Michigan State game

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
This thread got me curious,

It's the toughest of our first six games, but they aren't even good.

On offense they return basically everyone but their terrible QB, and don't have anybody behind him. Their OL, RB, WR, and TE are all decent enough. They don't give up sacks, run the ball ok, and have some ok receivers. They just can't score and were worse than us at it.

On defense their front 7 is pretty good, especially the LB Simmons. They had almost as many sacks and turnovers as we did. They lost their top pass rusher, but their projected starting 4 are more than solid. They've got a good safety and CB coming back, but nothing special.

And their coach just retired, so when we play it will be against a new coaching staff and all the **** I just posted.

Tell me we don't roll these clowns.

Last edited:
Advertisement

On offense they return basically everyone but they're terrible QB, and don't have anybody behind him. They're OL, RB, WR, and TE are all decent enough. They don't give up sacks, run the ball ok, and have some ok receivers. They just can't score and were worse than us at it.

On defense their front 7 is pretty good, especially the LB Simmons. They had almost as many sacks and turnovers as we did. They lost their top pass rusher, but their projected starting 4 are more than solid. They've got a good safety and CB coming back, but nothing special.

And their coach just retired, so when we play it will be against a new coaching staff and all the **** I just posted.

Tell me don't roll these clowns.

We lost to FIU. I don't know what to expect from these guys anymore. I think spring will be a huge telling point. There was a lot of question marks coming out of the program last year with who was starting at QB and if they'll be able to put everything together before UF. We never got to a point before Game 1 where the staff publicly stated that the guys were ready until it was already game week. If the offense struggles (in scrimmages) to find the holes in a Manny Diaz defense that are full of opportunities, I won't be very optimistic. It helps a TON that we have a pre-season game this year at the very least.

Edit: Just double checked, we play Temple first and not Wagner like I thought.

Advertisement
We definitely should roll them, they don’t even have a coach. But the only thing our team has proven is any team can beat us on any day.
We lost to FIU. I don't know what to expect from these guys anymore. I think spring will be a huge telling point. There was a lot of question marks coming out of the program last year with who was starting at QB and if they'll be able to put everything together before UF. We never got to a point before Game 1 where the staff publicly stated that the guys were ready until it was already game week. If the offense struggles (in scrimmages) to find the holes in a Manny Diaz defense that are full of opportunities, I won't be very optimistic. It helps a TON that we have a pre-season game this year at the very least.

Edit: Just double checked, we play Temple first and not Wagner like I thought.
I get all that, but the FIU/LaTech bull**** shouldn't apply in week 5 of the following year. That **** shouldn't have happened in the first place, so if it's not rectified by then, moar billboards.

Last edited:

On offense they return basically everyone but their terrible QB, and don't have anybody behind him. Their OL, RB, WR, and TE are all decent enough. They don't give up sacks, run the ball ok, and have some ok receivers. They just can't score and were worse than us at it.

Tell me don't roll these clowns.
"They just can't score and were worse than us at it." So they score 35 to our 17?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean, none of you mother****ers are more negative/down on the program as me. But if the changes that have been made this offseason aren't good enough to make you expect to win this game against this team, then Manny needs to just be fired right now and get it over with.

It’s going to take a total meltdown of this program for this team not to win double digits next year.

It’s not like last year and the FIU flashbacks need to be no more relevant than the Notre Dame beat down.

Advertisement
If Lashlee does what we hope with the offense we may be a double digit favorite going into that game.

So, I'm excited about Lashlee and King. Think the Canes are going to be a lot better. But I don't know how they can be a double digit favorite going into any game against a power 5 opponent. Let's see them string some wins together before we get carried away. Been down this road too many times.

My Cane brothers and I are thinking about making this game our away game this year. Represent.

Advertisement
Back