.

Yes, of course. Every recruit that doesn't come here...it's because of Golden. Every recruit that DOES come here. It's NOT because of Golden. Every recruit that criticizes the staff, knows what they are talking about. Every recruit that says they love the staff and Golden...are lying or don't know what they are talking about.

its about winning. we blew the FSU game. if we win 10 games (which measn good coaching) kids will come.

Absolutely. The sanctions and last 10 years without winning has hurt recruiting. Not a dislike of Golden. There are a lot of recruits who think very highly of Golden. While he hasn't lived up to what he should have achieved by now, for the whiners to act as if every kid who doesn't come is because of Golden, and every kid who says he likes Golden is lying, is laughably stupid at best.

Congratulations, you're "that guy."

Yes, that guy who doesn't let girlish emotions like yours take charge over facts and reality. Bottom line is what I said is 100% fact, like it or not. There are many recruits that think quite highly of Golden, regardless of what you think of him.

Last edited:

You are confusing being pro Golden with being against the repetitive negativity in literally every thread. Two completely different things.

Exactly. They are too feeble-minded to understand the difference.

Nobody likes golden.

It's a good school and a brand name.

No streetwise 18 year old comes to UM over another favorite because of Alf Golden.

He's a paunchy, .500-career, red-faced, 1-23 against teams with less than 5 losses, good-for-nothing narcissist. Pull your **** together Brock.
I didn't do anything man lol. I just posted the item from the sports buzz on the Miami herald. I don't like golden let's be clear but do the recruits like him? Yes they do

No, they don't.

And the fact that you think they do speaks volumes about your judgement and gullibility

THe fact that you think you can speak for the recruits instead of letting them speak for themselves speaks volumes about your completely unearned ego.

So every single porster in this thread can pull an opinion out of their **** except for those whose opinion doesn't smell the same as yours?

GTFO with your infantile histrionics. Gorlden is a complete sham. I can't believe how m any of you fall for his charade.

In politics they say the voters get the government they deserve.

It would appear that in college football the fans get the corch they deserve as well.

No, infantile is you and the whiny-girl brigade pretending that you can speak for the recruits. Couldn't care less what your view of Golden is, or what my view of Golden is, or anyone else on this site's view of Golden is. The point being made is that many recruits do in fact think highly of Golden. Agree or disagree with them, that's irrelevant. You don't get to speak for them.

They are so rabid in their hatred, they can't even keep on track with a very simple train of thought. As you said, this was about recruiting and the recruits view of Golden. Bottom line, whether they agree with the recruits' views or not, many recruits think highly of Golden. That's a fact. Indisputable. They don't get to claim that they know the recruits' views better than what the recruits themselves are saying. But they are so mentally feeble and emotionally wrecked that they can't separate simple fact from their need to whine.

Advertisement
Back