Miami's defensive staff vs the competition (Recruiting).

Advertisement
Although we have recruited some nice pieces long the D Line....War Daddy U has been crushing us with D Line recruiting. They keep stacking studs on their D Line every single year. Last recruiting class and this current one are no different. I have no idea who the D Line coach was last season for them or who the current dude is, but they have the formula figured out. We are hurting for quality DT depth and can't land top end DT recruits 4 years running now. Granted, Nesta was a unicorn, but then we had to find a last minute fill in the same class that we basically got lucky to sign since he was very under the radar due to his school and a lack of camp attendance. I want to see Simpson and Diaz pull some 4-5 Star stud D Line recruits this class, regardless if they come from Florida, Georgia, or any other state. I need to see the proof in the pudding.
DT recruiting has been a problem for 10+ years.

Of course before last year with Nesta Miami wouldn’t get that many quality dts, we had al golden running the ship for 5 years in that read and react bullsh*t. Then look around before mcintosh and Norton barely getting drafted in the 5th and 7th round we haven’t had a dt selected since what Kareem brown in 2008? We have had to build our rep at producing dts and dbs for that matter. It’s an ongoing process

Patty cake scheme has been changed for 2+ years (Seasons) now. Especially with our current program momentum and complimentary scheme, I'm shocked that DT recruiting has been this difficult.

I mean sure, Rumph/Banda aren't without fault here on some of our recruiting misfortune at their positions. Although, the position on the team isn't exactly barren either.

But you flat out had Campbell's uncle come on here and said that UGA threw bags at his nephew and his family.

Advertisement
DT recruiting has been a problem for 10+ years.

For sure, and we can all understand for the first 8 years why that was an issue, but for 2+ years we have fielded a top 15 defense with an attacking scheme that most HS DT's like due to ability to stack up stats. especially with our team momentum, we should be having better DT hauls the past 2 classes and this one thus far. Granted it's only August and we have time for the 19 class.

I didn't listen to the podcast, but there is a lot of validity to what you're saying. Banda acknowledging it is a good thing, but only thing he can do is continue to develop talent. Hope Redwine and Johnson ball out and Carter/Hall take next steps then he can add that to his coaching resume.
Give it a listen. Real good, hour long interview with Banda in which he speaks directly to this issue of he and Rumph being unknown and unproven at the college level and with local high school athletes.

He talks directly about underclassmen needing to see results on the field concerning top notch development and production from their former teammates and schoolmates before they can be sold on us as a legitimate option.

Advertisement
Georgia is paying.

I've heard it from three Power 5 coaches (different programs), high school coaches and high school players. It is a fact and they are being blatant about it.

It's pretty clear. Kirby is not dominating Meyer and Saban off resume nor personality.

While we're debating Rumph/Banda/Simpson's lack of resume.

I'm curious as to what cache that Mel Tucker and James Coley have built up to sell to kids. Whom have they developed and sent to the league?
Mel tucker can say he was a dc in the nfl. Doesn't matter if he was good or not that sells. And he was at osu for about 4 or 5 years in the early 2000s. Coley hasn't really been pulling recruits like that at uga.

At what point do we stop blaming "The Bag Man" and just admit that we got out recruited?

Believe it or not, some staffs can actually recruit really well.

This coming from the same man that defended Swasey's sorry a$$ S&C program up until he got fired.

Color me skeptical on any of your opinions.

The "Bag Game" is real and these SEC schools have the alumni base and organization to operate it at a higher level than most. In addition, have the NCAA turning a blind eye to the bigger players like (Alabama, Georgia, etc) because they're making so much money for that corrupt organization. Of course, they'll sacrifice a few smaller fish to save face because the evidence is so strong it can't be covered up like Ole Miss.

The Georgia visit for TS with his Mom driving up there I'm sure was scoping out their new home the boosters are setting up for them.

Advertisement
At what point do we stop blaming "The Bag Man" and just admit that we got out recruited?

Believe it or not, some staffs can actually recruit really well.

The narrative that the defensive staff can't recruit is silly. We missed on our #1 DB target last year yet still had a stud class - Frierson, Blades, D.J., Hall. See, this is what happens when your lazy and just shout a narrative that the simple crowds can hand onto. But congrats to you. You're still waiting for McFadden to be drafted.

We need to assign Hartley to the high-profile defensive targets. Bump his pay or whatever it takes. He seems to know the right formula.

Who the ****'s comparing it to Paul Williams and Golden though? LOL
We're not recruiting against them.

NOBODY KNOWS WHO ADRIAN COLBERT IS!!!!!
Only we do. You can't use Adrian fvckin' Colbert's "NFL hype" to sway a teenage kid. He hasn't done d!ck yet!

Jenkins and Elder's increase in "development" can be attributed to a change in scheme. You can't "develop" a player in that short amount of time. You can improve his production by putting him in better positions to succeed.
And AGAIN, nobody knows who the **** those guys are! Stop pointing to players that aren't even contributing in the NFL yet. Only WE know who these kids are.

You can say whatever you want about Kirby at Bama, but you'd be a **** fool to think that he just sat there with his thumb up his a$$ for 9 years and had no part in coaching DB's.
And once again, you're talking to a kid. You think kids know "who really coached the DB's" at Alabama?
How about this. Their last DB in the draft (2015) was a Mark Richt commit. The next one will be too. Oh and we have the most recent first round DB in Artie Burns from 2016. EVERYONE knows who he is.

Advertisement
You have to be either naive or a super homer to argue that our coach's resumes are on par with other major programs.
When you have to use Adrian fvckin' Colbert to support your argument, that's all that needs to be said.

Good news is, it'll change after another good defensive season.
Agree it’s changing as the green fades.

You literally had Nevin Shapiro come out while trying to burn down UM that as much as he was paying recruits/players, it was nowhere compared to what happened in the SEC.

While we're debating Rumph/Banda/Simpson's lack of resume.

I'm curious as to what cache that Mel Tucker and James Coley have built up to sell to kids. Whom have they developed and sent to the league?

Wasn't Mel Tucker a NFL defensive coordinator?

Advertisement
Back