Michigan State HC Mark Dantonio retires

Advertisement
Fickell would be dumb to leave Cin for Mich St. with violations. He just signed a QB that will dominate the AAC.

Advertisement
That's right. I forgot Miami didn't get Keyshawn Smith bc he couldn't get released from his LOI.

You are so pathetic. You think that your sarcastic comments make your earlier ignorance correct or excusable.

This is NOT the first time that you have cited this "rule" or "policy" being widespread, that as long as a university loses its coach, all the signees are free to leave. That is not the case.

A university may release any individual player from his LOI for any reason, but you have (on multiple occasions) spoken as if this practice is automatic or customary in a coaching chance scenario. That is not true.

Just close your ignorant mouth.

You are so pathetic. You think that your sarcastic comments make your earlier ignorance correct or excusable.

This is NOT the first time that you have cited this "rule" or "policy" being widespread, that as long as a university loses its coach, all the signees are free to leave. That is not the case.

A university may release any individual player from his LOI for any reason, but you have (on multiple occasions) spoken as if this practice is automatic or customary in a coaching chance scenario. That is not true.

Just close your ignorant mouth.
Did Keyshawn Smith get released from his LOI? I forget.

Golden and 5 other Lions assistants all got fired. There was a big housecleaning to save Matt Patricia.

Golden is with Cincinnati now.

Yup, we have a former head coach who’s now a position coach at a Group of 5 school. Let that sink in.

It’s like a triple demotion from being Miami head coach. From the Power 5 to the Group of 5, and not even being a coordinator, but being a position coRch.

And Golden was actually a fairly hot coaching prospect when we hired him. Both Tennessee and UCLA had shown interest in him, and he would have gained a power conference HC job sooner or later. He wasn’t somebody like Manny who no other power program would have given the time of day.
Not trying to defend Folden but he's with the Cincinnati Bengals, not the college.

Advertisement
Not trying to defend Folden but he's with the Cincinnati Bengals, not the college.

You’re right. I thought he was at U of C for some reason.

Still a little pathetic that he can’t get a coordinator job, while Randy can only get a coordinator job at the UCF level. (And that was after Randy spent years as a position coach after his Miami firing.)

Last edited:
Did Keyshawn Smith get released from his LOI? I forget.

You are an ignorant buffoon. These are YOUR statements:

"All of their players could get released from their LOI if requested"

and

"Usually anytime a coach leaves like that players get released from their LOI if they request to"

Both of those statements are untrue and inaccurate. VERY FEW players are ever released from their LOIs, for any reason. I'm not saying it NEVER happens, but you claiming that it is so common is just WRONG.

Just because you say something doesn't make it true. You are a bullsh!tter who then tries to spin things because ONE GUY got out of his LOI.

It's not very common. But you act as if it is a standard thing.

You are full of crap.

You were there during some very rough times. If you ever heard a kid on a bus driving by making fun of you for wearing pink (faded red) scrimmage jerseys, it was me and Id like to say I'm sorry.
You got that wrong. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Toughest schedule in the country, playing along incredible individuals (Don Smith, Gary Dunn, Eddie Edwards, Rubin Carter etc). Played against Joe Montana, Tony Dorsett and the list goes on & on. Nope, couldn't be prouder for being in the real action on Saturday so please feel sry for someone else. I simply wanted to reconnect w/ the individual who was in the picture.

Advertisement
Advertisement
At this point, I'll take whatever we can get.

We can get all prideful again when we are winning at least 10 games every year.
Oh I completely agree, but for us to be back, we need to beat teams at their best.

You got that wrong. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Toughest schedule in the country, playing along incredible individuals (Don Smith, Gary Dunn, Eddie Edwards, Rubin Carter etc). Played against Joe Montana, Tony Dorsett and the list goes on & on. Nope, couldn't be prouder for being in the real action on Saturday so please feel sry for someone else. I simply wanted to reconnect w/ the individual who was in the picture.
Not sorry for you at all. All I was saying is those were rough days for the program during the Selmer years. Football didn't get the attention it deserved. Talk of dropping football. All that sort of stuff.

I admire the fact that you were on the team.

The bonus is for past services. I don't have an opinion one way or another on D'Antonio and the type of person/coach he is. But, let me see a show of hands on how many of you in the same situation wouldn't have accepted the bonus.

I realize the timing looks bad, but I suspect he wasn't planning on retiring until the lawsuit moved forward. and he said ***** it. Not sure I blame him if he thinks the school no longer has his back.

Golden and 5 other Lions assistants all got fired. There was a big housecleaning to save Matt Patricia.

Golden is with Cincinnati now.

Yup, we have a former head coach who’s now a position coach at a Group of 5 school. Let that sink in.

It’s like a triple demotion from being Miami head coach. From the Power 5 to the Group of 5, and not even being a coordinator, but being a position coRch.

And Golden was actually a fairly hot coaching prospect when we hired him. Both Tennessee and UCLA had shown interest in him, and he would have gained a power conference HC job sooner or later. He wasn’t somebody like Manny who no other power program would have given the time of day.

Cincinnati Bengals. Golden is in the nfl.

Advertisement
Back