Michael Irvin on his nephew committing to UT

No problem with what Mike said. Nothing he said absolved the coaches or gave excuses. Like a couple posters said "don't cut off your nose to spite your face."

Advertisement
No problem with what Mike said. Nothing he said absolved the coaches or gave excuses. Like a couple posters said "don't cut off your nose to spite your face."

10 ******* years of this schit and these stupid fvcks think we even have a face left to spite. LMFAO!

**** Michael Irvin. And any other former player who isn't actively lobbying the admin to fire Golden.

Theres enough Alumni football clout to get Folderino out of here if they band together. I have no patience for the political ******** who play it safe.

He should've said "My kin would NEVER play for a clown like that"

Sorry, but Michael Irvin is 1 million times more 'Cane than you and fellow "fans" like you will ever be. You're a bit irrelevant to be saying "**** Michael Irvin."

10 ******* years of this schit and these stupid fvcks think we even have a face left to spite. LMFAO!
Of course we do. This ain't rocket science. Bammer was basically irrelevant for 10 years before Satan. Same for OU before Stoops. Same for USC before Carroll. Same for LSU before Satan/Miles etc etc. Make a **** coaching change & we can be back in a heartbeat.

Anyone sending their child to play football for Miami under the current regime does not have their child's best interests at heart. Unless they are only coming for the degree, and even then it depends on their major.

If they are majoring in football this is the worst possible place to send your kid. Miami is the Auschwitz of college football. It's where dreams go to die.

I'm all for burning Golden at the stake but your comments are just plan wrong. Miami is going to have 11 guys leaving the program this year that will play on Sundays. Guys come to Miami b/c they get a shot at playing professionally regardless of who is coach. There are a ton of examples but just look at Sam Shields from Randy's years and Chase Ford from Al's.

Advertisement
All Golden had to do was go 8-5 with a nice roster and he'd be getting plenty of recruits right now.

lol @ always blaming the fans for recruiting misses. Fvck this program. Thank God Billy Corben exposed Shalala.

Corben exposed her. It's our job to humiliate her

And LMFAO at the excuse machine warming up.

The only thing worse than the CLOUD. The CROWD

You fcktards blaming fans realize you're providing this con artist with another excuse?

The reason recruits are running away is 6-7 in year 4.
Earth to the idiot Golden slurpers destroying the program!
That's the same reason the fans are running away and are ****ed off.

I'm astonished at just how deeply stupid people really are. Do these idiots ever even try to use their atrophied brains?

Blaming fans for recruiting? I don't remember anyone conjuring up that excuse for the black man. Nope. Randy was just a lazy black guy who abdicated his duties in recruiting his final season.

Now, all of a sudden, it's the fans' job to recruit for UM and to act like we're happy with the fat slobs ruining the program in order to try to trick some 17 year old kids into wasting their careers being corched by this idiot.

Do the brain dead twits blaming the fans realize UM holds the keys to fixing this impending recruiting nightmare? All they have to do is fire the obvious incompetent and make a great hire. Like perhaps the guy responsible for assembling the greatest collection of talent ever seen in college football?
No its not the fans job to recruit. .. but fans can help...by not harming..meaning if the fans demonize the staff so bad (believe you me...i understand your reasoning...the betterment of the program) but if you demonize him so bad...why would we allow are kids to go into the service for satan...we send our kids else where...now who's hurts??? Coaches still get paid..ACC keeps sending that check...the fans get hurt...Franchise you guys have more power than you realize...when i first came on this site the passion and loved received made me extremely happy with Shaq's choice...but i soon saw that passion in the hate displayed... i bet no one here wants to see Miami win as bad as me...I told Shaq if he went somewhere else and played UM i would cheer for him but would want the Canes to win... I pray that my influence doesn't send my child into a toxic vat... I do not allow Shaq on this site. . I'm thinking maybe I should...cause it is ultimately his decision and should be afforded the whole truth.

