Miami's defensive staff vs the competition (Recruiting).

Advertisement
If you can't see that our defensive staff is green and practically "learning on the job" then you're just being a homer.
It would NOT be hard to recruit against these guys right now.

I think it can change, though.
One more season of our DB's snaggin' turnovers + a couple guys going high in the draft will help change the perception.

it's going to take guys like Mike Jackson and Quan and even Redwine to have monster years and get drafted in rounds 1-3; DB recruits have to consistently see positive results, unfortunately that takes time.

@Coach Macho is right. These kids just plain are not convinced that they can develop and win with our green coaches, and won’t be until we start playing and winning on an elite level.

I love our young coaches and the work they are putting in to these younger kids is starting to pay off, but right now it is what it is. Kids need to be convinced they can win here. These sophomores and juniors need to see guys they went to school with ball out for The U.

There’s a new podcast thread over on eye in the sky. Listen to it. Banda acknowledges this fact.
I didn't listen to the podcast, but there is a lot of validity to what you're saying. Banda acknowledging it is a good thing, but only thing he can do is continue to develop talent. Hope Redwine and Johnson ball out and Carter/Hall take next steps then he can add that to his coaching resume.

So after reading this entire thread I've learned that our green coaches are in fact green, that they don't suck but they kinda do and that Macho wants to give them some time.

Ohh the off season.

Advertisement
Agree that the coaches on D are green and learning on the job, but compared to others Saban and Smart left a lot to be desired developing DB’s. They contribute to a greater dominate system in college which gets them known and drafted high, but in the league more often than not they don’t live up the the hype. Its talked about all the time. Ohio St does a head and shoulders better job than Bama. It’s gonna take a few years to solidify that kinda rep here again at Miami.

@Coach Macho is right. These kids just plain are not convinced that they can develop and win with our green coaches, and won’t be until we start playing and winning on an elite level.

I love our young coaches and the work they are putting in to these younger kids is starting to pay off, but right now it is what it is. Kids need to be convinced they can win here. These sophomores and juniors need to see guys they went to school with ball out for The U.

There’s a new podcast thread over on eye in the sky. Listen to it. Banda acknowledges this fact.

It's not just the coaches.

The U has sucked for over 10 years......

We haven't finished in the top 10 since 2005!

Richt must build a winning tradition again. As of now it's dead.

Yall act like our staff is full of solidified dudes. LOL

Our staff is full of green a$$ coaches.
It is NOT crazy to believe that they occasionally get their a$$ handed to them on the recruiting trail. (without bags)

None...and I mean none of them...have a solid reputation or resume for developing players and/or recruiting.
Miss me with the Rumph talk, he ain't been in the game long enough.
Banda? Fvck no.
Simpson? Just came off the high school field.
Diaz? Nope. Although he seems very likeable. Probably a decent recruiter. Inventing the chain helps.

Look at that defensive staff! LMAO
You MF's really think that staff is hard to recruit against without bags?
Who the **** are these guys? Like really, look at the big picture. In the football world, who the **** are these coaches? Not a single one of them hold any clout in the coaching world. Other than Diaz, all of them are peons in the coaching world, and even Diaz is not a hot name.

I like them. But I'm a Miami fan.
We're not recruiting Miami fans.
I'm speaking on an outsider's perspective.

Winning would counteract this issue.

You had me until you said the last sentence. UGA hasn't won a national title in 40 years and I would argue our buzz was better then theirs last year. We lost 3 games they lost 2. TC and TS cant feed me the "I want to win now" BS as reasons why they would go to UGA over us.

Bama and Clemson are different. I can see a player wanting to go to their schools if they are using the "I want to win" argument but don't go toe to toe with Clemson that often and we only go toe to toe with Bama for 1 or 2 kids a year.

But our program is on an uptick. If recruits can't see that then they didn't want to come here anyway OR maybe they were paid. Who knows.

You had me until you said the last sentence. UGA hasn't won a national title in 40 years and I would argue our buzz was better then theirs last year. We lost 3 games they lost 2. TC and TS cant feed me the "I want to win now" BS as reasons why they would go to UGA over us.

Bama and Clemson are different. I can see a player wanting to go to their schools if they are using the "I want to win" argument but don't go toe to toe with Clemson that often and we only go toe to toe with Bama for 1 or 2 kids a year.

But our program is on an uptick. If recruits can't see that then they didn't want to come here anyway OR maybe they were paid. Who knows.

Georgia is the trendy school right now. They have waaaaaaay more buzz going for them than we do.

A 3 loss year for Kirby would take the edge off.

