Mike rumph on Miami's new approach

Some of y'all don't get it Coker, Shannon and Golden were instructed by the troll to recruit a different type of kid to Miami they were allowed one or two maybe kids but all in all this was done on purpose. There's a reason why the troll first year at Miami she flew on the plane with the football team to games. That was so she could get a feel for the type of kids we had here the lil ***** ain't dumb by a long shot. Don't believe it look at the type of kids we had on THE U 2 and look at the cream puffs we have now night and day we went from a team full of Alpha males to poodles

Advertisement
Haters can ruin even the best wet dream. The guy is doing something right for a change, and the class looks incredible right now. Does every post have to turn negative?

Seriously? I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the replies on this thread this morning. I had no idea there were this many slurpers left.

This is definitely not where I parked my car

This crap happens every single year for the last decade. We look like complete ***** on the field then during the off season the chinstrap tailgaters and the mentally deficient among our ranks come out in full force. Complete with rainbows and unicorns they try and pump as much sunshine up our rectums as possible.

It's been even worse with Gorlden at the helm. For some reason Miami fans have the biggest percentage of mental midgets in all the land. Which is sad because 9 games should be our teams floor every single season. But when your fan base doesn't insist upon it it won't happen.

I think the majority of the slurper brigade is from the younger generation that never got to live the paradise that is the Canes in all their glory. They just have no f****ng clue what it feels like to be completely and totally DOMINANT!

Carry on you schleps. Enjoy your Gorlden god/false idol.

this thread was about recruiting. its started with people asserting recruits and players hate golden both of which are largely incorrect. no one is saying the guy is a great coach or we run a great scheme. his weakness is game day coaching and scheme. imo he should be long gone and butch should be our coach but the point of this thread was not EVERYTHING that is wrong with golden.

They are so rabid in their hatred, they can't even keep on track with a very simple train of thought. As you said, this was about recruiting and the recruits view of Golden. Bottom line, whether they agree with the recruits' views or not, many recruits think highly of Golden. That's a fact. Indisputable. They don't get to claim that they know the recruits' views better than what the recruits themselves are saying. But they are so mentally feeble and emotionally wrecked that they can't separate simple fact from their need to whine.

I for you can believe that recruits like Golden. He is a very personable man and give an excellent impression. However, I suspect that if he was down here on a trip recruiting for Temple they would not remember the name of "that nice guy" who stopped by the school. Larry and Randy were nice guys too. JJ not so much. You listen the old players and everyone was scared to death of Butch. Young Don Shula was feared too. If you or your son are playing football JUST as a way to get a free education, I an see Al making a difference. But if you or your son has NFL hopes and dreams, you really don't care about "liking" a NC. You care about getting to NFL. There is a reason Al tends to lose a ton of the best recruits to a holes like Saban, Urban, and Dumbo and it is not because the recruits like them better. What the recruit "think" does not matter at all, it is what they "do" that matters. So you are right, we should not spend any time worrying about what they think because it doesn't matter.

Ahmmon Richard's quote pretty much sums up how many recruits feel about Golden...whether or not anyone else agrees with their feelings:

“I believe in Miami, I really think they’re going to change things around,” said Richards. “I really like Al Golden and I feel like they really do care about me.”

Ahmmon Richard's quote pretty much sums up how many recruits feel about Golden...whether or not anyone else agrees with their feelings:

“I believe in Miami, I really think they’re going to change things around,” said Richards. “I really like Al Golden and I feel like they really do care about me.”

:jordan:

Nothing has changed.Golden is still running things.
You can definitely see it in the recruiting class IMO. More south Florida focused as it should have been. Then you get elite players from the other parts of the state with Allison and quarterman and Pinckney from northflorida. We may hate golden but some of these kids like him a lot to be honest

Just like we saw in last year's recruiting class, right? Golden is such an ace recruiter, particularly in south Florida, we were able to land four of the top runningbacks in the state in Williams, Scarlett, Cronkrite, and Walton.

It's the same story - Miami gets off to a hot start in recruiting, fans praise Golden for adapting, then the class suffers and falls apart following poor season play.

We're at the point where fans are desperately trying to defend this guy by claiming he's "well liked." In the grand scheme of things, this means little, as recruits want to play for a winning program and for coaches that best utilize their talents above all else. It's no surprise that we've limped to the finish line on Signing Day recently.

This season's Signing Day will be just like the last - #SWAG16 will inevitably crumble after we go 4-8, we'll finish with none of our final targets, and Golden will start making excuses by referencing the hot start to #SWAG17 or whatever hashtag they come up with for that class. And the same fans here will eat that crap right up as a reason why Golden has adapted. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Advertisement

:jordan:

Laugh all you want. Doesn't change the fact that a lot of recruits do feel that way about Golden. Admitting that doesn't make one a "slurper" or mean that one thinks Golden is a great coach. But pretending that you can speak for the recruits instead of letting them speak for themselves does make one an egomaniac.

You can definitely see it in the recruiting class IMO. More south Florida focused as it should have been. Then you get elite players from the other parts of the state with Allison and quarterman and Pinckney from northflorida. We may hate golden but some of these kids like him a lot to be honest

Just like we saw in last year's recruiting class, right? Golden is such an ace recruiter, particularly in south Florida, we were able to land four of the top runningbacks in the state in Williams, Scarlett, Cronkrite, and Walton.

