Miami's defensive staff vs the competition (Recruiting).

If you can't see that our defensive staff is green and practically "learning on the job" then you're just being a homer.
It would NOT be hard to recruit against these guys right now.

I think it can change, though.
One more season of our DB's snaggin' turnovers + a couple guys going high in the draft will help change the perception.
I think 2 more seasons Macho... that would give them more players to show on their resume.

Advertisement
Ok. Now how's that measure up to Kirby Smart's resume?
Don't talk to me about how Saban coached the DB's blah blah blah.
We're talking about what KIDS KNOW. What he can tell a recruit.

And Banda didn't develop Rayshawn Jenkins.
That's a reach.

You guys keep speaking from the perspective of a knowledgeable UM fan.
You're a recruiter and you're talking to a 16-18 year old kid, not a die-hard UM fan. They don't know who the **** Rayshawn Jenkins is and the fact that he "might start" for the Chargers is not enough to sway a kid.
I’ve always been high on Rayshawn Jenkins but we all can agree his game was brought to another level just like corn elders was his senior year.
The db coaches can point to the development of current players now like Jaquan Johnson who EVERYONE know as well as Michael Jackson. These are guys they are actively developing in addition to the other guys in the secondary. Also Adrian Colbert from last year who stays repping the U built a ton of hype off his rookie season.

If you can’t see the db development isn’t worlds better than Paul Williams and the golden regime then you just ain’t trying to.

Don’t give me Kirby at bama developing dbs because everyone knows saban literally coaches that position in daily practices. And you are talking about kirby smart at uga developing dbs? Let’s even the playing field who has developed better dbs in the last 2 years Mel tucker/ Kirby or rumph/Banda. It’s EASILY the Miami coaches and it isn’t particularly close

I’ve always been high on Rayshawn Jenkins but we all can agree his game was brought to another level just like corn elders was his senior year.
The db coaches can point to the development of current players now like Jaquan Johnson who EVERYONE know as well as Michael Jackson. These are guys they are actively developing in addition to the other guys in the secondary. Also Adrian Colbert from last year who stays repping the U built a ton of hype off his rookie season.

If you can’t see the db development isn’t worlds better than Paul Williams and the golden regime then you just ain’t trying to.

Don’t give me Kirby at bama developing dbs because everyone knows saban literally coaches that position in daily practices.And you are talking about kirby smart at uga developing dbs? who has developed better dbs in the last 2 years Mel tucker/ Kirby or rumph/Banda. It’s EASILY the Miami coaches and it isn’t particularly close
I think he agrees with you. I think any real fan agrees with you but any kid that plays high school football and didn't grow up a true cane those names and resumes just don't carry as much weight with them

I think he agrees with you. I think any real fan agrees with you but any kid that plays high school football and didn't grow up a true cane those names and resumes just don't carry as much weight with them

Literally everyone knows Jaquan Johnson, sheldrick redwine may not be popular on this board but the kids know and look up to him too

@Coach Macho is right. These kids just plain are not convinced that they can develop and win with our green coaches, and won’t be until we start playing and winning on an elite level.

I love our young coaches and the work they are putting in to these younger kids is starting to pay off, but right now it is what it is. Kids need to be convinced they can win here. These sophomores and juniors need to see guys they went to school with ball out for The U.

There’s a new podcast thread over on eye in the sky. Listen to it. Banda acknowledges this fact.

Advertisement

Don’t give me Kirby at bama developing dbs because everyone knows saban literally coaches that position in daily practices.And you are talking about kirby smart at uga developing dbs? who has developed better dbs in the last 2 years Mel tucker/ Kirby or rumph/Banda. It’s EASILY the Miami coaches and it isn’t particularly close

Who the ****'s comparing it to Paul Williams and Golden though? LOL
We're not recruiting against them.

NOBODY KNOWS WHO ADRIAN COLBERT IS!!!!!
Only we do. You can't use Adrian fvckin' Colbert's "NFL hype" to sway a teenage kid. He hasn't done d!ck yet!

Jenkins and Elder's increase in "development" can be attributed to a change in scheme. You can't "develop" a player in that short amount of time. You can improve his production by putting him in better positions to succeed.
And AGAIN, nobody knows who the **** those guys are! Stop pointing to players that aren't even contributing in the NFL yet. Only WE know who these kids are.

You can say whatever you want about Kirby at Bama, but you'd be a **** fool to think that he just sat there with his thumb up his a$$ for 9 years and had no part in coaching DB's.
And once again, you're talking to a kid. You think kids know "who really coached the DB's" at Alabama?

One more season of our DB's snaggin' turnovers + a couple guys going high in the draft will help change the perception.

Agreed. MJ and Jaquan going on the first two days of the draft, Frierson, Bandy, and Ivey making plays, Colbert bussin heads in San Fran, Corn coming back healthy, and hopefully Rayshawn getting some PT should help.

Only we do. You can't use Adrian fvckin' Colbert's "NFL hype" to sway a teenage kid. He hasn't done d!ck yet!

Jenkins and Elder's increase in "development" can be attributed to a change in scheme. You can't "develop" a player in that short amount of time. You can improve his production by putting him in better positions to succeed.
And AGAIN, nobody knows who the **** those guys are! Stop pointing to players that aren't even contributing in the NFL yet. Only WE know who these kids are.

You can say whatever you want about Kirby at Bama, but you'd be a **** fool to think that he just sat there with his thumb up his a$$ for 9 years and had no part in coaching DB's.
And once again, you're talking to a kid. You think kids know "who really coached the DB's" at Alabama?

Again , in the last 2 years who has done a better job in developing dbs and or putting in them in the league? Miami (Banda/rumph) or uga(tucker/smart).
:monkey-serious:

Advertisement

Do you realize that Colbert actually helped Richt recruited last year....Richt wouldn't have asked him if the recruits didn't know who he is.

"Hi my name is Ephram Banda and I have several former players who might get some playing time in the NFL next season."

"Hi my name is Kirby Smart and I'm a National Championship DC and have 942 players contributing in the NFL."

"Yeah well I developed Jaquan Johnson, and he's regarded as one of the top Safeties in the NCAA."

"I just competed for a National Championship last season."

Again , in the last 2 years who has done a better job in developing dbs and or putting in them in the league?

Who the **** cares about the last 2 years? Kirby is going to sell his whole resume. SMH

Again, not looking at it from the perspective of a recruiter or recruit.

Advertisement
Do you realize that Colbert actually helped Richt recruited last year....Richt wouldn't have asked him if the recruits didn't know who he is.
Another reach. LOL

Kids don't know who Adrian Colbert is, dude. I know this for a fact. I coach kids.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back