Coaching Michigan hires first-ever Power Five female assistant

Advertisement
I wish her well in her future career.

Serious question: why QB’s?

What specific skill does she bring to this coaching role. Is it an actual on field role? I’m saying this as someone that actually hires women and thinks them equal to men in terms of the business world. (Actually women are generally better than men in some skills in the business world, This may be thought of as sexist or not, but they’re generally more empathetic and better communicators).

CIS is the perfect internet laboratory for toxicity.

Half of you are saying ignore diversity in hiring while the other half of you are joking about sandwiches and blow jobs.

If you don't see why this matters then just look around.
knight lot GIF

Hail Sir Genx--whitest of all knights and defender of all honours.

Advertisement
Kudos to UMich and Harbaugh. It's not just about the qualifications, it's about getting the best person for the job. And if you're looking for the best fit, sometimes, that means taking chances and thinking outside of the box. This is about giving somebody who from all of the accounts that I've read, is really passionate about learning more about our game (which we love, btw), a chance at the opportunity of a lifetime. Her passion for the position HAD to outweigh her lack of football knowledge, for Harbaugh to make this hire. This is an opportunity to work in an avenue that's historically been closed to women. This hire definitely matters. I'm interested to see how it goes.

Advertisement
Man, some of you are some crazy mofos.

If Mario had hired a woman that played basketball to help coach our QB’s, most of this board would have come after him with pitchforks and torches, and rightfully so.

This “woke” culture bullshyt is out of control. She has zero experience coaching QB’s, and doesn’t even come from a football background.

If you’re gonna hire a female, at least hire one that has played the game, and has a good understanding of how to make the players better.

The list of men who became good coaches but never played a down of HS or college football is pretty long.

She's a GA. Hired to grind and learn. What makes someone unqualified to be a GA?

If Mario hired a random dude we've never heard of who never played as a GA nobody would give a ****. Why? Because its a GA

Advertisement
I dont know her qualifications, but looking at her,, I know she has had a few forward passes thrown her way....I know I'd make a pass at her. Hopefully, she excells at the spread and likes to go deep.😇🤣

Advertisement
She is the sister of U-M senior defensive end Mike Morris.
Of course she is.

This is what everyone misses about collegiate and pro sports: there's always nepotism. Always. It sounds like a breakthrough hire until you look under the hood and realize someone is always related to a player, former player, coach, or administrator. There's always a connection. You cannot get your foot in the door unless you know someone.

She has no better qualifications to coach QBs than Jon Richt did, but we celebrate it as a breakthrough hire without realizing the underlying systemic "good ol' boys club" is the problem.

"It's a big club, and you ain't in it." - George Carlin

She's a grad assistant. That's where you get experience. She played basketball at BC and Georgetown, so she's seen how an athletic program works. Maybe she enjoy football more than basketball or some other sport and thought it worth pursuing her interest.

I wish the young lady well.

Advertisement
Back