Mike rumph on Miami's new approach

Fire Al Golden! No one is buying his bs anymore.

Haters can ruin even the best wet dream. The guy is doing something right for a change, and the class looks incredible right now. Does every post have to turn negative?

Seriously? I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the replies on this thread this morning. I had no idea there were this many slurpers left.

This is definitely not where I parked my car

Advertisement

Haters can ruin even the best wet dream. The guy is doing something right for a change, and the class looks incredible right now. Does every post have to turn negative?

Seriously? I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the replies on this thread this morning. I had no idea there were this many slurpers left.

You are confusing being pro Golden with being against the repetitive negativity in literally every thread. Two completely different things.

This just proves how full of BS Golden is.
This is what he has been saying that he has been doing since he got here.
Now all the sudden the thing he claimed to have been doing all along is something he just started doing.

Advertisement
we have lost more kids because of moron fans like on twitter than because of al golden. i dont like al golden but look how many kids said they couldnt have the negativity
my solution to the negativity would be fire golden but he didnt get fired. u guys forget your dealing with 17 and 18 year old kids.

we have lost more kids because of moron fans like on twitter than because of al golden. i dont like al golden but look how many kids said they couldnt have the negativity
my solution to the negativity would be fire golden but he didnt get fired. u guys forget your dealing with 17 and 18 year old kids.

this is actually true, this last cycle in particular a lot of kids didnt like all these people on twitter telling them not to come here

Like Golden or not the despicable thing about it all is that the U is paying a $3 Million that after 4 years has to be told by a High School how to better recruit. Secondly, even more despicable, it's something as simple as being more visible at the local high schools! The fact that coaches from other states or 5+ hours away is more frequently seen at local high schools and events is clear evidence that you are not only failing to win games, but you're also failing at the most important aspect of your job- Recruiting! Detractors might say what about 2016 commits? We know how that ended with running back commits alone, see Alex Collins, Cronkrite, Williams and Scarlett. I'd say, one is they are not signed yet, two is there are just as many or more local top players he's "still" missing on and three is he's a proven loser on game day and against all teams in the top 20. That's not the resume of a $3 Million man.

Everything you've said is true but it also begs to question as to what the **** Ice and Baez and crew are doing if in 2015 that a high school coach STILL is expressing these freakin' concerns to Alfredo. I'm not even necessarily blaming them as the buck stops with the Head Pasta Eater but I still can not fathom how you attempt to load your staff with these local high school coaches and freakin' attention to local high schools is still an issue. Either Alfredo is handcuffing these guys or they're playing favorites with where they're showing face- either way it's a joke.

In the end, nothing will change. Most of the kids he's recruited for 2016 will flip to the Gatah, the Noles, or *** after our 4-8 disaster of a season. Golden gets useless commits from these kids because he gets there first but never closes. He can't because he just plain sucks as a coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Of course recruits like golden. He's a used car salesman. But once you buy the lemon, you realize you hate him and made a poor decision. As has been attested by dukes mom and others with inside info players like golden before they get to school. Once there things seem to sour quickly.

So yes, recruits like him until they play for him and then the truth comes out.

Last edited:
Of course recruits like golden. He's a used car salesman. But once you buy the lemon, you realize you hate him and made a poor decision. As has been attested by dukes mom and others with inside info.

duke's mom will never have to work a dad again in her life thanks to his coach. He got stronger, faster, and learned to catch out of the backfield and block better.
Duke's mom is right about players being unhappy but in almost every big game her son fumbled when the game was close so i think someone like tracy's mom has more of a gripe because her son hasn't been used right.

I love my Canes regardless. Al Golden should be gone BECAUSE it took him too long to change. IMO
If these changes he FINALLY made yield positive results and he STAYS out of the way then him staying is cool. He's a GM type of head coach. But it seems like he doesn't know it and doesn't act the part at the right times. If he fired guys and made correct adjustments I would be ok with him long term... but timing is everything
He's not a GM type coach. He's assembled the worst coaching staff in the country (possibly). He can't fire Paul Williams and Dorito still has a job. He had to be told how to recruit south Florida in his 5th year on the job. His DC is referencing Temple players as to what kind of kid they want to recruit to Miami.

I can keep going, but please let's put the "he's a GM type head coach." to bed. I used to say the same but his track record clearly indicates otherwise.

