Coaching Michigan hires first-ever Power Five female assistant

Advertisement
I am so sick of needing to celebrate "diversity" hires. Who gives a crap what color/***/preference you are. Can you do the job? Yes or no. Only question that needs asked.
The best person for the job should be it. I agree.

That said, however, this is also a unique situation in itself that deserves some celebration. We may discover that a ton of women, whom never had the opportunity before and had historical interest in coaching mens sports, are just as good if not better than some males in some situations. That isn’t just social progress but athletic progress, too.

It’ll be interesting to see how she does.

The best person for the job should be it. I agree.

That said, however, this is also a unique situation in itself that deserves some celebration. We may discover that a ton of women, whom never had the opportunity before and had historical interest in coaching mens sports, are just as good if not better than some males in some situations. That isn’t just social progress but athletic progress, too.

It’ll be interesting to see how she does.
I totally get your point, but we will never achieve true equality when everyone treats everything as special.

Advertisement
ezgif-1-a72abd0d089e.gif

Advertisement

The 5-foot-10 guard out of Belle Glade, Florida, was the only player to start in all 29 games this season for the Hoyas and led the team in minutes (35.3 per game), points (12.6) and 3-point shooting (83-for-232, 35.8%).

She is the sister of U-M senior defensive end Mike Morris.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back