Mike rumph on Miami's new approach

brock

All-American
### Plantation American Heritage coach and former UM player Mike Rumph told WQAM in February that he met with Al Golden to express his concerns that UM coaches need to make themselves more visible at local schools, like he says Southeastern Conference coaches do.

And now? “It has been a 100 percent change,” Rumph told me Friday. “They are connecting with guys on Twitter, being around a lot more.”

He said receivers coach Kevin Beard, defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio and defensive line coach Randy Melvin have all come by his school this spring.

And on Sunday, UM hosts a seven-on-seven tournament involving 48 local high schools. The on-campus tournament begins at 10 a.m., runs all day and is open to the public.

Twitter: @flasportsbuzz

Advertisement
Nothing has changed.Golden is still running things.
You can definitely see it in the recruiting class IMO. More south Florida focused as it should have been. Then you get elite players from the other parts of the state with Allison and quarterman and Pinckney from northflorida. We may hate golden but some of these kids like him a lot to be honest

You can definitely see it in the recruiting class IMO. More south Florida focused as it should have been. Then you get elite players from the other parts of the state with Allison and quarterman and Pinckney from northflorida. We may hate golden but some of these kids like him a lot to be honest

They don't like him..They Like Ice,Beard,Beaz and Hurlie. Golden has zero to do with this class.

Advertisement

They don't like him..They Like Ice,Beard,Beaz and Hurlie. Golden has zero to do with this class.

thats not true. alot of people actually like Golden. the two weak recruiters were always franklin and williams. people really odnt like williams. maybe they should hire mike rumph to replace him. Btw, lets not act like the sanctions didnt hurt. all the sec schools were neg recruiting us

Nobody likes golden.

It's a good school and a brand name.

No streetwise 18 year old comes to UM over another favorite because of Alf Golden.

He's a paunchy, .500-career, red-faced, 1-23 against teams with less than 5 losses, good-for-nothing narcissist. Pull your **** together Brock.

Nobody likes golden.

No streetwise 18 year old comes to UM over another favorite because of Alf Golden.

He's a paunchy, .500-career, red-faced, 1-23 against teams with less than 5 losses, good-for-nothing narcissist. Pull your **** together Brock.

dude i never said he was a good coach. i wanted him and still want him gone more than anyone but there are people who buy his line of bullcrap. i know this for a fact.

Nobody likes golden.

dude i never said he was a good coach. i wanted him and still want him gone more than anyone but there are people who buy his line of bullcrap. i know this for a fact.

You're basically saying the roster is full of dupes and dunces.

I don't believe that. I think the brand has as much gravitas as Golden has fat-****ies, and any player appearing to buy into his **** is feigning humility. For which I don't blame them.

Advertisement
Nobody likes golden.

I didn't do anything man lol. I just posted the item from the sports buzz on the Miami herald. I don't like golden let's be clear but do the recruits like him? Yes they do

Nobody likes golden.

I didn't do anything man lol. I just posted the item from the sports buzz on the Miami herald. I don't like golden let's be clear but do the recruits like him? Yes they do

No, they don't.

And the fact that you think they do speaks volumes about your judgement and gullibility

It's real funny what happens when your job is on the line.... The good assistants know what is up. They are auditioning for jobs next year. That is why they are recruiting their balls off.

Nobody likes golden.

No, they don't.

And the fact that you think they do speaks volumes about your judgement and gullibility

Recruits dont like him, yet have committed to play for him... lol

Advertisement
Nobody likes golden.

No, they don't.

Recruits dont like him, yet have committed to play for him... lol

They committed because they heard butch Davis will be the next head coach.... lol.

It still sucks. Was told that UM has not been to coconut creek high which has 5 d1 players easily on their roster. Their principal is a UM Alumin.

I'll tell you right now the recruits like golden. I've talked to these guides on and off air. They like Golden. Mullins mom loves Golden

Advertisement
It still sucks. Was told that UM has not been to coconut creek high which has 5 d1 players easily on their roster. Their principal is a UM Alumin.

Maybe because they know what they are about...
This is not true thougg. Miami staff has been there several times

From 247sports 5/7/15
Wide receivers coach Kevin Beard visited Coconut Creek High School on Wednesday and their group of players that have a Miami offer

thats not true. alot of people actually like Golden. the two weak recruiters were always franklin and williams. people really odnt like williams. maybe they should hire mike rumph to replace him. Btw, lets not act like the sanctions didnt hurt. all the sec schools were neg recruiting us

7-6, 6-7 let's not act like that doesn't kill recruiting. No one wants to play for fat losers

Nobody likes golden.

You're basically saying the roster is full of dupes and dunces.

I don't believe that. I think the brand has as much gravitas as Golden has fat-****ies, and any player appearing to buy into his **** is feigning humility. For which I don't blame them.

You only believe what you want to believe because you're simple.

Nobody likes golden.

I can see kids liking him UNTIL the season starts each year. That is the pattern we have seen. When Al is talking everything is all good. It is when walking the walk starts that kids change their minds or lose interest. It is nice that he appears to have heard Mike and made some changes; had he heard the crys about Mark and his defense and made changes Al might be HC of an NFL team this year with a NC on his resume.

Advertisement
Back