Mike rumph on Miami's new approach

Nothing has changed.Golden is still running things.
You can definitely see it in the recruiting class IMO. More south Florida focused as it should have been. Then you get elite players from the other parts of the state with Allison and quarterman and Pinckney from northflorida. We may hate golden but some of these kids like him a lot to be honest

Haven't you learned NOT to judge a recruiting class this early? Golden is a fraud and each year a new group learns the lesson during the season and the ending class is far from what it was in June. Get ready for some Jersey coalshoverlers this fall.

Advertisement
American wine is like Kazakhstani wine, but not made from fermented horse urine.

Like Golden or not the despicable thing about it all is that the U is paying a $3 Million that after 4 years has to be told by a High School how to better recruit. Secondly, even more despicable, it's something as simple as being more visible at the local high schools! The fact that coaches from other states or 5+ hours away is more frequently seen at local high schools and events is clear evidence that you are not only failing to win games, but you're also failing at the most important aspect of your job- Recruiting! Detractors might say what about 2016 commits? We know how that ended with running back commits alone, see Alex Collins, Cronkrite, Williams and Scarlett. I'd say, one is they are not signed yet, two is there are just as many or more local top players he's "still" missing on and three is he's a proven loser on game day and against all teams in the top 20. That's not the resume of a $3 Million man.

I love my Canes regardless. Al Golden should be gone BECAUSE it took him too long to change. IMO
If these changes he FINALLY made yield positive results and he STAYS out of the way then him staying is cool. He's a GM type of head coach. But it seems like he doesn't know it and doesn't act the part at the right times. If he fired guys and made correct adjustments I would be ok with him long term... but timing is everything

Advertisement
I'll tell you right now the recruits like golden. I've talked to these guides on and off air. They like Golden. Mullins mom loves Golden

jermanie grace family loves him. Brad Kaaya's mom loves him. alot of them do. we have lost out on Db's because of williams. people hate him.
i spoke to a starter on defense last year after the bowl game and he said "man, this is crazy. i hope we dont lose coach. we dont want him gone."
Look i would love to have butch davis back but i think golden has recruited fairly well considering the conditions. i have told u i know of kids that liked
UM and went elsewhere because of sanctions .

Advertisement
I love my Canes regardless. Al Golden should be gone BECAUSE it took him too long to change. IMO
If these changes he FINALLY made yield positive results and he STAYS out of the way then him staying is cool. He's a GM type of head coach. But it seems like he doesn't know it and doesn't act the part at the right times. If he fired guys and made correct adjustments I would be ok with him long term... but timing is everything

once again. i agree 100%

You can definitely see it in the recruiting class IMO. More south Florida focused as it should have been. Then you get elite players from the other parts of the state with Allison and quarterman and Pinckney from northflorida. We may hate golden but some of these kids like him a lot to be honest

They don't like him..They Like Ice,Beard,Beaz and Hurlie. Golden has zero to do with this class.

Yes, of course. Every recruit that doesn't come here...it's because of Golden. Every recruit that DOES come here. It's NOT because of Golden. Every recruit that criticizes the staff, knows what they are talking about. Every recruit that says they love the staff and Golden...are lying or don't know what they are talking about.

Nobody likes golden.

It's a good school and a brand name.

No streetwise 18 year old comes to UM over another favorite because of Alf Golden.

He's a paunchy, .500-career, red-faced, 1-23 against teams with less than 5 losses, good-for-nothing narcissist. Pull your **** together Brock.
I didn't do anything man lol. I just posted the item from the sports buzz on the Miami herald. I don't like golden let's be clear but do the recruits like him? Yes they do

No, they don't.

And the fact that you think they do speaks volumes about your judgement and gullibility

THe fact that you think you can speak for the recruits instead of letting them speak for themselves speaks volumes about your completely unearned ego.

They don't like him..They Like Ice,Beard,Beaz and Hurlie. Golden has zero to do with this class.

Yes, of course. Every recruit that doesn't come here...it's because of Golden. Every recruit that DOES come here. It's NOT because of Golden. Every recruit that criticizes the staff, knows what they are talking about. Every recruit that says they love the staff and Golden...are lying or don't know what they are talking about.

its about winning. we blew the FSU game. if we win 10 games (which measn good coaching) kids will come.

Advertisement
Recruits like Golden that's a FACT... They commit based on results and I can tell u straight up we have lost a handful of elite recruit based on W's and L's, I haven't heard a single player dislike golden, disagree sure but they still like him a lot

its about winning. we blew the FSU game. if we win 10 games (which measn good coaching) kids will come.

Absolutely. The sanctions and last 10 years without winning has hurt recruiting. Not a dislike of Golden. There are a lot of recruits who think very highly of Golden. While he hasn't lived up to what he should have achieved by now, for the whiners to act as if every kid who doesn't come is because of Golden, and every kid who says he likes Golden is lying, is laughably stupid at best.

Absolutely. The sanctions and last 10 years without winning has hurt recruiting. Not a dislike of Golden. There are a lot of recruits who think very highly of Golden. While he hasn't lived up to what he should have achieved by now, for the whiners to act as if every kid who doesn't come is because of Golden, and every kid who says he likes Golden is lying, is laughably stupid at best.

we lost elite kids because of sanctions which no one wants to admit. we also lost because of record. Im tried of Devante Davis said they dont develop guys when we just had 7 guys drafted and 3 more who will make it as free agents. I'm tired of ALEX COLLINS when he had a shady high school coach.etc. We can't change the past. like i said, my dream is to have butch back but all we can do now is sit back and wait.

Advertisement
thanks Mike, but your best players are still decommiting, and your school still brings noone to UM, :ignore2:

Year 5 and we are now seeing these "changes." And people wonder why this program has fallen off the face of the earth.

Congratulations, you're "that guy."

Advertisement
Back