Miami working on Richt extension

Advertisement
Cant say I dont like it... hopefully he figures out the QB situation

Advertisement
I don’t like our history with early extensions. He started with six years and has no history of jumping ships. Let’s see another two years first. I’m excited about last year but everyone here seems to think we just got lucky because our QB sucks. If true, let’s see mark get a good QB first. I’d rather see him win a NC and decide to move on than lock into another UGA type thing. Win and stay is better but we did just fine with win and done coaches.

Advertisement
We love giving premature extensions.

This. They never learn.

No reason to extend him now. Nobody is taking Richt from us. Guy was a step away from retirement when we saved him. His other option was to go to UVA.

So if things dont work out, that means less money for the next coach.

Why do this????

Advertisement
I've never been a fan of early extensions but I think Mark has put this program in the right direction. Personally I would have waited one more year to give an extension. But I am happy he is getting it.

Advertisement
Honestly I was happier after 2016 than after 2017. Partly because we ended on a strong note in 2016 (5 straight wins, all by at least 14 points) but a very weak note in 2017. And also in part because we lost all the close games in 2016 but won all the close games in 2017.

Plus you're supposed to be better in year 2 than year 1.

Aa long as the bags r bigger and we can keep the studs home give him 30m just to give them bags out. Who could say no to us after that

Advertisement
Back