It's the same story - Miami gets off to a hot start in recruiting, fans praise Golden for adapting, then the class suffers and falls apart following poor season play.

We're at the point where fans are desperately trying to defend this guy by claiming he's "well liked." In the grand scheme of things, this means little, as recruits want to play for a winning program and for coaches that best utilize their talents above all else. It's no surprise that we've limped to the finish line on Signing Day recently.

This season's Signing Day will be just like the last - #SWAG16 will inevitably crumble after we go 4-8, we'll finish with none of our final targets, and Golden will start making excuses by referencing the hot start to #SWAG17 or whatever hashtag they come up with for that class. And the same fans here will eat that crap right up as a reason why Golden has adapted. Rinse and repeat.

Actually, if you could comprehend what you read beyond a 3rd grade level, you'd see how wrong you are. The person who initially made the statement is NOT a Golden supporter, and has been quite vocal about wanting Golden fired. But unlike you, he's not so screwed in the head that he thinks he can speak for the recruits, when many have very clearly and very openly stated their positive view of Golden. That YOU or anyone else doesn't like Golden doesn't change the facts of how many recruits feel. Acknowledging what the recruits themselves feel and say is not defending Golden or anyone else, it's living in reality.

first off, we prob landed the best all around RB in Walton. Cronkrite bailed because he felt with 4 rb's, he would be swiched to DB and not given a chance to compete. Scarlett is alex collins part too. i see him and cronkrite going back and forth about florida. its becoming clear that scarlet was secretly recruiting for florida and only decomitted because of kevin beard and the relationship they had. As far as Dexter Williams, he read all the rumors of golden being fired and it scared him. he wanted to play for golden because nobody likes him. aside from walton, i wanted williams the most and the fans, myself included get some of the blame for calling for goldens firing non-stop.

The worst part of it is that Golden was a looser with a losing record at Temple..Got hired for one good year..Blame your problems on the BOT and Donna-----It all started there...

Advertisement
first off, i think they hired him because if they lied to anyone else about NCAA they would have had options to leave. temple is in a war zone of a neighborhood so he loved the move to south florida.

second, in fariness temple was a horrible program. kids would turned them down to go 1-AA. they were lucky to win 2 games, kicked out of big east, and never had guys get to NFL. he had 7 wins and 9 wins his last two years and put benard, pierce, muhammed wilkerson, jaquan jarrett, terrence knighton, and rod streeter into the nfl.

first off, i think they hired him because if they lied to anyone else about NCAA they would have had options to leave. temple is in a war zone of a neighborhood so he loved the move to south florida.

second, in fariness temple was a horrible program. kids would turned them down to go 1-AA. they were lucky to win 2 games, kicked out of big east, and never had guys get to NFL. he had 7 wins and 9 wins his last two years and put benard, pierce, muhammed wilkerson, jaquan jarrett, terrence knighton, and rod streeter into the nfl.

Impressive resume.

He must be a really good coach.

Impressive resume.

imo he belongs at a mid-major but to think what he did at temple didnt get him respect from the coaching world, you are nuts.

Advertisement

Impressive resume.

imo he belongs at a mid-major but to think what he did at temple didnt get him respect from the coaching world, you are nuts.

In fact, at the time he was on every list of the "hot up and coming young coaches" in the country. That it turned out that he didn't live up to the hype doesn't change the past.

Advertisement
Coker, Shannon, and Golden are all bad coaches, but you are correct that they are a symptom of a problem that goes much deeper. #FiretheBOT

Some of y'all don't get it Coker, Shannon and Golden were instructed by the troll to recruit a different type of kid to Miami they were allowed one or two maybe kids but all in all this was done on purpose. There's a reason why the troll first year at Miami she flew on the plane with the football team to games. That was so she could get a feel for the type of kids we had here the lil ***** ain't dumb by a long shot. Don't believe it look at the type of kids we had on THE U 2 and look at the cream puffs we have now night and day we went from a team full of Alpha males to poodles

Of course recruits like golden. He's a used car salesman. But once you buy the lemon, you realize you hate him and made a poor decision. As has been attested by dukes mom and others with inside info.

So yes, recruits like him until they play for him and then the truth comes out.

duke's mom will never have to work a dad again in her life thanks to his coach. He got stronger, faster, and learned to catch out of the backfield and block better.
Duke's mom is right about players being unhappy but in almost every big game her son fumbled when the game was close so i think someone like tracy's mom has more of a gripe because her son hasn't been used right.
Talking about fumbles when there is clearly a problem between golden and his players is ridiculous. There's a reason why Golden's players quit on him every single year he's been at Miami and it has nothing to do with dukes fumbles kaayas interceptions or missed tackles. There's a deeper fundamental issue

Yes and that deeper issue is that Al Golden is soft and the players can walk all over him. He has no control over this team. Not tough enough himself to make a team tough.

These dumb mugs had Mike f**king Leach who was waiting to take a isshh on the NCAA...

mike leach had one good season at texas tech. he would have been an average coach nd a major headache

You sir know nothing about football. At the time Leach wouldve been the perfect hire.

1. His brand of football translates to the style of football that's being played in south florida

2. His I don't give a f**k attitude

3. We couldve gotten Leach for basically free

Advertisement
Back