Last edited:
Of course recruits like golden. He's a used car salesman. But once you buy the lemon, you realize you hate him and made a poor decision. As has been attested by dukes mom and others with inside info.

duke's mom will never have to work a dad again in her life thanks to his coach. He got stronger, faster, and learned to catch out of the backfield and block better.
Duke's mom is right about players being unhappy but in almost every big game her son fumbled when the game was close so i think someone like tracy's mom has more of a gripe because her son hasn't been used right.
Talking about fumbles when there is clearly a problem between golden and his players is ridiculous. There's a reason why Golden's players quit on him every single year he's been at Miami and it has nothing to do with dukes fumbles kaayas interceptions or missed tackles. There's a deeper fundamental issue

Advertisement
I love my Canes regardless. Al Golden should be gone BECAUSE it took him too long to change. IMO
If these changes he FINALLY made yield positive results and he STAYS out of the way then him staying is cool. He's a GM type of head coach. But it seems like he doesn't know it and doesn't act the part at the right times. If he fired guys and made correct adjustments I would be ok with him long term... but timing is everything
He's not a GM type coach. He's assembled the worst coaching staff in the country (possibly). He can't fire Paul Williams and Dorito still has a job. He had to be told how to recruit south Florida in his 5th year on the job. His DC is referencing Temple players as to what kind of kid they want to recruit to Miami.

I can keep going, but please let's put the "he's a GM type head coach." I used to say the same but his track record clearly indicates otherwise.

The "GM type" coach was always a myth as those guys almost always have a field general type guy on staff that you can say "that guy will be a head coach elsewhere someday". There's not a guy on his staff right now that'd even get a courtesy interview at a MAC school for an open HC position.

he is would probably be a better AD. what amazes me is i had a def player tell me "Coach Melvin is turning us into monsters. he is a great coach" another told me "man,he knows his stuff. he is great" wtf was franklin dong here? then again, every time i see a video of frnaklin he was yapping or clowning around, never coaching technique. i wasnt a fan of melvin hire but this might actually work .

Nobody likes golden.

It's a good school and a brand name.

No streetwise 18 year old comes to UM over another favorite because of Alf Golden.

He's a paunchy, .500-career, red-faced, 1-23 against teams with less than 5 losses, good-for-nothing narcissist. Pull your **** together Brock.
I didn't do anything man lol. I just posted the item from the sports buzz on the Miami herald. I don't like golden let's be clear but do the recruits like him? Yes they do

No, they don't.

And the fact that you think they do speaks volumes about your judgement and gullibility

THe fact that you think you can speak for the recruits instead of letting them speak for themselves speaks volumes about your completely unearned ego.

So every single porster in this thread can pull an opinion out of their **** except for those whose opinion doesn't smell the same as yours?

GTFO with your infantile histrionics. Gorlden is a complete sham. I can't believe how m any of you fall for his charade.

In politics they say the voters get the government they deserve.

It would appear that in college football the fans get the corch they deserve as well.

Advertisement
he is would probably be a better AD. what amazes me is i had a def player tell me "Coach Melvin is turning us into monsters. he is a great coach" another told me "man,he knows his stuff. he is great" wtf was franklin dong here? then again, every time i see a video of frnaklin he was yapping or clowning around, never coaching technique. i wasnt a fan of melvin hire but this might actually work .

What the players are saying about this corch or that one is completely irrelevant when it comes to wins on the field.

Just to get this straight. All of our big game losses are Duke's fault?

Jesus weeping on a f****ng unicycle.

Just to get this straight. All of our big game losses are Duke's fault?

Jesus weeping on a f****ng unicycle.

no the kid single handily carried us his soph year. but in nebraska and fsu he had big fumbles when game was close. Does the staff or ice not get credit for his physical and skills improvement over 3 years?

what players are saying is relevant because they are basically saying Franklin couldnt coach. how do u have someone here for 4 years who can't coach?

This crap happens every single year for the last decade. We look like complete ***** on the field then during the off season the chinstrap tailgaters and the mentally deficient among our ranks come out in full force. Complete with rainbows and unicorns they try and pump as much sunshine up our rectums as possible.

It's been even worse with Gorlden at the helm. For some reason Miami fans have the biggest percentage of mental midgets in all the land. Which is sad because 9 games should be our teams floor every single season. But when your fan base doesn't insist upon it it won't happen.

I think the majority of the slurper brigade is from the younger generation that never got to live the paradise that is the Canes in all their glory. They just have no f****ng clue what it feels like to be completely and totally DOMINANT!

Carry on you schleps. Enjoy your Gorlden god/false idol.

Advertisement
Back