Michigan State game

Advertisement
So, I'm excited about Lashlee and King. Think the Canes are going to be a lot better. But I don't know how they can be a double digit favorite going into any game against a power 5 opponent. Let's see them string some wins together before we get carried away. Been down this road too many times.
New QB new OC etc

they were double digit favorites going into a bunch of 2019 games too. 2018 was about as bad.

Tell me we don't roll these clowns.

B4E49A6C-BBCE-4C32-95E0-8044CC816CFA.jpeg

So what's the disconnect here?

All I see on this board is people fired up about Lashlee, transfers like King, and this recruiting class.

But when asked about our toughest game being a ****** Michigan State team it's back to terrible losses from last year. Make up your minds. You can't be excited about those things and then be cautious about Sparty. Because these things don't compute.

Advertisement
My biggest ? mark is how quickly can the players on O pick up the new system. I think the D will be just as good as last year - maybe a little better - and if the O can pick it up, the D may benefit from that as well.

Temple and UAB will present some challenges, but at least we've got 3 games before MSU to get some bugs worked out.

I've already booked my hotel room and flight. Just waiting to get the tickets when I can

Going too. One of the few Big and Slow Ten towns I haven't been to. In general, they're usually a great road trip experience.

Advertisement
Going too. One of the few Big and Slow Ten towns I haven't been to. In general, they're usually a great road trip experience.
What do you know about tailgaiting there. I called to get info from the athletic dept. about their lots and they said the big boosters basically get the good lots. I generally get a sprinter to tailgate with but was told that would have to go to the rv lot. The limo company I called said there were other places to tailgate other than school lots

Advertisement

All I see on this board is people fired up about Lashlee, transfers like King, and this recruiting class.

But when asked about our toughest game being a ****** Michigan State team it's back to terrible losses from last year. Make up your minds. You can't be excited about those things and then be cautious about Sparty. Because these things don't compute.
Battered wife syndrome. We keep telling everyone (and ourselves) he can change.. but the first time he comes home late from the bar, we go hiding in the closet.

Advertisement

Honestly, MSU tends to suck early in the season too. Add in a coaching change and losing Dantonio, who was the genius behind that defense, then I'm actually pretty confident in that game as a win.

I think the schedule sets up fairly well to get things rolling into Michigan State. If the Defense improves through experience and the offense maximizes the new scheme with our players we should be in the position to win this game, on the road against a Big 10 team.

Even cautious expectations have us in a spot to be undefeated after this game.

Problem is our fans either focus on last year as you pointed out or see spread offense and expect to start the season scoring 77 points a game.

Advertisement
Back