Advertisement
Although we have recruited some nice pieces long the D Line....War Daddy U has been crushing us with D Line recruiting. They keep stacking studs on their D Line every single year. Last recruiting class and this current one are no different. I have no idea who the D Line coach was last season for them or who the current dude is, but they have the formula figured out. We are hurting for quality DT depth and can't land top end DT recruits 4 years running now. Granted, Nesta was a unicorn, but then we had to find a last minute fill in the same class that we basically got lucky to sign since he was very under the radar due to his school and a lack of camp attendance. I want to see Simpson and Diaz pull some 4-5 Star stud D Line recruits this class, regardless if they come from Florida, Georgia, or any other state. I need to see the proof in the pudding.

It’s simple....just win. Miami has improved each year since Richt took over. Keep taking positive steps and by next year Miami should be in the playoff. Maybe even this year.

Difference at Bama, UGA, and Clemson...Some of you folks can lie to yourselves all you want, but this is the hard truth. Power 5 CFB is a business, and like any other big revenue business, rules are broken to gain an advantage on your competitor.

UGA's success in recruiting?
I think it definitely adds up. They just competed for a National Championship and they have a "Saban protege" at Head Coach.

They've always recruited pretty well.
You mean Mark Richt has always recruited pretty well. They weren’t **** before that.

Advertisement
Georgia is the trendy school right now. They have waaaaaaay more buzz going for them than we do.

A 3 loss year for Kirby would take the edge off.
A 3 loss year wont hurt them at all. He can just say they were young and had a bunch of new guys starting.

Although we have recruited some nice pieces long the D Line....War Daddy U has been crushing us with D Line recruiting. They keep stacking studs on their D Line every single year. Last recruiting class and this current one are no different. I have no idea who the D Line coach was last season for them or who the current dude is, but they have the formula figured out. We are hurting for quality DT depth and can't land top end DT recruits 4 years running now. Granted, Nesta was a unicorn, but then we had to find a last minute fill in the same class that we basically got lucky to sign since he was very under the radar due to his school and a lack of camp attendance. I want to see Simpson and Diaz pull some 4-5 Star stud D Line recruits this class, regardless if they come from Florida, Georgia, or any other state. I need to see the proof in the pudding.

@brock, you disagree? Fine, but state your argument to counter my stance...let me hear your logic instead of a little ghey down finger emoji. Convince me it's different.

Yall act like our staff is full of solidified dudes. LOL

Our staff is full of green a$$ coaches.
It is NOT crazy to believe that they occasionally get their a$$ handed to them on the recruiting trail. (without bags)

None...and I mean none of them...have a solid reputation or resume for developing players and/or recruiting.
Miss me with the Rumph talk, he ain't been in the game long enough.
Banda? Fvck no.
Simpson? Just came off the high school field.
Diaz? Nope. Although he seems very likeable. Probably a decent recruiter. Inventing the chain helps.

Look at that defensive staff! LMAO
You MF's really think that staff is hard to recruit against without bags?
Who the **** are these guys? Like really, look at the big picture. In the football world, who the **** are these coaches? Not a single one of them hold any clout in the coaching world. Other than Diaz, all of them are peons in the coaching world, and even Diaz is not a hot name.

I like them. But I'm a Miami fan.
We're not recruiting Miami fans.
I'm speaking on an outsider's perspective.

Winning would counteract this issue.
Rump has Micheal Jackson in first round talk, would have had Malik in the draft, Bandy going Day 2, DB haul last year was tremendous with or without AH kids.

Advertisement
@brock, you disagree? Fine, but state your argument to counter my stance...let me hear your logic instead of a little ghey down finger emoji. Convince me it's different.

Of course before last year with Nesta Miami wouldn’t get that many quality dts, we had al golden running the ship for 5 years in that read and react bullsh*t. Then look around before mcintosh and Norton barely getting drafted in the 5th and 7th round we haven’t had a dt selected since what Kareem brown in 2008? We have had to build our rep at producing dts and dbs for that matter. It’s an ongoing process

Amazing the number of people disagreeing or debating with Macho. He is just stating facts, which most likely will change soon, but for now it's still the reality of what we are up against in recruiting DB's.

Just going to throw something out into this conversation:

Who do you model your game after for Safety or DB: Jaquan, Redwine, Chauncey and for DB, Greedy

Question asked to Stevenson and his answers...

Ok. Now how's that measure up to Kirby Smart's resume?
Don't talk to me about how Saban coached the DB's blah blah blah.
We're talking about what KIDS KNOW. What he can tell a recruit.

And Banda didn't develop Rayshawn Jenkins.
That's a reach.

You guys keep speaking from the perspective of a knowledgeable UM fan.
You're a recruiter and you're talking to a 16-18 year old kid, not a die-hard UM fan. They don't know who the **** Rayshawn Jenkins is and the fact that he "might start" for the Chargers is not enough to sway a kid.
Alabama been putting players in the league since Kirby was a jitt. And Saban the reason kids go to Bama. He won NCs before Bama and probably would’ve won a super bowl if the dolphins didn’t **** that up. Kirby wasn’t the one coming out of those Helicopters.

Advertisement
Back