Michigan State HC Mark Dantonio retires

Advertisement
One of my favorite coaches ever...Was a machine from 11-17 beating teams that were either flat out better or perceived to be better than him.

Golden is already in state. He could hire Enos and as they say "Payback is a *****"

Golden and 5 other Lions assistants all got fired. There was a big housecleaning to save Matt Patricia.

Golden is with Cincinnati now.

Yup, we have a former head coach who’s now a position coach at a Group of 5 school. Let that sink in.

It’s like a triple demotion from being Miami head coach. From the Power 5 to the Group of 5, and not even being a coordinator, but being a position coRch.

And Golden was actually a fairly hot coaching prospect when we hired him. Both Tennessee and UCLA had shown interest in him, and he would have gained a power conference HC job sooner or later. He wasn’t somebody like Manny who no other power program would have given the time of day.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Meechigan State might be lucky to have a football program come this time next year if the allegations are true. NCAA has been wanting to drop a sledgehammer on someone to make an example ever since they blew the Miami investigation, but won't dare touch the sacred cows like Michigan, PSU, or Bama. MSU is the perfect school for Emmert to crush in order to show that the NCAA still has enforcement power.
True and if you rearrange the letters and drop the S, it is UM.

All of their players could get released from their LOI if requested so Manny needs to get on that. OL maybe or CB

Advertisement
Interesting part of the article:

When asked what he thought of Coach Manny Diaz, Dantonio responded, “Very little. I think of little. Mini Manny is fake news.

Now he wants a box for the sidelines to stand on. OK, it’s OK, there’s nothing wrong, you can be short. Why he should he get a box to stand on, OK? He wants a box for the sidelines. Why should he be entitled to that, really? Does that mean everyone else gets a box?”

Interesting part of the article:

When asked what he thought of Coach Manny Diaz, Dantonio responded, “Very little. I think of little. Mini Manny is fake news.

Now he wants a box for the sidelines to stand on. OK, it’s OK, there’s nothing wrong, you can be short. Why he should he get a box to stand on, OK? He wants a box for the sidelines. Why should he be entitled to that, really? Does that mean everyone else gets a box?”
Go visit Wuhan.

Advertisement
If already posted bad but the new being reported as a replacement is Luke Fickell. ****By replacement I mean next hire. Not acting coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back