Michigan State HC Mark Dantonio retires

With the soft schedule Canes have, 12-0 is the only expected result.

Can’t wait for the excuses to pour in as the season beats forward.

Advertisement

It sounds like Fickell may turn the job down. Cincy landed a 4 star WR commit last night after he spoke to Fickell.

It sounds like Fickell may turn the job down. Cincy landed a 4 star WR commit last night after he spoke to Fickell.

He should, Michigan is a talent desert.

Interesting part of the article:

When asked what he thought of Coach Manny Diaz, Dantonio responded, “Very little. I think of little. Mini Manny is fake news.

Now he wants a box for the sidelines to stand on. OK, it’s OK, there’s nothing wrong, you can be short. Why he should he get a box to stand on, OK? He wants a box for the sidelines. Why should he be entitled to that, really? Does that mean everyone else gets a box?”
s6f3d52op7v21.jpg

Advertisement
You got that wrong. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Toughest schedule in the country, playing along incredible individuals (Don Smith, Gary Dunn, Eddie Edwards, Rubin Carter etc). Played against Joe Montana, Tony Dorsett and the list goes on & on. Nope, couldn't be prouder for being in the real action on Saturday so please feel sry for someone else. I simply wanted to reconnect w/ the individual who was in the picture.

It's Larry Pfohl AKA Lex Luger. have no connection to him. He was just one of my favorite professional wrestlers when I was young.
AFI-Lex-Luger-2pic.jpg

Advertisement
12-0 only?

Ok.

Cognitive dissonance bro.

A. Manny is trash!

B. If we don't go undefeated in 2020 he should be fired!

These two ideas cannot possibly make sense in the same universe.

Either Manny is trash and we're destined to be mediocre again in 2020 OR...

Manny is in the 1% of coaches that can turn a 7-5 program into a national powerhouse in one season.

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle, but reality is an abstract concept to someone who believes anything but 12-0 is a failure.

Cognitive dissonance bro.

A. Manny is trash!

B. If we don't go undefeated in 2020 he should be fired!

These two ideas cannot possibly make sense in the same universe.

Either Manny is trash and we're destined to be mediocre again in 2020 OR...

Manny is in the 1% of coaches that can turn a 7-5 program into a national powerhouse in one season.

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle, but reality is an abstract concept to someone who believes anything but 12-0 is a failure.

The scedule next year is horrible.

12-2 (including the ACCG and bowl) is the minimum standard for me to think next year is a success.

And even that would only be a somewhat successful season. Not an extremely successful season.

All this BS about him taking the money before retiring is well, BS. If I knew for a fact that I would get 4.3 million dollars from my employer on a certain date, you're **** right I'm getting it. Every single person, except Mark Richt would do the same.

I think he suddenly decided to resign because of the NCAA stuff anyway. It seems that he was actually planning to return as of 1/15.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back