No one can expect a fanbase not to react harshly when they are put through what we are. Any other school, and there would have been changes. Literally ANY school.
Also, all this talk was an effort to fire him this year. It's not like we are in April and doing this. It was still a possibility that Golden could have been fired. But Now that he came out of the shadows it's impossible. So in a week or two, most of this hate will die down and reach another peak on NSD, before dying down by the end of February. None of this is surprising at all, and all of it is necessary. Obviously the BOT does not think there is a problem, so the fans need to show them that there is one. We tried to do that this week, and it kinda failed. But it would have been much worse if we had just been silent on the matter, because then the excuses never run out. We needed to show them we are tired of the BS. So I really believe it was a necessary evil. If we lose a couple recruits, I think it's completely on the BOT, James, and Golden. They wouldn't even fire one assistant, to show the fans they wanted progress. If we lose out of a recruit, it's their fault for backing the fan base into a corner.

And If I were in your situation, I would have him choose what school he likes best, even if the situation at the moment seems toxic. The most important thing IMO about choosing a college is if they will be happy there, regardless what the coaching situation is. I'd personally choose 3 schools no matter who the coach was because I like them so much (USC, Cal, and here). I'd make a top 3 without taking football into account. And just because it is toxic at the moment, doesn't mean it will remain that way. Plus, even with how bad it is, Miami players will always get their chance at the NFL.

**** Michael Irvin. And any other former player who isn't actively lobbying the admin to fire Golden.

Theres enough Alumni football clout to get Folderino out of here if they band together. I have no patience for the political ******** who play it safe.

Sorry, but Michael Irvin is 1 million times more 'Cane than you and fellow "fans" like you will ever be. You're a bit irrelevant to be saying "**** Michael Irvin."

No, im not.

Michael Irvin is a ***** who's too chicken **** to say "I'll never recommend anyone to play for Al Golden."

Don't give a **** how many internet high fives you got or what you think about me. Seriously **** Michael Irvin.

Let's see, Tracy Howard...5 star recruit, best corner back in the nation, taught to play 10 yrds off of people on a 3rd and 3...may not get drafted.

Deon Bush, 4 star recruit and number 6 safety in the nation, taught to play 15 yrds off the line on a 3rd and 3.

Jamal Carter, 4 star recruit and number 21 safty in the nation (built like a hybrid LB), passed over for a 5-10 unranked journeyman walk on safety.

Artie Burns, 4 star recruit and number 15 db in the nation (with literal track speed), taught to play 10 yrds off of people on 3rd and 3.

Corn Elder, 4 star recruit and number 7 ath in the nation, playing on an island instead of in the slot.

Yeah, it's the fans fault as to why we are bashing Al Golden. This dude is literally a kid in the candy store and chooses broccoli instead. smh

People (Golden Girls) also immediately assume he's talking about some ****ed off fans on Twitter. Many groups are talking shlt about Folden. Perhaps he was talking about Irvin's coaches? South Florida players? Kids already on the team that hate the staff? Other players being recruited by Miami?

Or maybe Folden was badmouthed by Irvin's teammate, Jordan Cronkrite, and his family, who, according to people around the situation, were extremely ****ed off by a lie Folden told and wants nothing to do with Miami now.

Again, you lose and people will turn on you. You lose and act like a liar and an a-hole, and you'll make a lot of enemies.

Advertisement

Is Michael Irvin more of a Cane that Phillip Buchanon or Joaquin Gonzalez?

https://twitter.com/michaelirvin88/status/552686571401383936

"@michaelirvin88: I said I wld stay away fr this. But cn u blame him? He lives n Miami & hears how peeps are killing the Coach."

Smh
I agree with Mike...You guys have to step back a view this from a parent/recruit/hs coach perspective... we have to have some faith in the staff in place in order for us to trust them with our kids..If i felt the same way as most poster here feel about Al Golden i would not consider sending Shaq... And I know that most of the Posters only want the best for UM by any means necessary. ..but don't cut off your nose to spite your face. .in other words don't run of recruits to save the program...

