Miami's defensive staff vs the competition (Recruiting).

Advertisement
At what point do we stop blaming "The Bag Man" and just admit that we got out recruited?

Believe it or not, some staffs can actually recruit really well.
This is definitely true and there are also those kids that just want to go away for college but there are those that you can tell something just ain’t right. UGAy success after just one season doesn’t add up. TS saying he is making a business decision doesn’t add up when you see the Canes who have about 12 former players (DB’s) in the league right now and UGAy has only a handful and the current staff hasn’t proved anything....

At what point do we stop blaming "The Bag Man" and just admit that we got out recruited?

Believe it or not, some staffs can actually recruit really well.
We sent our entire team to his spring game. Although I think UGA has a good staff I doubt we got out recruited. Rique is on record a number of times stating that Banda was the coach he has the best relationship with.

This is definitely true and there are also those kids that just want to go away for college but there are those that you can tell something just ain’t right. UGAy success after just one season doesn’t add up. TS saying he is making a business decision doesn’t add up when you see the Canes who have about 12 former players (DB’s) in the league right now and UGAy has only a handful and the current staff hasn’t proved anything....

UGA's success in recruiting?
I think it definitely adds up. They just competed for a National Championship and they have a "Saban protege" at Head Coach.

They've always recruited pretty well.

Advertisement
We sent our entire team to his spring game. Although I think UGA has a good staff I doubt we got out recruited. Rique is on record a number of times stating that Banda was the coach he has the best relationship with.

To who's spring game?
I'm not talking about any player in particular.

I'm talking about the fact that we blame "the bag man" any time we lose a local player TO ANY TOP SCHOOL.

Yall act like our staff is full of solidified dudes. LOL

Our staff is full of green a$$ coaches.
It is NOT crazy to believe that they occasionally get their a$$ handed to them on the recruiting trail. (without bags)

None...and I mean none of them...have a solid reputation or resume for developing players and/or recruiting.
Miss me with the Rumph talk, he ain't been in the game long enough.
Banda? Fvck no.
Simpson? Just came off the high school field.
Diaz? Nope. Although he seems very likeable. Probably a decent recruiter. Inventing the chain helps.

Look at that defensive staff! LMAO
You MF's really think that staff is hard to recruit against without bags?
Who the **** are these guys? Like really, look at the big picture. In the football world, who the **** are these coaches? Not a single one of them hold any clout in the coaching world. Other than Diaz, all of them are peons in the coaching world, and even Diaz is not a hot name.

I like them. But I'm a Miami fan.
We're not recruiting Miami fans.
I'm speaking on an outsider's perspective.

Winning would counteract this issue.

Last edited:

It is NOT crazy to believe that they occasionally get their a$$ handed to them on the recruiting trail. (without bags)

None...and I mean none of them...have a solid reputation or resume for developing players and/or recruiting.
Banda? Fvck no.
Diaz? Nope. Although he seems very likeable. Probably a decent recruiter. Inventing the chain helps.

Who the **** are these guys? Like really, look at the big picture. In the football world, who the **** are these coaches? Not a single one of them hold any clout in the coaching world. Other than Diaz, all of them are peons in the coaching world, and even Diaz is not a hot name.

Banda: our last 2 starting safeties have been top notch (jaquan and carter)
Simpson: he's good enough that the Falcons hired him.
Diaz: most sacks in CFP isn't good enough for you (while using some golden players)

Diaz: most sacks in CFP isn't good enough for you (while using some golden players)

Reaching like crazy.

And who the **** is Carter to these kids? They don't know that dude. LOL

Simpson coached ONE year with the Falcons as an ASSISTANT D-line coach.

Advertisement

Banda? Fvck no.

Winning would counteract this issue.
Def right but when this staff has a few more people go high in the draft that should change. **** MJ and JJ alone should help show we can develop the players for the next level

Simpson is still a green coach In terms of college experience. Rumph and Banda too although they are building a rapport with development of their players. Patke is very green. We do lack experience on that side of the ball for sure

LOL @ Banda telling a high school kid that he developed Jamal Carter.

Recruit - "Who?"
Banda - "He's a back-up DB for the Broncos. He had 9 tackles last season."

Reaching like crazy.

And who the **** is Carter to these kids? They don't know that dude. LOL

Simpson coached ONE year with the Falcons as an ASSISTANT D-line coach.

I understand Simpson's resume isn't the best, but the falcons picked him over other coaches with better "resume".

Also for safety, i forgot to mention colbert who is getting lots of love in NFL lately.

Advertisement
I can vouch for that.
We slow played Battle and it hurt us.
Now that bothers me. How in the **** do we justify slow playing a kid like Battle? We smother Good yet slow play Battle? Don't get me wrong I like Good but it is things like this that make me furious! We actually slow played Battle??? You can't make this stuff up.

Advertisement
Now that bothers me. How in the **** do we justify slow playing a kid like Battle? We smother Good yet slow play Battle? Don't get me wrong I like Good but it is things like this that make me furious! We actually slow played Battle??? You can't make this stuff up.

From what I heard, we slow play a lot of local studs, specifically DB's.
This comes from someone who trains these kids.

LOL @ Banda telling a high school kid that he developed Jamal Carter.

Recruit - "Who?"
Banda - "He's a back-up DB for the Broncos. He had 9 tackles last season."
He also can point out that he developed Jaquan Johnson into an all American safety let’s be real about the situation. Ray Shawn Jenkins is also in line to start for the chargers after seeing playing time on 3rd downs mostly for them last year.

Rumph is going to have a resume soon
Michael Jackson
Adrian Colbert- one of the best young dbs in the last draft class
Corn elder

Banda
Ray Shawn jenkins
Jamal carter -
Jaquan Johnson
Sheldrick redwine- with a great season he could be drafted
And for the record making a 53 man roster ain’t easy... lol

If you can't see that our defensive staff is green and practically "learning on the job" then you're just being a homer.
It would NOT be hard to recruit against these guys right now.

I think it can change, though.
One more season of our DB's snaggin' turnovers + a couple guys going high in the draft will help change the perception.

He also can point out that he developed Jaquan Johnson into an all American safety let’s be real about the situation. Ray Shawn Jenkins is also in line to start for the chargers after seeing playing time on 3rd downs mostly for them last year.

Ok. Now how's that measure up to Kirby Smart's resume?
Don't talk to me about how Saban coached the DB's blah blah blah.
We're talking about what KIDS KNOW. What he can tell a recruit.

And Banda didn't develop Rayshawn Jenkins.
That's a reach.

You guys keep speaking from the perspective of a knowledgeable UM fan.
You're a recruiter and you're talking to a 16-18 year old kid, not a die-hard UM fan. They don't know who the **** Rayshawn Jenkins is and the fact that he "might start" for the Chargers is not enough to sway a kid.

Advertisement
Back