Michigan State game

Advertisement
I might take a road trip..............Does anyone know what it is like at a MSU game in late Sept?

The "this offseason is no different than last season" crowd is very myopic. Yes, last year Diaz thought he made a good hire at OC in Enos. But a lot of us threw up in our mouths when we heard Enos's name. I HATED the hire. We had been saying that Miami needed to move to a spread for a decade. You have all this speed in S Fl- why weren't we running a full throttle offense? Enos just ran a slightly more advanced version of Richt's terrible offense.

This year Diaz hired one of the best spread O OCs in CFB, and complimented the hire with an OL coach and WR coach that understand how the spread works. It is going to work better. I have no doubt about that.

Lets say you were building a race car and you pilfered a junk yard for a bunch of old parts. Everyone was telling you it wasnt going to work in modern racing, but you ran the numbers and knew that in the past cars had won lots of races using those parts. To no one's surprise, you got your doors blown off in a race. Embarrassed you decided to look at how modern race cars are built. Then you went online and bought bleeding edge technology specifically designed for your vehicle. It would be laughable and ridiculous if people said your car with modern tech was going to be no different than your car with parts from the 1990s.

I think the schedule sets up fairly well to get things rolling into Michigan State. If the Defense improves through experience and the offense maximizes the new scheme with our players we should be in the position to win this game, on the road against a Big 10 team.

Even cautious expectations have us in a spot to be undefeated after this game.

Problem is our fans either focus on last year as you pointed out or see spread offense and expect to start the season scoring 77 points a game.
We don't even need that many points to see a significant spike in scoring offense.

Enos had us at 25.7 points a game and ranked in the 90s. If we only improve our scoring average by 3 points we are in the 50s. I don't think we are going to win anything meaningful with Manny, but to think we wont make a gigantic leap forward with our offense next season with this qb, staff, and scheme is bizarre.

And on defense, we'll see a drop off for sure, but it won't be catastrophic.

My biggest ? mark is how quickly can the players on O pick up the new system. I think the D will be just as good as last year - maybe a little better - and if the O can pick it up, the D may benefit from that as well.

Temple and UAB will present some challenges, but at least we've got 3 games before MSU to get some bugs worked out.
The UAB game may be tougher than MSU. Don't sleep on UAB.

Advertisement
So what's the disconnect here?

All I see on this board is people fired up about Lashlee, transfers like King, and this recruiting class.

But when asked about our toughest game being a ****** Michigan State team it's back to terrible losses from last year. Make up your minds. You can't be excited about those things and then be cautious about Sparty. Because these things don't compute.
It's simple. It's like getting excited seeing quality ingredients given to a chef. The best meat, seafood just got caught off the nearby sea, freshest home grown organic vegetables and herbs, exotic spices and and all the kitchen equipment any chef needs. Then you remember the last meal that same chef cooked for you.

Tell me we don't roll these clowns.

We don’t roll these clowns.

Until further notice, we don’t roll anybody, with the exception of FCS teams.

The stench of the last few years, and the especially acute putrefaction of last year, do not go away in our minds. We roll no one until It’s been proven we can do it consistently.

Therefore, saying we’re going to roll Michigan State is absurd.

Advertisement
It's simple. It's like getting excited seeing quality ingredients given to a chef. The best meat, seafood just got caught off the nearby sea, freshest home grown organic vegetables and herbs, exotic spices and and all the kitchen equipment any chef needs. Then you remember the last meal that same chef cooked for you.
That analogy only works if you think Tate Martel, Jarren Williams, and Dan Enos are the same ingredients as King, Lashlee, and our new offense

We don’t roll these clowns.

Until further notice, we don’t roll anybody, with the exception of FCS teams.

The stench of the last few years, and the especially acute putrefaction of last year, do not go away in our minds. We roll no one until It’s been proven we can do it consistently.

Therefore, saying we’re going to roll Michigan State is absurd.
My face is permanently affixed to the CIS Mt. Rushmore of morose mother****ers, even I can see we are already better.

Advertisement

Diaz is the restaurant owner, not the chef. Last year he hired a chef who didn't wash his hands and his poo fingers gave a customer e-coli. Then Diaz fired the entire kitchen staff and hires Morimoto. I would not be concerned about poo fingers with a world-class chef.

We don't even need that many points to see a significant spike in scoring offense.

Enos had us at 25.7 points a game and ranked in the 90s. If we only improve our scoring average by 3 points we are in the 50s. I don't think we are going to win anything meaningful with Manny, but to think we wont make a gigantic leap forward with our offense next season with this qb, staff, and scheme is bizarre.

What makes you think we take a step back on D? Elite DE talent, above average DT’s, vet LB and a bunch of young athletic other ones, very good Safety group, above average corners and Rumph has shown he can improve guys dramatically year to year. I can’t see a step back D in my opinion

Advertisement
What makes you think we take a step back on D? Elite DE talent, above average DT’s, vet LB and a bunch of young athletic other ones, very good Safety group, above average corners and Rumph has shown he can improve guys dramatically year to year. I can’t see a step back D in my opinion
Because ****ting on Pinckney and Quarterman basically became a meme on this board, and I think some people underestimate how much we'll miss them next year. Losing Bandy hurts too.

I don't think it will be a dramatic drop off, but still noticeable.

King should make a difference. I'm really not that sold on Lashlee.

Advertisement
Back