Preach man. Preach. Mike is on point.

Out of 128 FBS Schools (6-7) record is around 82nd

Talent is around 10 to 15

Coaching staff is therefore in the triple digits 100+ or lowest 20% in all of FBS to go 6-7 with Miami talent

Even somehow landing the #1 recruiting classes for 2015 & 2016, the lack of staff talent beginning with golden is so glaring, we're talking 7-5 on average

No, and I wouldn't say "**** Buchanon or **** Gonzalez" just because I disagree with them either. People have different views. But OrangeIdiot who posted as if he were somehow more knowledgeable and could just dismiss Irvin because Irvin doesn't have the same rabid views is laughable, given that OrangeIdiot is an utterly irrelevant nobody, and Irvin is...Irvin. Also, Irvin is commenting based on his direct knowledge of, and talking with, the recruit in question. So while you may not care about what impacts the rabid behavior may have, pretending that the effects don't exist, and just dismissing his comments, is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Advertisement

No, and I wouldn't say "**** Buchanon or **** Gonzalez" just because I disagree with them either. People have different views. But OrangeIdiot who posted as if he were somehow more knowledgeable and could just dismiss Irvin because Irvin doesn't have the same rabid views is laughable, given that OrangeIdiot is an utterly irrelevant nobody, and Irvin is...Irvin. Also, Irvin is commenting based on his direct knowledge of, and talking with, the recruit in question. So while you may not care about what impacts the rabid behavior may have, pretending that the effects don't exist, and just dismissing his comments, is ridiculous.

Myself and many others on this board have been to war so pussys like Irvin can speak their mind.

When theyre given the platform and they don't, I consider them chicken ****.

My opinion is useless. Michael Irvins isn't. That's my point.

Myself and many others on this board have been to war so pussys like Irvin can speak their mind.

Michael Irvin has a right to his opinion. Being chicken **** is thinking that you supposedly went to war so they can speak YOUR mind. Your the ***** for not being able to deal with someone having a different opinion than you do, and acting like an adult about it instead of a raving lunatic.

Yamma Yamma doesn't think so.

Advertisement

Michael Irvin has a right to his opinion. Being chicken **** is thinking that you supposedly went to war so they can speak YOUR mind. You're ehe ***** for not being able to deal with someone having a different opinion than you do, and acting like an adult about it instead of a raving lunatic.

Hes either a ***** and doing the program harm by not speaking his mind.

Or knows nothing about football by dancing around the issue, and/or supporting Golden.

You choose.

Michael Irvin has a significantly greater public footprint than P-Buch or Gonzo. He's got a career on NFLN to worry about. Expecting him to go ham on Golden simply isn't realistic, and calling him out for thus is pretty narrow-minded.

Michael Irvin has a significantly greater public footprint than P-Buch or Gonzo. He's got a career on NFLN to worry about. Expecting him to go ham on Golden simply isn't realistic, and calling him out for thus is pretty narrow-minded.

Its pretty narrow minded to think there would be repercussions for Tweeting "My kin will never play for Al Golden," which is all it would've took for him to do his part

Michael Irvin has a right to his opinion. Being chicken **** is thinking that you supposedly went to war so they can speak YOUR mind. You're ehe ***** for not being able to deal with someone having a different opinion than you do, and acting like an adult about it instead of a raving lunatic.

Hes either a ***** and doing the program harm by not speaking his mind.

Or knows nothing about football by dancing around the issue, and/or supporting Golden.

You choose.

Ah, of course. So he knows nothing or is a *****, and you (a nobody), know more than him and your opinion matters and his doesn't. Got it.

This shows the insanity of the "fans" like you. You think ex-player opinions are all-important...until you disagree with them, then suddenly those ex players are "pussies" or "know nothing about football."

Advertisement
Back