Miami's defensive staff vs the competition (Recruiting).

Advertisement
You have to be either naive or a super homer to argue that our coach's resumes are on par with other major programs.
When you have to use Adrian fvckin' Colbert to support your argument, that's all that needs to be said.

Good news is, it'll change after another good defensive season.

Yes it does.
Kids are kids.

You think kids in Carol City know who Colbert is but kids in Lauderhill don't? LOL

Stop reaching.

I just checked twitter...i see 49ers official page tweeting about him - kids see that. Also, him being ranked as one of the best according to PFT doesnt help? Not reaching a bit.

Advertisement
I just checked twitter...i see 49ers official page tweeting about him - kids see that. Also, him being ranked as one of the best according to PFT doesnt help? Not reaching a bit.

Ok.
So then walk into a teenager's living room and use a player who started 6 games in the NFL last season as the main point of reputation for development...VERSUS A GUY WHO WAS ALABAMA'S DC FOR 9 YEARS! LOL
Good luck.

Like I said, not wasting my time. You're trying to deflect and turn this into a Deandre Baker debate cause you're out of ammo in the real debate.
You brought him up lol.

What we debating weather or not rumph/Banda has done a better job developing dbs the last 2 years than tucker/smart did or what?
We are just building our db pipeline to the league again, it’s going to take time to change perception. It is what it is but rumph/Banda are doing a good job with that so far

Advertisement
You brought him up lol.

What we debating weather or not rumph/Banda has done a job developing dbs the last 2 years than tucker/smart did or what?

And as I said before...

WTF does 2 years mean?!

KIRBY IS GOING TO PITCH HIS ENTIRE RESUME!!!!!

LOL @ Ephram Banda walking into a kid's living room and saying "I know Coach Smart has a bunch of players in the NFL and has won NC's, but the last 2 years I've done a better job of coaching."

It's even more laughable when you consider the fact that he's fresh off an NC appearance and Banda's DB's are fresh off an a$$ whooping from some True Freshman WR at Wisconsin.

You have to be either naive or a super homer to argue that our coach's resumes are on par with other major programs.
When you have to use Adrian fvckin' Colbert to support your argument, that's all that needs to be said.

Coach read all your posts on this thread. I don’t agree with it. If you a college coach you have to have some experience. Im sure not everyone on Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, or OSU are HOF coaches or well known. Plus, we are losing only on the most highly rated DBs. And, these guys are getting pooled in certain schools (the ones listed). $omething is fishy, and all staff nationwide know.

Coach read all your posts on this thread. I don’t agree with it. If you a college coach you have to have some experience. Im sure not everyone on Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, or OSU are HOF coaches or well known. Plus, we are losing only on the most highly rated DBs. And, these guys are getting pooled in certain schools (the ones listed). $omething is fishy, and all staff nationwide know.

You disagree that our coaches are green?

Ok.

Advertisement
And FWIW...

We ain't got a single DB better than Deandre Baker. Soooo...

"Hi my name is Ephram Banda and I have several former players who might get some playing time in the NFL next season."

"Hi my name is Kirby Smart and I'm a National Championship DC and have 942 players contributing in the NFL."

"Yeah well I developed Jaquan Johnson, and he's regarded as one of the top Safeties in the NCAA."

"I just competed for a National Championship last season."

I agree with the overall point you are trying to make our coaches are green and can't use the same pitch Smart can coming from Bama, but I think you are reaching a little too far to make your point. Baker was a 3* from Miami recruited by Richt, Richt can use his name like Smart can as far as players put in the league. Can't compare Smart to Banda. Any HC should be able to outshine an assistant.

This is mostly true. Perception is definitely that The U is NOT currently a Championship program and we also don't have a reputation of developing great players over any other team. TE is the one area where kids know we develop talent.

The good news is things are changing. You were dead on, we just need another year or two of showing up at the ACCCG. It is also encouraging that DB's do seem to be developing. So more of the same and we should be good to go.

Smart getting to the Championship game helped a ton. SEC marketing 24/7 on ESPN and $$$$$$$ also is a bonus.

Advertisement
This is mostly true. Perception is definitely that The U is NOT currently a Championship program and we also don't have a reputation of developing great players over any other team. TE is the one area where kids know we develop talent.

The good news is things are changing. You were dead on, we just need another year or two of showing up at the ACCCG. It is also encouraging that DB's do seem to be developing. So more of the same and we should be good to go.

Smart getting to the Championship game helped a ton. SEC marketing 24/7 on ESPN and $$$$$$$ also is a bonus.

Just to clarify...

I'm not saying we won't get there...
Or that our coaches are trash.
But they are green. They're building their resumes on UM's time.

More games like VT and Notre Dame...and less games like Wisonsin and Pitt will change the overall perception of our coaching staff.

We're gonna start sending kids to the NFL early in the draft soon and that will help greatly.

If you can't see that our defensive staff is green and practically "learning on the job" then you're just being a homer.
It would NOT be hard to recruit against these guys right now.

I think it can change, though.
One more season of our DB's snaggin' turnovers + a couple guys going high in the draft will help change the perception.
If this was the defensive staff of either the Gators or Noles, we would constantly be highlighting the issues of their experience.

Just to clarify...

I'm not saying we won't get there...
Or that our coaches are trash.
But they are green. They're building their resumes on UM's time.

More games like VT and Notre Dame...and less games like Wisonsin and Pitt will change the overall perception of our coaching staff.

We're gonna start sending kids to the NFL early in the draft soon and that will help greatly.

What you're saying is objectively true.

Im sure not everyone on Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, or OSU are HOF coaches or well known.

???
OSU- Schiano, Studrawa, and Larry Johnson.
UGA- Doesnt have big names but experience.
Clemson- Veneables plus experience
Bama- didnt even have to look them up. Lupoi, Key, Locksley, Kool

Advertisement
Back