Miami working on Richt extension

If he continues to come up short, as he has done for his entire career, then yes, he will get fired.

Just like he did at UGA.

You realize after two years of Golden people were claiming we were back too, right?

Win the ACC, make the playoffs, then come talk to me about us being back and the HC retiring here.

Do the honorable thing, don’t make me say it...

Advertisement
The athletic department and BoT aren't evaluating and providing an extension to Richt based solely on game results. Do you legit have a sub 70 IQ?

Well obviously, but at the end of the day we're paying him 4+ million to put the Miami football program back at the top. He isn't getting paid that much to just shake hands and host youth camps. Lets be real here.

This is a no brainer. If Miami doesn't already understand what they have with Richt then they are dumber than a box of nails.

The man has already shown his commitment to Miami by giving $1,000,000 towards the IPF. What other selfish, me 1st, highly paid coach out there would have done that? He did it despite making a lot less. He has already quickly done what none of our recent 3 stooges were unable to do by winning the Coastal. Our problem is not having a decent QB here yet, not anything Richt has done. Who could have done better with what we have here now? His recruiting classes have been excellent

Jarren Williams looks promising...So does N'Kosi with more work. So do we want him here or not when its already obvious he is working well to address our problems? It took years to dig this hole, Richt dug out of it faster than could be expected. Only unrealistic idiots expect more, they actually think we are the only ones who recruit SFla.

Do we actually think we do better without paying a whole lot more?? Even then, No coach can guarantee a NC... But I like our chances with him more than anyone else who would have to take a pay cut to be hare.

So WTF is the issue??

PAY THE MAN, KEEP HIM!!
Stop playing these stupid (
we could find someone better) games before we lose him

Last edited:
I'm all for giving Richt a raise as long as he gives the last 1.2 million needed for the IPF.

I'm all for giving Richt a raise as long as he gives the last 1.2 million needed for the IPF.

Really.. He shouldn't have to even pay a dime for something the university knows they need to keep up with basically 99.8% of D1 football schools and you here asking him for more? word?

Advertisement
This is a no brainer. If Miami doesn't already understand what they have with Richt then they are dumber than a box of nails.

The man has already shown his commitment to Miami by giving $1,000,000 towards the IPF. What other selfish, me 1st, highly paid coach out there would have done that? He has already done what the 3 stooges were unable to do by winning the Coastal. Our problem is not having a decent QB here yet, not anything Richt has done. Who could have done better with what we have here now? His recruiting classes have been excellent

Jarren Williams looks promising...So does N'Kosi with more work. So do we want him here or not when its already obvious he is working well to address our problems? it took years to dig this hole, Richt dug out of it faster than could be expected. Only unrealistic idiots expect more, they actually think we are the only ones who recruit SFla.

Do we actually think we do better without paying a whole lot more?? Even then, No coach can guarantee a NC... But I like our chances with him more than anyone else who would have to take a pay cut to be hare.

So WTF is the issue??

PAY THE MAN, KEEP HIM!!
Stop playing games before we lose him

Lose him to who?

Talk about histrionics.......

Ummmm. Some people just don’t live in todays world apparently. If you want to hang onto a college coach - they can’t have less than 4 years remaining on their contract these days.

They (the coaches) use recruiting as a crutch reason because the players they bring in today wanna know they’re gonna be there thru their senior year.

But unless you’re really not sure you want the guy - better lock him up thru 4 years minimum. Coaches renegotiate their contracts every year nowadays. Guaranteed Richt does it again in a year or two if he wins 9-10+.

Lose him to who?

Yes, CD,

I do find it incredible that keeping him here is even an issue.

Do you really think that there isn't a market for Richt??

Off hand I can think of numerous SEC & ACC schools would take him in a heartbeat and ALL would pay him a lot more than we're currently paying.
He's a proven quantity in the SEC & ACC and would certainly improve the prospects of numerous programs.

Histrionics!! YES, without a doubt. I find it incredibly ridiculous....I feel that I'm reliving our Butch Davis negotiations all over again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes, CD,

I do find it incredible that keeping him here is even an issue.

Do you really don't think that there isn't a market for Richt??

Off hand I can think of numerous SEC & ACC schools would take him in a heartbeat and ALL would pay him a lot more than we're currently paying.
Histrionics!! YES, without a doubt ....because I see this as Butch Davis all over again.

He's a proven quantity in the SEC & ACC and would certainly improve the prospects of numerous programs.

He ain't going anywhere. No matter how much money other schools throw at him. He had accepted being put out to pasture until we came knocking.

Lose him to who?

I was about to post the same thing.

People forget that Richt was either coming here or taking a year off from football because there were numerous of quality jobs available (BYU, VT, Miz, South Carolina, USC etc) when he was let go. He took this job so he could play call, put his son's foot in the coaching door, and because of the fertile recruiting ground in SFL. Period.

He ain't going anywhere. No matter how much money other schools throw at him. He had accepted being put out to pasture until we came knocking.

I think you've misread what actually happened.

I think we were incredible lucky that the timing of Golden's firing and UGA firing occurred when they did ...and most importantly that we moved as fast as we did.

Put out to pasture no matter how much $$?? ....All I can say is ...dream on my man.

But its obvious we just see this differently

Last edited:
I think you've misreading what actually happened.

I think we were incredible lucky that the timing of Golden's firing and UGA firing occurred when they did ...and most importantly that we moved as fast as we did.

Put out to pasture no matter how much $$?? ....All I can say is ...dream on my man.

But its obvious we just see this differently
Actually he can’t get Davis’s **** out of his mouth long enough to say anything different I’m kind of over this bull**** if you can’t tell

Advertisement
So we’ve made him the 21st highest paid coach and you think he’s failed by finishing 13th overall?

We're paying him the most money we've ever paid a HC. EVER. Considering we've paid HC in the past less then what we are paying Richt and have won 5 championships. 13th isn't good enough. If Richt was getting paid as much as Randy Shannon or Al Golden was then I'd understand but he is getting paid like x3 more.

We're paying him the most money we've ever paid a HC. EVER. Considering we've paid HC in the past less then what we are paying Richt and have won 5 championships. 13th isn't good enough. If Richt was getting paid as much as Randy Shannon or Al Golden was then I'd understand but he is getting paid like x3 more.

So we’re paying coaches more in 2017 than we did in 1987? You don’t say. Coker was one of the highest paid coaches in the nation. Richt is 21st.

Advertisement

Lol hope you’re trolling. Otherwise you sound like a clown.

I hope Richt goes 9-3 or 10-2 every year so we never fire him yet never win titles. The amount of crying and tears coming from you will feed me for YEARS. Lol

Lol hope you’re trolling. Otherwise you sound like a clown.

I hope Richt goes 9-3 or 10-2 every year so we never fire him yet never win titles. The amount of crying and tears coming from you will feed me for YEARS. Lol

Okay. I'm telling you. It going to grow old QUICK. People forget that Coker averaged 9-10 wins here after the Butch kids left and he WON a championship still got ousted.

I'd agree with you if Miami was a college town but we aren't. We want to see dominance/championship contending. PERIOD.

Okay. I'm telling you. It going to grow old QUICK. People forget that Coker averaged 9-10 wins here after the Butch kids left and he WON a championship still got ousted.

I'd agree with you if Miami was a college town but we aren't. We want to see dominance/championship contending. PERIOD.

Well too bad for you but we’ll get whatever Richt gives us so all you can do is take it. The banner trick won’t work this time with Richt- the admin will sooner shut this program down before they fire Richt, barring some major scandal.

We don’t need to win titles to have a great fun program. Finish top 10-20 every year, recruit great, contend for playoffs occasionally, contend for acc consistently, and this will be plenty good enough here.

Advertisement
Back